ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets vs. 76ERS- Game 3 playoffs- 4/19- 7:30 Yes & TNT

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: Nets vs. 76ERS- Game 3 playoffs- 4/19- 7:30 Yes & TNT 

Post#261 » by GTR11 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:12 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Lastly, Vaughn's incessant need to double Embiid every posession has been idiotic.

The Sixers have shot lights out from 3 because the shots are wide open. Why is it better to give up Embiid 2s than 3 for everyone else?

We know Embiid gets tired after a while and he was clearly injured this game. Still we insisted on doubling him every time.

It makes NO SENSE. Close out on the shooters and make Embiid work for it. How many points can the guy realsitically score? Weve basically shut him down the whole series and keep losing. Because everybody else gets wide open shots at will.

And we can double him close to the rim sometimes. But just not constantly every time he touches the ball.

Thus series should be 2 and 1. JV alone not calling TO costed this game.

How in the hell you don't call TO?

As for roster. I'm willing to give up anyone not named Bridges and Claxton. Everyone else should be in play for right move.

CamJ for Tragic 6th or DFS for Mavs 10th should be in play for Hendricks. Him, Nic, Bridges and Ben will be catastrophic for any opponent. That's amazing D players with offensive skill sets.

I don't want Dame on this team. He haven't produced star level potential since injuries. Even if he will get us a year, maybe two, how soon he will be washed up. That contract is toxic and should be avoided. I'd much rather take my chances with Ben
I'm on 3pt_chucker bandwagon now. Marks and JV need to go. Till this two clowns will go, nothing will change. This trash is what handicapping our progress.

Dumb fuc* couldn't hire a coach since Langdon left. Get rid of that fuc*
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#262 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:43 am

GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I'm not even mad.

Vaughn needs to be fired. He lacks vision

However, this game was all over the place. The refs were terrible. There's only 3 guys that i keep on this sh*t roster

So who they are?

That 2nd and 3rd guy really intriguing.

Depending on circumstances I'm willing to keep only one guy here.

Claxton, Bridges, and maybe Johnson
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#263 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:48 am

Phish Tank wrote:there's only so much you can do at this point. Your team is in this position as the 6 seed because of the results pre-trade and the fact that you largely remained flat with a 14-17 record since. Extrapolate the post-trade games to a full season and you're not even sniffing the play-in.

It does say a lot that you kept in the game until the final few minutes, unlike the previous games where you ran out of fumes by the 3rd quarter. Just not enough weapons. Seeing Dinwiddie perform as he did further exacerbates those points, as frustrating as it is.

Yep. I've been saying that we're only in the playoffs because of Durant carrying this team before he got hurt and Kyrie blew the season apart.

This is an impossible situation.

sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#264 » by sashaturiaf » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:47 am

Any chance that both Harden and Embiid both get suspended for game 4? Wed probably still find a way to lose the game and get swept though.

Safe to say the series is now over, I only ask that we don't give Harden the satisfaction of the sweep on our home floor.
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#265 » by sashaturiaf » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:56 am

Din has to be the most delusionally confident player in the league, and the worst part about it is our dummies sitting on the bench enabled and encouraged that side of him. Kuzma must be at home laughing his ass off.

Hate to say I told you so, but this season was a write-off as soon as KD was dealt. A top 10 pick in this draft sure would feel great right now.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,031

Post#266 » by NetsWorld » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:51 am

Eid Mubarak to anyone who celebrates. As far as last night, I hate to say it but it was proof we needed house cleaning and Marks/JV need to go. What Marks tried to accomplish by trading KD/Kyrie was to relive the 2019 year. I’m happy with the assets but it’s not fair to the fan base that Marks is still here getting away with his mound of mistakes that he has made. This is a team that was supposed to contend for years to come and to have three supertars out in a year is an UTTER failure. Marks needed to go as well.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#267 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:11 pm

what.. a.. disaster last night was.
I'm numb to getting mad.

I watched 10 mins of Shearn and Isola on the post game report and then turned on Hoarders and fell asleep within the hour. I'm not getting mad anymore. This team should have fell out of playoff contention. But maybe this sort of embarrassment will help speed up the "clean house" process.

MDB, I'm with you - Claxton, Bridges, and CJ are the only ones I really care about at this point. I'm open to all sorts of signings and trades. I'm looking forward to June.
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#268 » by Shark » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:39 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:Any chance that both Harden and Embiid both get suspended for game 4? Wed probably still find a way to lose the game and get swept though.

Safe to say the series is now over, I only ask that we don't give Harden the satisfaction of the sweep on our home floor.

Zero chance. Harden's ejection was kind of silly. A tech for sure, but not grounds for an ejection. Embiid should have been ejected, but the league isn't going to suspend him for a game. Its clear the refs are protecting him.
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#269 » by Shark » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:42 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:Din has to be the most delusionally confident player in the league, and the worst part about it is our dummies sitting on the bench enabled and encouraged that side of him. Kuzma must be at home laughing his ass off.

Hate to say I told you so, but this season was a write-off as soon as KD was dealt. A top 10 pick in this draft sure would feel great right now.

Publicly escalating his beef with Kuzma was the dumbest **** ever and he couldn't even back it up with his play on the court. I like Dinwiddie, working his way up fro the G-League was cool and he clearly loves it here, but he really doesn't elevate the team. Its clear he's gotten way too full of himself.
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#270 » by sashaturiaf » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:01 pm

Shark wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:Din has to be the most delusionally confident player in the league, and the worst part about it is our dummies sitting on the bench enabled and encouraged that side of him. Kuzma must be at home laughing his ass off.

Publicly escalating his beef with Kuzma was the dumbest **** ever and he couldn't even back it up with his play on the court. I like Dinwiddie, working his way up fro the G-League was cool and he clearly loves it here, but he really doesn't elevate the team. Its clear he's gotten way too full of himself.

Comparing himself to Jrue Holiday had to be one of the craziest takes I've ever seen, it makes JR Smith look like he has the self awareness of a Tibetan monk. I mean the NBA is a "brotherhood" so nobody will say anything about this in public but guys have to be cringing for him behind closed doors.

I knew this was going to get bad from his first Nets game after the trade, his body language and shot selection just exuded "I got this". I really think getting traded for Kyrie made Din think he was on his level as a talent.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#271 » by 3pt_chucker » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:17 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
Shark wrote:

Comparing himself to Jrue Holiday had to be one of the craziest takes I've ever seen, it makes JR Smith look like he has the self awareness of a Tibetan monk. I mean the NBA is a "brotherhood" so nobody will say anything about this in public but guys have to be cringing for him behind closed doors.

I knew this was going to get bad from his first Nets game after the trade, his body language and shot selection just exuded "I got this". I really think getting traded for Kyrie made Din think he was on his level as a talent.

If you saw that game 1, shouldn't the head coach be able to see that and reign it in? Instead, JV gave him full reigns and actually empowered him to keep doing it lmaooo :noway: :banghead:
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#272 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:16 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:what.. a.. disaster last night was.
I'm numb to getting mad.

I watched 10 mins of Shearn and Isola on the post game report and then turned on Hoarders and fell asleep within the hour. I'm not getting mad anymore. This team should have fell out of playoff contention. But maybe this sort of embarrassment will help speed up the "clean house" process.

MDB, I'm with you - Claxton, Bridges, and CJ are the only ones I really care about at this point. I'm open to all sorts of signings and trades. I'm looking forward to June.

Now you see why I stopped caring :lol: it's not worth getting upset over.

Yeah, Bridges, Claxton, and CJ (depending on cost) are my keepers. We pretty much have no choice but to kick the tires on Simmons. Everyone else to me is trade fodder.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#273 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:17 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
Shark wrote:Publicly escalating his beef with Kuzma was the dumbest **** ever and he couldn't even back it up with his play on the court. I like Dinwiddie, working his way up fro the G-League was cool and he clearly loves it here, but he really doesn't elevate the team. Its clear he's gotten way too full of himself.

If you saw that game 1, shouldn't the head coach be able to see that and reign it in? Instead, JV gave him full reigns and actually empowered him to keep doing it lmaooo :noway: :banghead:

I like Spencer, but I'm over it. The reunion was fun while it lasted but we need a legit starting PG to maximize Bridges and Johnson's effectiveness.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#274 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:19 pm

Shark wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:Any chance that both Harden and Embiid both get suspended for game 4? Wed probably still find a way to lose the game and get swept though.

Zero chance. Harden's ejection was kind of silly. A tech for sure, but not grounds for an ejection. Embiid should have been ejected, but the league isn't going to suspend him for a game. Its clear the refs are protecting him.

Embiid is the only player that should have gotten ejected last night because what he did was egregious. Harden and Claxton did nothing wrong.

Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Post#275 » by Eatgreenz » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:36 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
Shark wrote:

Spence really said that. Jrue totally opposite of Spence. Jrue is a blue collar player clocks in and clocks out, he dont do know nonsense or funny stuff
Eatgreenz
Senior

Post#276 » by Eatgreenz » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:39 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Shark wrote:

Embiid is the only player that should have gotten ejected last night because what he did was egregious. Harden and Claxton did nothing wrong.

Still crazy harden and clax were the players to get ejected. Embiid literally pushed clax knowing he had a flagrent 2 in the 3rd or 4th chasing a loose ball right in front of the ref. Clax stares at the ref and ref does nothing. The protection Embiid got was at insane levels
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#277 » by sashaturiaf » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:17 pm

Eatgreenz wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
Shark wrote:Publicly escalating his beef with Kuzma was the dumbest **** ever and he couldn't even back it up with his play on the court. I like Dinwiddie, working his way up fro the G-League was cool and he clearly loves it here, but he really doesn't elevate the team. Its clear he's gotten way too full of himself.

Spence really said that. Jrue totally opposite of Spence. Jrue is a blue collar player clocks in and clocks out, he dont do know nonsense of funny stuff

If we had Jrue instead of Harden I think we win that title in 2021, whether Kyrie goes down or not...
Eatgreenz
Senior

Post#278 » by Eatgreenz » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:34 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

Spence really said that. Jrue totally opposite of Spence. Jrue is a blue collar player clocks in and clocks out, he dont do know nonsense of funny stuff

If we had Jrue instead of Harden I think we win that title in 2021, whether Kyrie goes down or not...

1000000% fact we def would of but KD was to fascinated with big star name.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#279 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:39 am

Embiid is out with a knee sprain

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#280 » by CalamityX12 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:36 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Embiid is out with a knee sprain

Literally does not move the needle

Can't steal one when the refs gave us an out so why would anything be different?

Lol
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.

Return to Brooklyn Nets