ImageImageImageImageImage

4/7 - Magic at Nets

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

NetsJets
Starter
And1: 660

Re: 4/7 - Magic at Nets 

Post#41 » by NetsJets » Sat Apr 8, 2023 3:23 am

Smh at wanting to miss the playoffs. That’s loser talk. Anyway, I’m proud of the fight this group showed since the trades happened, we have a good group of guys we just need a go too scorer and an upgrade at PG. As for this game, it’s the same constant we’ve seen, the dreaded cold streaks which allows our opponents to get back into games, the constant reliance on the 3 ball. But I get it, with no real superstar this is how they have to play to an extent. I think we will win one of the games in Philly…
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Post#42 » by Eatgreenz » Sat Apr 8, 2023 7:54 am

NetsJets wrote:Smh at wanting to miss the playoffs. That’s loser talk. Anyway, I’m proud of the fight this group showed since the trades happened, we have a good group of guys we just need a go too scorer and an upgrade at PG. As for this game, it’s the same constant we’ve seen, the dreaded cold streaks which allows our opponents to get back into games, the constant reliance on the 3 ball. But I get it, with no real superstar this is how they have to play to an extent. I think we will win one of the games in Philly…

Exactly you dont entice stars with losing records and hitting the lottery every season. Show them your a player or 2 away from competing, and culture who wants to win. Thats the reason we got kai n kd, we were scrappy team winning games that just needed stars to take us to another level.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,389

Post#43 » by Papi_swav » Sat Apr 8, 2023 8:25 am

Yay so we're in the playoffs ! At 45 wins we're better than last year record and position, the future is bright. Bridges shot has been off the past games, I hope it isn't like that in the playoffs. Dinwiddie is breaking records with all those assists. So we play Philly in the first round, should be a fun series. Go Nets !!!
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#44 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 8, 2023 11:59 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:We definitely getting that early time slot lmao

:lol: NBA TV at like 12pm

You’re generous, maybe only on MY9

YES was quick to toss us on there as soon as MLB started. Ratings must be in the tank now.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#45 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 8, 2023 12:11 pm

NetsJets wrote:Smh at wanting to miss the playoffs. That’s loser talk. Anyway, I’m proud of the fight this group showed since the trades happened, we have a good group of guys we just need a go too scorer and an upgrade at PG. As for this game, it’s the same constant we’ve seen, the dreaded cold streaks which allows our opponents to get back into games, the constant reliance on the 3 ball. But I get it, with no real superstar this is how they have to play to an extent. I think we will win one of the games in Philly…

People are jaded, dude...you can't expect a lot of enthusiasm. We went from championship contender to hoping we can sneak one game from the Sixers in a gentleman's sweep :lol:

This isn't a knock on the team...these guys play hard. But I'm under no illusions about what's coming next, we're basically jobbers about to get squashed.

Within 10 days time, people are gonna go from hoping we can steal a game to hating everyone on the team and wanting Vaughn's head on a pike for not being able to coach a team with nothing but roleplayers to victory against arguably the best player in the league right now on a loaded squad.

All we can do is laugh about it really and hope that Marks can find a way to retool this roster but I'm not getting my hopes up. No stars are coming here in free agency and Ben Simmons' contract has crippped us. I would have rather missed the playoffs and rolled the dice in the lottery hoping we can draft a difference maker. Mikal Bridges is a good guy, good player but he's fallen back to earth now and Cam Johnson just isn't worth what he'll be asking for in free agency. This team is not in a good position at all in my opinion.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

4/7 - Magic at Nets 

Post#46 » by Paradise » Sat Apr 8, 2023 12:31 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

People are jaded, dude...you can't expect a lot of enthusiasm. We went from championship contender to hoping we can sneak one game from the Sixers in a gentleman's sweep :lol:

This isn't a knock on the team...these guys play hard. But I'm under no illusions about what's coming next, we're basically jobbers about to get squashed.

Within 10 days time, people are gonna go from hoping we can steal a game to hating everyone on the team and wanting Vaughn's head on a pike for not being able to coach a team with nothing but roleplayers to victory against arguably the best player in the league right now on a loaded squad.

All we can do is laugh about it really and hope that Marks can find a way to retool this roster but I'm not getting my hopes up. No stars are coming here in free agency and Ben Simmons' contract has crippped us. I would have rather missed the playoffs and rolled the dice in the lottery hoping we can draft a difference maker. Mikal Bridges is a good guy, good player but he's fallen back to earth now and Cam Johnson just isn't worth what he'll be asking for in free agency. This team is not in a good position at all in my opinion.

Oh, stop. This board was jaded, whining and complaining when we had a championship contender with KD, Kyrie. Barely cared during a 12 game win streak lol Nets fans here love to be miserable. There’s never been a single playoff run here celebrated including 2018-19 D’Lo squad.

Clax, Bridges, Cam J, Sharpe, DFS, Royce all get a shot at building chemistry during a playoff run together while we sit back and collect two solid picks from Phoenix and our own. We will either flip them for assets after showing they are a missing piece for a team or we will build on this for a free agent or bigger trade during the summer. Win-Win.

Unless, we were landing some Top 5-10 pick, there is no excuse to be whining over making the playoffs in any capacity. Especially with a better record than last season. Does Dallas look happy to be a lotto team after dealing their guys for Kyrie? No.

The entire basketball community is laughing at Dallas and Phoenix for having a worse record than us. Only Nets fans find things to be ashamed about constantly to mask their insecurity of being a Nets fan.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#47 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 8, 2023 1:15 pm

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Oh, stop. This board was jaded, whining and complaining when we had a championship contender with KD, Kyrie. Barely cared during a 12 game win streak lol Nets fans here love to be miserable. There’s never been a single playoff run here celebrated including 2018-19 D’Lo squad.

Clax, Bridges, Cam J, Sharpe, DFS, Royce all get a shot at building chemistry during a playoff run together while we sit back and collect two solid picks from Phoenix and our own. We will either flip them for assets after showing they are a missing piece for a team or we will build on this for a free agent or bigger trade during the summer. Win-Win.

Unless, we were landing some Top 5-10 pick, there is no excuse to be whining over making the playoffs in any capacity. Especially with a better record than last season. Does Dallas look happy to be a lotto team after dealing their guys for Kyrie? No.

The entire basketball community is laughing at Dallas and Phoenix for having a worse record than us. Only Nets fans find things to be ashamed about constantly to mask their insecurity of being a Nets fan.

It's not that deep man, no matter how you spin it, this is a complete sh*t show and fans are tired of it. This is a capped strapped team with no stars that doesn't control its own picks. The Phoenix/Dallas picks I believe are going to yield results, but that's in the future. Right now? What's there to be excited about? A team full of roleplayers and no stars cruising to a humiliating sweep at the hands of our division rival? The same rivals who are laughing at us because Marks and Tsai got railroaded by Harden and Morey for Ben Simmons' broken down bum ass. If you're excited, that's great, but don't get upset because myself and others don't share your enthusiasm.

I mean, we don't need to do a full recap of this season but you can't expect people to go through all of this crap and still be enthusiastic about any of this. It's all bullsh*t.

This board in particular saw a huge drop in participation and interest when Kyrie once again derailed the season like a month in and it never recovered, even when the team went on a hot streak before KD got hurt for the 100th time and Kyrie decided to burn the place down for good.

Hell, people don't even make game threads anymore until like the game is underway, if that. It's never been this bad, even going back to the days of 12-70/Deron Williams/DLo and the boys. Kyrie, KD, Marks, and Tsai have done irreparable damage. Seems like folks have had enough.

NetsJets
Starter
And1: 660

Post#48 » by NetsJets » Sat Apr 8, 2023 2:01 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

I mean that’s one thing, and I can understand if they were in position to draft the French kid, but they’re not. So might as well go win games and once you’re in you never know what happens. I don’t expect to beat Philly by the way, but we’ll be competitive against them.
Paradise

Post#49 » by Paradise » Sat Apr 8, 2023 2:27 pm

NetsJets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I mean that’s one thing, and I can understand if they were in position to draft the French kid, but they’re not. So might as well go win games and once you’re in you never know what happens. I don’t expect to beat Philly by the way, but we’ll be competitive against them.

Exactly.

Continuing on the 5 year playoff streak and winning culture is far more important.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#50 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 8, 2023 2:29 pm

NetsJets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Wemby is a generational talent, but we're going to need high talent on cheap contracts because of our cap situation. I would have preferred a higher draft position instead of a 1st round sweep.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#51 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 8, 2023 2:36 pm

Paradise wrote:
NetsJets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Exactly.

Continuing on the 5 year playoff streak and winning culture is far more important.

No it isn't :lol: @ winning culture. Enough. No one is buying that bullsh*t anymore after we had three stars come and go. What kind of culture do we have?

We need talent dude. No one cares that the Nets have made the playoffs in 5 straight years after the chaos and dysfunction that happened in 4 of those years.

5 playoff appearances, and one series win against an injured Celtics team. Big whoop. We need to rebuild.

If you told me we could have a top 15 pick and a way to get Simmons off the books over a meaningless playoff beating versus the Sixers, I'll gladly take the former.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#52 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 8, 2023 2:42 pm

A week from now you same guys are going to be upset when reality sets in about how vastly inferior we are to a real NBA team that has stars and talent. You'll be calling for Vaughn to be fired, and bad mouthing the players, especially Spencer, DFS, and Cam Johnson. Mark my words.

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#53 » by MGrand15 » Sat Apr 8, 2023 3:02 pm

I would've preferred to miss the playoffs if we were in the play-in and kind of backed in but the guys earned it with the big wins over Miami and Atlanta. Not mad at it at all.

Whether we compete or just get smoked, it'll be a good series for Bridges and Claxton to really see how they need to improve.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#54 » by MGrand15 » Sat Apr 8, 2023 3:06 pm

Also how bout Kyrie missing the playoffs completely while playing next to a top 5 player? :lol:

Clown
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#55 » by sashaturiaf » Sat Apr 8, 2023 3:09 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:
NetsJets wrote:I mean that’s one thing, and I can understand if they were in position to draft the French kid, but they’re not. So might as well go win games and once you’re in you never know what happens. I don’t expect to beat Philly by the way, but we’ll be competitive against them.

Exactly.

No it isn't :lol: @ winning culture. Enough. No one is buying that bullsh*t anymore after we had three stars come and go. What kind of culture do we have?

We need talent dude. No one cares that the Nets have made the playoffs in 5 straight years after the chaos and dysfunction that happened in 4 of those years.

5 playoff appearances, and one series win against an injured Celtics team. Big whoop. We need to rebuild.

If you told me we could have a top 15 pick and a way to get Simmons off the books over a meaningless playoff beating versus the Sixers, I'll gladly take the former.

That's real talk.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,046

Post#56 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Apr 8, 2023 4:29 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
NetsJets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Wemby is a generational talent, but we're going to need high talent on cheap contracts because of our cap situation. I would have preferred a higher draft position instead of a 1st round sweep.

We can't even get Wemby because Houston has our pick. Its not worth it for home low end lottery talent.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,046

Post#57 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Apr 8, 2023 4:30 pm

At this point I'm just rooting against Dallas/Phx/Philly.

I don't really care who wins. I just don't want to see those **** win anything.
Paradise

4/7 - Magic at Nets 

Post#58 » by Paradise » Sat Apr 8, 2023 4:55 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
NetsJets wrote:I mean that’s one thing, and I can understand if they were in position to draft the French kid, but they’re not. So might as well go win games and once you’re in you never know what happens. I don’t expect to beat Philly by the way, but we’ll be competitive against them.

We can't even get Wemby because Houston has our pick. Its not worth it for home low end lottery talent.

We own our pick this season. We weren’t getting him anyways.
Paradise

4/7 - Magic at Nets 

Post#59 » by Paradise » Sat Apr 8, 2023 5:01 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:

Exactly.

You can’t flip the narrative to fit misery. We all know it was Kyrie. The three stars come and go angle is nonsense. You keep switching narratives to complain. The fact we are creating new ones is an example of winning culture. Plugging in new guys on the fly and ending up with better records than Phoenix and Dallas will attract free agent talent and continue to make agents want their prospects to develop here.

You were the first one crying about no stars ever coming here prior to 2019 during the first rebuild. You were crying about drafting LeVert due to his injuries and PTSD over Lopez. I think that perspective should be taken as a grain of salt because your track record on these things don’t tend to work out.

If we sucked and went on a 25 game losing streak into the lottery instead of being within 5th or 6th, you’d say we are a laughing stock.

Winning and rebuilding can be done simultaneously with the right staff. Ask Toronto.
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Post#60 » by Eatgreenz » Sat Apr 8, 2023 5:09 pm

Maybe I missed something when did the sixers become a combo of the 96 bulls and 01 lakers. This juggernaut that cant be defeated. With james harden who has the killer will of jordan and kobe.

Return to Brooklyn Nets