The Official Mikal Brooklyn Bridges Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,126

Re: The Official Mikal Brooklyn Bridges Thread 

Post#41 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 9, 2023 9:42 pm

Crives wrote:

Johnson could end up better then Bridges, especially with more opportunity. This was supposed to be his breakout season moving to starting lineup before he got injured. Check out this game, my favorite regular season game ever, he killed the knicks, will fit right in

sh*t. that jumper is sexual in nature.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Tha King
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#42 » by Tha King » Thu Feb 9, 2023 9:43 pm

What a combination he and Claxton could be defensively. And if Simmons...
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#43 » by Paradise » Thu Feb 9, 2023 9:54 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Crives wrote:

Johnson could end up better then Bridges, especially with more opportunity. This was supposed to be his breakout season moving to starting lineup before he got injured. Check out this game, my favorite regular season game ever, he killed the knicks, will fit right in

sh*t. that jumper is sexual in nature.

The amount of a Cam’Ron memes posted this season will be legendary.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#44 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:42 am

Someone offered 4 1sts for this guy. That's all i need to know.

NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,031

Post#45 » by NetsWorld » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:21 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Someone offered 4 1sts for this guy. That's all i need to know.

Sean had some positive remarks to say and said he is expecting him to really explode and show out. Bridges might just become a 24 PPG guy with the ability to defend 1-5. Perhaps the window back to contention might just be next year. Who knows? I really hope the C's don't want or Mavs don't win because that could be our chance to trade with either Boston or Dallas for either Tatum or Brown or even Luka.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,752

Post#46 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:43 pm

Great to see you guys create a player thread, especially for Mikal. We do on the Suns forum for all players for any news, game highlights, thoughts, etc.

I will be here reading.

I'll be very surprised if he is not a lot of people's favorite player here before long.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: Welcome Mikal Bridges 

Post#47 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:45 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Crives wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=NxUEthfMO1N_jWDEfmEK_g

oh ho...

don't worry. we have a wide variety of bar hopping snowbunnies in BKN for Mikal to choose from. He'll be in good hands out here.

The food is a lot better too :)

let me stop, i've never been to Arizona. I imagine you guys are heavy into BBQ

Not really bbq. Lots of mexican food though.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#48 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:50 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Crives wrote:Bridges should play the two, especially with all of our forwards

I would start Something like
PG - CamT (let him cook)
SG - Mikal
SF. - Johnson
PF - DFS or Oneale
C - Claxton

I'd prefer that Cam play off ball. Spencer Dinwiddie should start at PG. i really don't know where Ben Simmons fits on this team anymore.

My ideal is to pair Cam and Mikal as our 2/3 combo. Can Johnson play PF?

Yes, Dinwiddie, CamT, Mikal, DFS, Claxton...then a bench of CamJ, O'Neale, Curry, Harris, Simmons, etc.

So many other solid players too.

Ultimately consolidate them for a better player...teams really want 3D wings.

I'd keep Cam Johnson as him and Mikal are best buds and Mikal will be much happier with him there. You could start him as he was starting in Phx but I think the defense would be better with DFS who shoots well. CamJ would probably make the offense better and it better defensively than you would guess. By several advanced measures last year he was the Suns best defender...not that he really was but he was up there. Advanced stats don't always do Bridges justice on the defensive ratings because he guards the superstars who will usually get their points, even if Bridges makes them a lot harder to come by.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#49 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:51 pm

NetsWorld wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Someone offered 4 1sts for this guy. That's all i need to know.

Sean had some positive remarks to say and said he is expecting him to really explode and show out. Bridges might just become a 24 PPG guy with the ability to defend 1-5. Perhaps the window back to contention might just be next year. Who knows? I really hope the C's don't want or Mavs don't win because that could be our chance to trade with either Boston or Dallas for either Tatum or Brown or even Luka.

I think we are one scoring all star away from being back up.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#50 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:52 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Crives wrote:
Read on Twitter

oh ho...

don't worry. we have a wide variety of bar hopping snowbunnies in BKN for Mikal to choose from. He'll be in good hands out here.

We have good mexican food choices up here, but I'm sure the food joints you guys have over there are killer :oops: :nod:

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#51 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:53 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
i haven't had a good plate of jerk chicken and pasta in a minute. he's going to be living like a king out here.

I don’t think Nets fans realize we landed the top prime two wings defensively in the West.

Finney Smith and Bridges went at it multiple times in the Western Conference Finals. I’m sure both including Cam-J and Spencer will not take this whole “rebuild” talk lightly like these dudes can’t turn this into a winning situation. The Suns couldn’t be any worse until Cam Johnson returned and it ironically happened recently they started winning.

This current Nets team is reminding me of when Houston went for Jeremy Lin as a big signing and somehow landed Harden but Houston fans thought it was a piece for a rebuild. I look at Cam like Harden was right now in terms of role, non expectations, defense, etc.

I think the Nets are going to shock a lot of people, but lets stay humble for now. Lots of work ahead to get all of these new pieces implemented.

I think Cam #1 is a lock to be a 25/5/3 player. It's just a matter of time.

I'm so geeked about Mikal, DFS and Cam #2. This team will reflect the culture of Brooklyn well.

I think they will shock people too. I think they will remain top 5 in east. They will be very tough to play against and score against. They could have a top defense and solid shooting and offense. They could be one of the better 3pt shooting teams. They will lack 1 on 1...but they could play the old SSOL Suns type basketball.

Honestly a guy like D'Antoni would probably make their offense great....and their D will be great regardless. Alvin Gentry maybe, who employed the same system.

Did Vaughn get extended long term? I wonder if Gentry could be an assistant..not sure where he is now.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#52 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:54 pm

I think it's the Knicks. They have extra firsts...Brunson probably pushed for it as his ex Nova teammate, etc...they could really use a guy like him.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#53 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:56 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Great to see you guys create a player thread, especially for Mikal. We do on the Suns forum for all players for any news, game highlights, thoughts, etc.

I will be here reading.

I'll be very surprised if he is not a lot of people's favorite player here before long.

He cussed on national television last night so he won me over immediately :lol:

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#54 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:59 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:I don’t think Nets fans realize we landed the top prime two wings defensively in the West.

Finney Smith and Bridges went at it multiple times in the Western Conference Finals. I’m sure both including Cam-J and Spencer will not take this whole “rebuild” talk lightly like these dudes can’t turn this into a winning situation. The Suns couldn’t be any worse until Cam Johnson returned and it ironically happened recently they started winning.

This current Nets team is reminding me of when Houston went for Jeremy Lin as a big signing and somehow landed Harden but Houston fans thought it was a piece for a rebuild. I look at Cam like Harden was right now in terms of role, non expectations, defense, etc.

I think the Nets are going to shock a lot of people, but lets stay humble for now. Lots of work ahead to get all of these new pieces implemented.

I'm so geeked about Mikal, DFS and Cam #2. This team will reflect the culture of Brooklyn well.

I think they will shock people too. I think they will remain top 5 in east. They will be very tough to play against and score against. They could have a top defense and solid shooting and offense. They could be one of the better 3pt shooting teams. They will lack 1 on 1...but they could play the old SSOL Suns type basketball.

Honestly a guy like D'Antoni would probably make their offense great....and their D will be great regardless. Alvin Gentry maybe, who employed the same system.

Did Vaughn get extended long term? I wonder if Gentry could be an assistant..not sure where he is now.

Vaughn has one more year on his deal. He's won me over so far but I can't speak for everyone else.

I dunno if we can remain top 5, but we're not going to get rolled like ppl think. A lot of casuals don't know how good defensively this group is and if Mikal and CJ can provide that help with their scoring punch, we will be a tough out.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

The Official Mikal Brooklyn Bridges Thread  

Post#55 » by Paradise » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:59 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Crives wrote:
Read on Twitter

oh ho...

I’m about to call my family and request a trade to Phoenix.
Minnamaker
Sophomore
And1: 100

Post#56 » by Minnamaker » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:07 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:I don’t think Nets fans realize we landed the top prime two wings defensively in the West.

There's so much potential. We could easily become a top 4 defense which would make us an instant playoff team and an unpleasant opponant for anyone. There is the danger of our offense hurting our defense though. We don't have a reliable point guard and/or shot creator. I think we will mightily struggle offensively at times. I would not be surprised if turnovers and long rebounds will let our defense look bad at times. I think we are one reliable allstar away from being a very good team, which is kinda incredible after trading Durant and Irving.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#57 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:18 pm

Minnamaker wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

There's so much potential. We could easily become a top 4 defense which would make us an instant playoff team and an unpleasant opponant for anyone. There is the danger of our offense hurting our defense though. We don't have a reliable point guard and/or shot creator. I think we will mightily struggle offensively at times. I would not be surprised if turnovers and long rebounds will let our defense look bad at times. I think we are one reliable allstar away from being a very good team, which is kinda incredible after trading Durant and Irving.

I think you have the assets to trade for one. But don't underestimate Bridges evolved offense. Cam is solid too. And the Cam you already had. Dinwiddie scored like 38 pts against the Suns recently. You have some pretty good offensive players, but not a great one.

You could probably afford to have a good offensive player who is not great on D, like a LaVine or Beal, though I really don't know how much better that makes you.

I am unsure what position you'd really want to upgrade. Maybe PG, but I'd see what things look like the rest of the season and look at it in the offseason (not that you have a choice at this point).
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#58 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:33 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Crives wrote:Bridges should play the two, especially with all of our forwards

I would start Something like
PG - CamT (let him cook)
SG - Mikal
SF. - Johnson
PF - DFS or Oneale
C - Claxton

I'd prefer that Cam play off ball. Spencer Dinwiddie should start at PG. i really don't know where Ben Simmons fits on this team anymore.

Yes, Dinwiddie, CamT, Mikal, DFS, Claxton...then a bench of CamJ, O'Neale, Curry, Harris, Simmons, etc.

I'd keep Cam Johnson as him and Mikal are best buds and Mikal will be much happier with him there. You could start him as he was starting in Phx but I think the defense would be better with DFS who shoots well. CamJ would probably make the offense better and it better defensively than you would guess. By several advanced measures last year he was the Suns best defender...not that he really was but he was up there. Advanced stats don't always do Bridges justice on the defensive ratings because he guards the superstars who will usually get their points, even if Bridges makes them a lot harder to come by.

After last night I'm leaning towards shifting Bridges next to Dinwiddie in the backcourt, bring Cam T off the bench and let CJ slide in at SF next to DFS at PF. Little Cam needs more structure and discipline right now.

Dinwiddie/Bridges/Johnson/Finney-Smith/Claxton

Length and space, and I have no doubts that Mikal will be a 22+ ppg scorer or better with us in an expanded, featured role.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#59 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:35 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Minnamaker wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I think you have the assets to trade for one. But don't underestimate Bridges evolved offense. Cam is solid too. And the Cam you already had. Dinwiddie scored like 38 pts against the Suns recently. You have some pretty good offensive players, but not a great one.

You could probably afford to have a good offensive player who is not great on D, like a LaVine or Beal, though I really don't know how much better that makes you.

I am unsure what position you'd really want to upgrade. Maybe PG, but I'd see what things look like the rest of the season and look at it in the offseason (not that you have a choice at this point).

I kind of think that we need an All Star level PG.

This will be a fun evaluation period. We're gonna take some lumps but we'll be giving them out as well.

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#60 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:53 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

After last night I'm leaning towards shifting Bridges next to Dinwiddie in the backcourt, bring Cam T off the bench and let CJ slide in at SF next to DFS at PF. Little Cam needs more structure and discipline right now.

Dinwiddie/Bridges/Johnson/Finney-Smith/Claxton

Length and space, and I have no doubts that Mikal will be a 22+ ppg scorer or better with us in an expanded, featured role.

Cam Johnson is definitely a worthy starter. I just thought after Cam Thomas had consecutive 40+ pt games it seems odd not to start im.But that lineup you have would be a great shooting and defensive team, and Mikal and Cam can handle and create shots likely better than you think.

Return to Brooklyn Nets