Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: Ben's back is completely f*cked 

Post#41 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:54 pm

"Simmons will begin a rehab program and is expected to make a full recovery."

define full recovery? wasn't he supposed to be recovered from the initial surgery?

Its all hogwash and I wish anything Ben Simmons related is dropped in the don't ask don't tell bag of the Brooklyn franchise. They've consistently mishandled the PR along with being outright deceptive to the fans about it.

It's truly a fools gold/errand here. Believe it when I see it. until then, Ben has no place here in Brooklyn.

No back injury is enough to justify the lack of competitor dog that his mindset and heart would bring, he doesn't want it, he wants money.

If the injury was truly the reason for such a poor shell of himself, play it up next season no excuses. Shut clowns like me up.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#42 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:26 pm

My money says Ben goes under the knife this summer.

Either way, I've said all season long that dude needed to be shut down months ago. He hasn't looked right at all. No burst off the dribble, no explosion at the rim. Take those gifts away from him and he's not going to be very good. He shouldn't have been playing to begin with.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
DaBolden76
Sophomore
And1: 64

Post#43 » by DaBolden76 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:48 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
JoseRizal wrote:How did the FO accepted a Harden trade with an incoming Ben on a bad back?

I'm curious too. How did Ben pass his physical?

Ben’S back injury happened at the Nets. Whilst ramping up to play, Ben hurt his back either running up or down a set of stairs. There is an Australian news article about this.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#44 » by gigantes » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:43 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:"Simmons will begin a rehab program and is expected to make a full recovery."

define full recovery? wasn't he supposed to be recovered from the initial surgery?

No. He had surgery last May, and wasn't expected to fully recover for 12-18mos, although was cleared to play after about 5-6mos.

The point is that Nets fans knew from last May that they had to be patient with Simmons.

How's that working out..?
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,497

Post#45 » by Stone » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:13 am

What a mess this turned out to be. I hope for the best outcome for Ben but I am preparing for not going be good for us.

Are the Nets organization covered by insurance if Ben is unable to play again? I'm not talking about the cap, I think we have to wait until February on that if Ben can't come back. But I recall from many years ago when Jason Williams had that severe leg injury that he was unable to come back from, insurance payed a large part of what was owed to him.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,603

Post#46 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:54 am

Stone wrote:What a mess this turned out to be. I hope for the best outcome for Ben but I am preparing for not going be good for us.

Are the Nets organization covered by insurance if Ben is unable to play again? I'm not talking about the cap, I think we have to wait until February on that if Ben can't come back. But I recall from many years ago when Jason Williams had that severe leg injury that he was unable to come back from, insurance payed a large part of what was owed to him.

Yes. Most contracts are insured for injury. I would imagine Ben's is as well.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,460

Post#47 » by KL78192020 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:34 am

JoseRizal wrote:How did the FO accepted a Harden trade with an incoming Ben on a bad back?

I thought he got injured after the trade while he was ramping up to play
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,458

Post#48 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:15 am

This might be something so cloaked in secrecy that he’s actually out all of next year already.

I’ve never liked his demeanor, dedication, mindset and passion for the game and now you add in all the injuries getting worse and more frequent and here we are.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,954

Post#49 » by XtremeDunkz » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:16 am

KL78192020 wrote:

I thought he got injured after the trade while he was ramping up to play
Ben missed the bubble playoffs with a back injury. Then would miss games here and there with back tightness.

Then when he finally showed up to camp after his holdout to try and get paid he immediately complained of back soreness.

So there was a history there.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#50 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:28 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:This might be something so cloaked in secrecy that he’s actually out all of next year already.

I’ve never liked his demeanor, dedication, mindset and passion for the game and now you add in all the injuries getting worse and more frequent and here we are.

If he has to get surgery again, it's a wrap.

Not sure what options the team has here honestly. This is a colossal disaster.

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#51 » by GTR11 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:18 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:This might be something so cloaked in secrecy that he’s actually out all of next year already.

If he has to get surgery again, it's a wrap.

Not sure what options the team has here honestly. This is a colossal disaster.

Nerve impingement is a direct complication to herniated disc he had. Complete full rehab was needed. He should've sat out entire season to get healthy.

2- people don't need surgery for nerve impingement. It's all about time and rehab. For average person it's 6 week period of time. For Ben and his history that time-line will have to be stretched further. Well, MD will know better with the way rehab will go.

3- Nets org need to save Ben from being stupid here rush his way back. Don't get it twisted, his camp and agents believe he will be getting paid again after this contract will ran out. For that to happen, they need Ben on the court. Probably reason why he switched agencies.

There is no win situation for us or Nets org. The moment Harden called Joe and asked for trade, that's when everything went south. You had two owners negotiating player switch without GM's knowing it. They just worked out formalities later. Look up Brian Lewis reports. Tsai spoke with KD and Harden to get him here, than Harden called Tsai to get him out. Both times Marks was put into position where he had no say ( which is huge issue ).

Tsai did a lot of James Dolan moves that can't be defended. We got bailed out to a degree with KD trade and emerging Nic.

Now can Marks hire a legit coach? I'm talking myself into Kenny was only Marks hire as a HC. Steve Trash is close to Tsai and pretty much Isaiah Thomas to Dolan. Jaque is where I catch myself confused. With Borega out there he was a must hire for us moving forward. Top notch development coach out there along with Kenny and Jenkins.
MaxZaslofskyJr
Rookie
And1: 671
Location: Teaneck, Long Island, Piscataway, Meadowlands, Newark, Brooklyn

Post#52 » by MaxZaslofskyJr » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:42 pm

My only real question through all of this is a hypothetical which may or may not come to pass.
How good do people think this team would be with a 100% healthy Ben Simmons?
Does a line up of Bridges, Claxton, Simmons, Dinwiddie and Cam J have better than average players at every position? If no, which are below average? If yes, does that then imply a decent record & How decent?
Les Selvage pioneered today's "modern basketball" in 1967.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 660

Post#53 » by NetsJets » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:45 pm

The Nets are covering for him imo
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#54 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:14 pm

MaxZaslofskyJr wrote:My only real question through all of this is a hypothetical which may or may not come to pass.
How good do people think this team would be with a 100% healthy Ben Simmons?
Does a line up of Bridges, Claxton, Simmons, Dinwiddie and Cam J have better than average players at every position? If no, which are below average? If yes, does that then imply a decent record & How decent?

If we have Philly Simmons at PG we would be 10000x better.

Simmons/Bridges/O'neale/Johnson/Claxton

that's a much better starting 5 imo.

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#55 » by GTR11 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:30 am

NetsJets wrote:The Nets are covering for him imo

As they should. Right now he considered to be worst contract in NBA. Two, if Marks ain't hypocrite, he should provide all the help Ben need right now. Getting Ben mental health right is priority #1. Rest will come along.
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Post#56 » by Eatgreenz » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:06 pm

This the reason I havent given up on Ben yet. He wants to be here. Every home game his here interacting with his teammates, talking ,clapping, dapping up guys. In the summer with all this kyrie and kd stuff going on who was the one to support our young guys in the summer league with clax and royce it was Ben.
Read on Twitter
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,934

Post#57 » by kuclas » Sun Apr 2, 2023 12:15 pm

As a sixers fan and I gave/believed in Simmons. I always said he never needed a jump shot. Just a baby hook like magic Johnson since he’s 6 10. Something consistent short range outside a dunk/layup. But he never did that.

Now take away his aggressiveness afraid to go to the rim for fear of free throws. Back injury or not. Nothing will change even when back is healed.

We have seen Dwight Howard reinvent himself after back surgery. His 2012-2013 season after back surgery he still averaged 17/12. He wasn’t the same player. But able to
Push through. He wasn’t 100% that season. Lakers struggled with kobe’s final good season before the Achilles tear end of that season.

Larry Johnson reinvented himself after the back surgery. He was still an effective player.

I’m just not sure Simmons will be able to reinvent himself when if he comes back.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Ben's back is completely f*cked 

Post#58 » by Paradise » Sun Apr 2, 2023 2:10 pm

kuclas wrote:As a sixers fan and I gave/believed in Simmons. I always said he never needed a jump shot. Just a baby hook like magic Johnson since he’s 6 10. Something consistent short range outside a dunk/layup. But he never did that.

Now take away his aggressiveness afraid to go to the rim for fear of free throws. Back injury or not. Nothing will change even when back is healed.

We have seen Dwight Howard reinvent himself after back surgery. His 2012-2013 season after back surgery he still averaged 17/12. He wasn’t the same player. But able to
Push through. He wasn’t 100% that season. Lakers struggled with kobe’s final good season before the Achilles tear end of that season.

Larry Johnson reinvented himself after the back surgery. He was still an effective player.

I’m just not sure Simmons will be able to reinvent himself when if he comes back.

He looked like a great fit with KD and Kyrie when he was playing. I hope we can get him at 100% because he literally fits this current team with Bridges, Cam J, DFS and Claxton. We definitely win a few more games if he didn’t get injured and especially the Cleveland losses.

He looked really good with those guys in the two games he did play. I think he will get back to himself but it will take awhile. He’s only 25, so I think he has time to reinvent his game.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 660

Post#59 » by NetsJets » Tue Apr 4, 2023 2:59 pm

I couldn’t agree with KG more.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=q9ZfAf_VfOcaELq9UpCt-A

Return to Brooklyn Nets