ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nuggets @ The Clays - Sunday, 03/19/23 | 3:30 PM

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Tha King
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Re: GT: Nuggets @ The Clays - Sunday, 03/19/23 | 3:30 PM 

Post#41 » by Tha King » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:56 pm

Papi_swav wrote:We fought, I didn't think we would beat Denver again. This is going to be a tough week and this will prove whether we deserve to be a playoff team or not.

IDk why you guys are ready to give up on Claxton, look around the league, Jokic and Embiid has their way against every single center no matter who's guarding them, those guys are just elite of the elite. I would throw Sabonis in there too. Claxton is the only one rebounding the ball and he has no help, Cam J is too skinny. What other center would you guys want? claxton is the least of our problems and he's as good of a defender we're going to get at that position.

I think we should try to sign and trade Cam J, he's not a 4 and he's pretty much half the player Bridges is. DFS could go too, I like O'neale better, he does more.

Kinda agree on the CJ S&T...

I know DFS and O'Neale can be inconsistent but I think the three of them are comparable players - CJ provides more offensively while they are much better defensively - so I don't think he's potentially 2-3x better than either which might happen.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#42 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:42 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:Also this games highlight why I said in a previous thread I'm not 100% in on Clax. Yes, he has great upside left and shows flashes of being elite. However, unless he bulks up some more, he just can't guard any real big. He gets cooked by every above average C in the league. The team is already undersize as is. Obviously, don't trade him for trash but I'd def listen for any good offer/use him as a piece to trade for a franchise player.

Unless the team pushes him to play PF (which is his actual position), I just don't see him as a long term C.

I am also not high on him. The NBA is shifting towards positionless basketball, where everyone is able to shoot, dribble, pass and defend. Clax only does one of these things which is why he is bad against real bigs.

Yeah, but getting those guys aren't easy.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,405

Post#43 » by Marvin Martian » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:36 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:Also this games highlight why I said in a previous thread I'm not 100% in on Clax. Yes, he has great upside left and shows flashes of being elite. However, unless he bulks up some more, he just can't guard any real big. He gets cooked by every above average C in the league. The team is already undersize as is. Obviously, don't trade him for trash but I'd def listen for any good offer/use him as a piece to trade for a franchise player.

Unless the team pushes him to play PF (which is his actual position), I just don't see him as a long term C.

I am also not high on him. The NBA is shifting towards positionless basketball, where everyone is able to shoot, dribble, pass and defend. Clax only does one of these things which is why he is bad against real bigs.

Yeah, but getting those guys aren't easy.

Marks tried to get one when he took in Simmons as a rehabilitation project. Unfortunately, that looks like a massive failure.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#44 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:11 am

Tha King wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:We fought, I didn't think we would beat Denver again. This is going to be a tough week and this will prove whether we deserve to be a playoff team or not.

IDk why you guys are ready to give up on Claxton, look around the league, Jokic and Embiid has their way against every single center no matter who's guarding them, those guys are just elite of the elite. I would throw Sabonis in there too. Claxton is the only one rebounding the ball and he has no help, Cam J is too skinny. What other center would you guys want? claxton is the least of our problems and he's as good of a defender we're going to get at that position.

I think we should try to sign and trade Cam J, he's not a 4 and he's pretty much half the player Bridges is. DFS could go too, I like O'neale better, he does more.

Kinda agree on the CJ S&T...

I know DFS and O'Neale can be inconsistent but I think the three of them are comparable players - CJ provides more offensively while they are much better defensively - so I don't think he's potentially 2-3x better than either which might happen.

Its a foregone conclusion that CJ will be getting paid. Forget the value proposition against the other wings we have it will get done since

1) face saving move for the FO - he's part of the haul for Durant and to lose him after getting 30 games out of him would be disastrous on that front, especially it's less than a year since we made arguably one of the worst trades of all time (the Harden one)

2) asset management - assuming it's a reasonable contract a 27 yo 6'8 wing who can shoot 3s is coveted by every single team. He's an asset and you can easily move him anytime you want.

Going off on a tangent this is why I hate we decided to push for the playoffs this season rather than tank with this ragtag squad, we bought CJ the shiny 4th option shooting 45% from 3, and then immediately throw manure over the new car smell by forcing him into a role that he's bound to fail at. So we get a worse pick and tank our players values, brilliant.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 660

Post#45 » by NetsJets » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:47 pm

The Heat are gaining on us. We can’t afford to fall to the play in. Cavs game is huge on Tuesday.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#46 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:40 pm

NetsJets wrote:The Heat are gaining on us. We can’t afford to fall to the play in. Cavs game is huge on Tuesday.

The Nets aren't making the playoffs.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NetsJets
Starter

Post#47 » by NetsJets » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:01 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
NetsJets wrote:The Heat are gaining on us. We can’t afford to fall to the play in. Cavs game is huge on Tuesday.

We’ll see. But I’d rather make the playoffs than hit the lottery.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#48 » by 3pt_chucker » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:03 pm

NetsJets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Why? Just to get swept?
NetsJets
Starter

Post#49 » by NetsJets » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:08 am

3pt_chucker wrote:
NetsJets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Why? Just to get swept?

Anything can happen
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#50 » by Keith Van Horn » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:27 pm

missed this one... short and sweet recap? It's the Nuggets so not a surprise looking at the results.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#51 » by gigantes » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:44 pm

NetsJets wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:
NetsJets wrote:We’ll see. But I’d rather make the playoffs than hit the lottery.

Why? Just to get swept?

Anything can happen

It's also about culture-building and getting a better read on what this group's strengths & weaknesses are.

Despite the (somewhat painful) mixed results so far, there's good talent on this team, and tanking would just be an insult to everyone involved.

Return to Brooklyn Nets