Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,406

Re: GT: Hawks v Nets || Friday 3/31/23 || 7:30 PM 

Post#41 » by Marvin Martian » Sat Apr 1, 2023 1:52 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:Are we sure Mikal cant reach a number 1 option on a contending team

I think he can be a 1A/B, but would need a similar tiered scoring option.

I hate to say it, but the other day I was thinking pass first Harden would've been nice with this team

This train left the station long ago

I would prefer old ( Sixers times ) Ben Simmons

PHI Ben Simmons came up small against Trae Young when he had prime Embiid, how can he be expected to do any better with Bridges?
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,603

Post#42 » by TheNetsFan » Sat Apr 1, 2023 1:52 am

6 seed magic number is down to 3.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#43 » by sashaturiaf » Sat Apr 1, 2023 1:54 am

Eatgreenz wrote:Are we sure Mikal cant reach a number 1 option on a contending team

I wouldn't put anything past him. He just keeps improving its astounding
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#44 » by Keith Van Horn » Sat Apr 1, 2023 1:56 am

Great game! Bridges is an animal!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,389

Post#45 » by Papi_swav » Sat Apr 1, 2023 2:00 am

Bridges is that guy ! Is this the Trae Young you guys wanted to trade all of our picks for? lol that kid is dookie FOH I much rather let Marks do his job then to listen to most of you guys here
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,392

Post#46 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat Apr 1, 2023 2:01 am

Marvin Martian wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:I think he can be a 1A/B, but would need a similar tiered scoring option.

I hate to say it, but the other day I was thinking pass first Harden would've been nice with this team

PHI Ben Simmons came up small against Trae Young when he had prime Embiid, how can he be expected to do any better with Bridges?

Hate for Ben is real even here

Idk he might wake up tomorrow and decide he is not afraid to shoot the ball anymore , strangest things happened whats consider human brain

Some of you it’s just like a **** crowd from general board , like to poke the guy who’s clearly down

He got back issues, it’s series and can immobilize even the best athletes in their primes

He’s with the team , rooting hard , he could’ve sit home plying COD like Kyrie /Kd did often , what you want him to do , get on the court and break his back completely so we can file exemption?
Marvin Martian
General Manager

Post#47 » by Marvin Martian » Sat Apr 1, 2023 2:11 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

Idk he might wake up tomorrow and decide he is not afraid to shoot the ball anymore , strangest things happened whats consider human brain

Some of you it’s just like a **** crowd from general board , like to poke the guy who’s clearly down

He got back issues, it’s series and can immobilize even the best athletes in their primes

He’s with the team , rooting hard , he could’ve sit home plying COD like Kyrie /Kd did often , what you want him to do , get on the court and break his back completely so we can file exemption?

He is a multi-millionaire, not a make a wish kid. Stop coddling him. He may have back issues but it hasn't stopped him from cashing those checks.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#48 » by gigantes » Sat Apr 1, 2023 2:13 am

sashaturiaf wrote:

I wouldn't put anything past him. He just keeps improving its astounding

He's built really thin, too.

That fact particularly gobsmacked me when I realised what an *ironman* he's been, going all the way back to HS from what I understand.

I mean... skinny as a rail, I'm kinda used to seeing that from talented PG's and PF's (like Durant), but as a 6'6" wingman, it seems kinda unusual.

Then again, it seems to suit his game, no..?
Marvin Martian
General Manager

Post#49 » by Marvin Martian » Sat Apr 1, 2023 2:17 am

Papi_swav wrote:Bridges is that guy ! Is this the Trae Young you guys wanted to trade all of our picks for? lol that kid is dookie FOH I much rather let Marks do his job then to listen to most of you guys here

I would rather pair Bridges with Trae, than pair him with Simmons
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,046

Post#50 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Apr 1, 2023 2:19 am

I had to miss the 2nd half and we destroyed them. Your welcome Nets fan.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,392

Post#51 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat Apr 1, 2023 2:24 am

Marvin Martian wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:

He is a multi-millionaire, not a make a wish kid. Stop coddling him. He may have back issues but it hasn't stopped him from cashing those checks.

What he supposed to do ?

Transfer them to your personal account? :lol:
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#52 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 1, 2023 2:26 am

Bridges needs to be paired with a good PG, and a stretch 5 to pair with Claxton.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,046

Post#53 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Apr 1, 2023 2:27 am

Honestly I can't even say how nice it is to have guy like Bridges after the last 4 years.

Somebody who shows up and plays every single night. Never causes issues. Is happy to be here. No drama. And just an overall good guy.

Thank God the divas are gone. All 3 of them can go to Hell.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#54 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 1, 2023 2:29 am

He needs help.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Post#55 » by Eatgreenz » Sat Apr 1, 2023 2:36 am

Marvin Martian wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:I think he can be a 1A/B, but would need a similar tiered scoring option.

This is a group he can bond with give me bridges leadership over embiid. Ben wants to be here. His around group of guys that will support him not throw him under the bus.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,389

Post#56 » by Papi_swav » Sat Apr 1, 2023 2:45 am

Marvin Martian wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Bridges is that guy ! Is this the Trae Young you guys wanted to trade all of our picks for? lol that kid is dookie FOH I much rather let Marks do his job then to listen to most of you guys here

I would rather pair Bridges with Trae, than pair him with Simmons

yea but we don't have that option . So both of them can stay far away from here
Marvin Martian
General Manager

Post#57 » by Marvin Martian » Sat Apr 1, 2023 3:01 am

Eatgreenz wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

This is a group he can bond with give me bridges leadership over embiid. Ben wants to be here. His around group of guys that will support him not throw him under the bus.

PHI has supported him for years and Ben didn't return the favor. He got the max deal, he got the perfect teammates to win a ring, and he didn't deliver when it mattered most.

Ben wanting to be here is not a good thing. It is a sign that we still are not holding players accountable. Ben is supposed to be a star, not a cheerleader
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#58 » by GTR11 » Sat Apr 1, 2023 3:52 am

Marvin Martian wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:

PHI has supported him for years and Ben didn't return the favor. He got the max deal, he got the perfect teammates to win a ring, and he didn't deliver when it mattered most.

Ben wanting to be here is not a good thing. It is a sign that we still are not holding players accountable. Ben is supposed to be a star, not a cheerleader

Spoken like a true Philthy fan :lol:

They were one unlucky bounce away from winning a chip.

I can live with Craptors winning chip though. They always be that fat joint no one will ask for a date.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#59 » by GTR11 » Sat Apr 1, 2023 4:00 am

DVR is a thing of beauty.

Like I've been saying. Bridges showing all signs of Khris ( some of you need to look up that guy ), can he prove me wrong and show Joe Juses level talent? I will never forget when Joe was giving it to LBJ led heat.

If Bridges is Joe Juses level type player... than we healthy Ben away from being legit contender. Of course we going to need legit coach along to begin any conversation.
Marvin Martian
General Manager

Post#60 » by Marvin Martian » Sat Apr 1, 2023 4:48 am

GTR11 wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:This is a group he can bond with give me bridges leadership over embiid. Ben wants to be here. His around group of guys that will support him not throw him under the bus.

Spoken like a true Philthy fan :lol:

They were one unlucky bounce away from winning a chip.

I can live with Craptors winning chip though. They always be that fat joint no one will ask for a date.

PHI fans are doing cartwheels right now. They managed to dump the worst contract in the NBA for James Harden. Easily one of the worse trades in recent memory.

And no they were not an unlucky bounce from winning a ring. They were an unlucky bounce from winning the conference semifinals.

Return to Brooklyn Nets