ImageImageImageImageImage

Around NBA and season prediction seeding wise.

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Re: Around NBA and season prediction seeding wise. 

Post#201 » by Shark » Sun May 14, 2023 3:37 pm

Was it KD's fault though? I thought part of the reason he wanted to go to the Suns was because of Monty Williams.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,031

Post#202 » by NetsWorld » Sun May 14, 2023 3:53 pm

Shark wrote:Was it KD's fault though? I thought part of the reason he wanted to go to the Suns was because of Monty Williams.

When you are a generational talent and don’t get it done, yes it is your fault. Booker is a top 15 talent, no reason they shouldn’t have won. And Monty was much better than Steve Nash.
ChuckS
Bench Warmer
And1: 220

Post#203 » by ChuckS » Sun May 14, 2023 5:44 pm

NetsWorld wrote:
Shark wrote:Was it KD's fault though? I thought part of the reason he wanted to go to the Suns was because of Monty Williams.

When you are a generational talent and don’t get it done, yes it is your fault. Booker is a top 15 talent, no reason they shouldn’t have won. And Monty was much better than Steve Nash.

I disagree for a couple of reasons. I believe it overlooks the fact that another (younger) generational talent, Jokic, was on the opposing team. Secondly, it ignores the reality that KD was NOT on the obviously better team. Booker and Durant did their jobs, collectively scoring 60.3 points per game versus Jokic and Murray at 59.3 PPG, respectively, and at nearly the same efficiencies. The rest of their team scored 10.5 PPG less than those on the Nuggets.

The Suns were without two, I think not insignificant, starters in the elimination game, and four, if you consider that they lost Mikal and CJ in the trade, which severely hurt their defense. They had no depth, and Booker, and KD (at 34+ years) played over 40 minutes per.

I especially question so faulting KD, who I thought looked not totally acclimated after (I think) only 8 in season games. This particularly when he scored the same PPG, 29+, that has him fourth best on the the NBA player playoff all time PPG scoring list.
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#204 » by Shark » Sun May 14, 2023 6:16 pm

NetsWorld wrote:

I didn't mean in so far as his play, which I agree on, it was more the implication that he may have gotten Monty fired for other reasons.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,389

Post#205 » by Papi_swav » Sun May 14, 2023 10:26 pm

lol Harden got very far
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,938

Post#206 » by Karate Diop » Sun May 14, 2023 10:44 pm

Watching Harden choke again was priceless.
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Post#207 » by Eatgreenz » Sun May 14, 2023 11:03 pm

Looks like Ben was enjoying the sixers game just like us
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,080

Post#208 » by Netaman » Sun May 14, 2023 11:12 pm

real good week for the phi 2027 (top 8 protected) and the phoenix picks.

as pumped as id be to get lillard or someone else i kind of want to see what marks can actually do with a bunch of draft picks earlier than 20.
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,406

Post#209 » by Marvin Martian » Sun May 14, 2023 11:20 pm

Karate Diop wrote:Watching Harden choke again was priceless.

I'd rather have Harden than Simmons.
Tha King
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#210 » by Tha King » Sun May 14, 2023 11:30 pm

Netaman wrote:real good week for the phi 2027 (top 8 protected) and the phoenix picks.

as pumped as id be to get lillard or someone else i kind of want to see what marks can actually do with a bunch of draft picks earlier than 20.

ironically, Booker could be available in a couple years. They don't really have many ways of improving that team.
NetsWorld
Starter

Post#211 » by NetsWorld » Sun May 14, 2023 11:58 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:

Sixers lost their end of the deal. Two years and they failed, Simmons underwent surgery and it was estimated one year to recover. Simmons is still young and I have decided to not give up YET. If he gets traded, I’m ok with it; but there is still a chance this guy may recover.
Marvin Martian
General Manager

Post#212 » by Marvin Martian » Mon May 15, 2023 12:12 am

NetsWorld wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:

Sixers lost their end of the deal. Two years and they failed, Simmons underwent surgery and it was estimated one year to recover. Simmons is still young and I have decided to not give up YET. If he gets traded, I’m ok with it; but there is still a chance this guy may recover.

No they didn't. At the end of the day, Harden is playing and Simmons isn't. If PHI wanted to trade Harden, they still can and get a decent return.

Simmons on the other hand, is a negative asset. This rehabilitation experiment is an absolute failure as Simmons has shown 0 growth in any aspect of basketball this season.
Eatgreenz
Senior

Post#213 » by Eatgreenz » Mon May 15, 2023 12:20 am

Netaman wrote:real good week for the phi 2027 (top 8 protected) and the phoenix picks.

as pumped as id be to get lillard or someone else i kind of want to see what marks can actually do with a bunch of draft picks earlier than 20

Same unless a superstar like Luka becomes available i dont mind rebuilding organically. Those Suns picks might really turn into some high lottery picks. Marks has an eye for talent he was trying to make a move in the lte lottery for Donvanon mitchell in his draft
Eatgreenz
Senior

Post#214 » by Eatgreenz » Mon May 15, 2023 12:22 am

Marvin Martian wrote:
NetsWorld wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:I'd rather have Harden than Simmons.

No they didn't. At the end of the day, Harden is playing and Simmons isn't. If PHI wanted to trade Harden, they still can and get a decent return.

Simmons on the other hand, is a negative asset. This rehabilitation experiment is an absolute failure as Simmons has shown 0 growth in any aspect of basketball this season.

Good chance harden leaves them this offseason. So what did they actually do get to the 2nd round like they always have done. So they would have assets from our trade. There still a chance for Ben revenge tour.
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 996

Post#215 » by Decipher » Mon May 15, 2023 12:29 am

So the final results are in

Mavs tanked, Suns are in turmoil, Sixers capped out

Meanwhile, we have cap flexibility, depth & a heap of picks

:rockon:
Marvin Martian
General Manager

Post#216 » by Marvin Martian » Mon May 15, 2023 12:41 am

Eatgreenz wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
NetsWorld wrote:

Good chance harden leaves them this offseason. So what did they actually do get to the 2nd round like they always have done. So they would have assets from our trade. There still a chance for Ben revenge tour.

:lol: Ben is done. He is the last remnant of the 7/11 era. The quicker he is gone the better.

This franchise needs to stop bending the knee to egomaniacs like Simmons. At least KD will get you 30 ppg. Simmons isn't giving the Nets ****
Decipher
Rookie

Post#217 » by Decipher » Mon May 15, 2023 12:43 am

Marvin Martian wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:

:lol: Ben is done. He is the last remnant of the 7/11 era. The quicker he is gone the better.

This franchise needs to stop bending the knee to egomaniacs like Simmons. At least KD will get you 30 ppg. Simmons isn't giving the Nets ****

He's crocked and came back way too soon

Untradeable until he gets back on court
NetsWorld
Starter

Post#218 » by NetsWorld » Mon May 15, 2023 1:55 am

Marvin Martian wrote:
NetsWorld wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:I'd rather have Harden than Simmons.

Harden has a PO and no team is going to pay him max dollars, so Sixers ain’t facilitating a sign and trade. Sixers have no assets. Also, are they gonna pay Maxey big money? Harden is as good as gone and it’s no secret he wants the Rockets and probably came to grips he won’t be winning a ring. I think he just wants comfort at this point. Embiid will be interesting because it has just been a miserable experiment that couldn’t get past the second round, hence the Harden trade was a failure for the Sixers. Ben is 26 with an opportunity to recover. Nets have time to evaluate the landscape. If they were smart, trade O’Neal for picks or DFS for picks or young prospects. 24 and 25 are years to watch.
Marvin Martian
General Manager

Post#219 » by Marvin Martian » Mon May 15, 2023 3:00 am

NetsWorld wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
NetsWorld wrote:

Harden has a PO and no team is going to pay him max dollars, so Sixers ain’t facilitating a sign and trade. Sixers have no assets. Also, are they gonna pay Maxey big money? Harden is as good as gone and it’s no secret he wants the Rockets and probably came to grips he won’t be winning a ring. I think he just wants comfort at this point. Embiid will be interesting because it has just been a miserable experiment that couldn’t get past the second round, hence the Harden trade was a failure for the Sixers. Ben is 26 with an opportunity to recover. Nets have time to evaluate the landscape. If they were smart, trade O’Neal for picks or DFS for picks or young prospects. 24 and 25 are years to watch.

Harden gave PHI a chance to compete. They went into the BOS series as underdogs and was one 3 min meltdown in game 6 from going to the ECF. Not to mention that he single handedly won game 1. Can't really call that failure.

If they knew now what they knew back then, they would still do the trade. In fact, PHI would have had to give up more assets. Because Ben is that bad.

Ben is not a prospect anymore. This is who he is. I expect him to get worse from this point on. He has repeatedly failed to impose his will on the game even when he the most talented player on the floor. He has failed to even take shots even when we were missing our stars. He is horrible.

If the Nets were smart, they would take advantage of Bridges bargain contract and build a contender ASAP in a wide open league before he asks for a raise.
Decipher
Rookie

Post#220 » by Decipher » Mon May 15, 2023 5:01 am

Marvin Martian wrote:
NetsWorld wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:

Harden gave PHI a chance to compete. They went into the BOS series as underdogs and was one 3 min meltdown in game 6 from going to the ECF. Not to mention that he single handedly won game 1. Can't really call that failure.

If they knew now what they knew back then, they would still do the trade. In fact, PHI would have had to give up more assets. Because Ben is that bad.

Ben is not a prospect anymore. This is who he is. I expect him to get worse from this point on. He has repeatedly failed to impose his will on the game even when he the most talented player on the floor. He has failed to even take shots even when we were missing our stars. He is horrible.

If the Nets were smart, they would take advantage of Bridges bargain contract and build a contender ASAP in a wide open league before he asks for a raise.

Harden didn't take a fg or ft attempt in the 4th quarter of the last 3 games

He was an absolute disaster

James is rumoured to be opting out and returning to Houston

IF he walks to sign in cap space, the Sixers will still be over the cap & only have the MLE to spend

They better pray that he opts in or might be forced to max him

That ain't good

Return to Brooklyn Nets