ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets vs Sixers Playoffs 1st Rd (Game 4, season finale)

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Re: Nets vs Sixers Playoffs 1st Rd (Game 4, season finale) 

Post#41 » by sashaturiaf » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:00 pm

Got a bad feeling about this.

A 4 point lead over us is more like an 8 point lead. And I don't trust our late game execution at all
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 660

Post#42 » by NetsJets » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:05 pm

Reed is out hustling everybody
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 660

Post#43 » by NetsJets » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:07 pm

It’s been real fellas. It’s offseason time…
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#44 » by sashaturiaf » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:08 pm

We are a joke.

This playoff run did nothing for us. It's just exposed everyones flaws and lowered their values.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#45 » by 3pt_chucker » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:14 pm

This coach has never won 1 playoff game and has an abysmal non-KD record. If you want to make money just fade the Nets with JV at the helm. I promise you'll make a large profit.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,969

Post#46 » by Rich Rane » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:23 pm

Finally. Time to break out the video games.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,392

Post#47 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:24 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Not a single game of even decent 3 point shooting.

As much as I dislike Vaughn this shooting is unforgivable. Our supposed good shooters miss **** everything. Chokers.

Can’t believe it you still Vaughn apologist

Vaughn and Marks is garbage , they put this team in a position they in
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:26 pm

Never thought I gonna say this , but next round I’ll root for Celtics hard
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#49 » by sashaturiaf » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:28 pm

Well that's a wrap guys. Depressing loss that was a fitting end for the season we all just had to endure.

Give yourself a pat on the back and treat yourself to a few good drinks for making it to the end, absolutely nobody wanted to be here by this point, not the players, not JV, and I don't think I've ever heard Eagle and Kustok call a less enthusiastic game.
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,405

Post#50 » by Marvin Martian » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:31 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

As much as I dislike Vaughn this shooting is unforgivable. Our supposed good shooters miss **** everything. Chokers.

What exactly did Vaughn do to put the team in this position? It is not his fault that this team of "3 and D" guys can't shoot. It's not his fault that Ky and KD wanted out in the middle of the season. He was dealt a bad hand; anyone expecting better results is delusional.
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#51 » by sashaturiaf » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:34 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

What exactly did Vaughn do to put the team in this position? It is not his fault that this team of "3 and D" guys can't shoot. It's not his fault that Ky and KD wanted out in the middle of the season. He was dealt a bad hand; anyone expecting better results is delusional.

It's Marks and Tsai for sure. How you go from scary hours to this in 1 year is a historic evel case study in mismanagement.

We didn't have the players to be anything more than a tanking team, the decision to try and win this season after the trades was just more mismanagement.

We know Tsai can't go but heads have to roll. Marks thanks for the memories but I its time to go.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:34 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:Well that's a wrap guys. Depressing loss that was a fitting end for the season we all just had to endure.

Give yourself a pat on the back for making it to the end, absolutely nobody wanted to be here by this point, not the players, not JV, and I don't think I've ever heard Eagle and Kustok call a less enthusiastic game.

I actually feel bad for Kustok and Eagle , they’re only all stars this team have at the moment

Looking for big changes in off-season, they should start with Marks , Vaughn , Kokoskov and all coaching staff

Maybe if they hire normal GM and Coach ,they can make changes

For me Mikal , Cam J and Claxton is the only keepers , all others can GTFO

Have a nice summer you all
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#53 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:36 pm

A merciful ending to one of the worst seasons I've ever experienced. I've been a fan since i was a kid starting in 1992, and never have I felt as bad about this franchise as I did this season and last.

This team had no business being in the playoffs. I would have taken our chances in the lottery to add talent, because outside of Claxton, Bridges, and Johnson we have none. I hope the folks here who snapped my head off are satisfied. We got humiliated and it is clear without Kevin Durant gifting this team a cushion, we wouldn't have even made the playoffs.

It's hard to be optimistic. We have 3 good players, none of them all stars. We are capped out and who knows what will happen with Ben. We can't even tank next season because Houston has our pick. Vaughn will be back, which leaves a lot to be desired.

The bright side...we've got assets to make moves. But frankly, I don't trust Marks. So, we'll see what happens, but i have no hopes or expectations with this franchise anymore. Those days are dead and gone.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#54 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:38 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

It's Marks and Tsai for sure. How you go from scary hours to this in 1 year is a historic evel case study in mismanagement.

We didn't have the players to be anything more than a tanking team, the decision to try and win this season after the trades was just more mismanagement.

We know Tsai can't go but heads have to roll. Marks thanks for the memories but I its time to go.

I'm not sure how Vaughn is catching strays here. This is a no win situation. The fact that we managed to limp into the playoffs with an 11-13 record says to me Vaughn did the best that he could with this trash roster.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#55 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:41 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:Well that's a wrap guys. Depressing loss that was a fitting end for the season we all just had to endure.

Give yourself a pat on the back and treat yourself to a few good drinks for making it to the end, absolutely nobody wanted to be here by this point, not the players, not JV, and I don't think I've ever heard Eagle and Kustok call a less enthusiastic game.

It wouldn't shock me if both Sarah and Ian head to greener pastures. Kustok is really building a name for herself in sports media and Ian is going to be Jim Nance's successor for CBS Sports' NCAA coverage. This is not a desirable job.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#56 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:42 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Finally. Time to break out the video games.

What have you been playing lately??

3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#57 » by 3pt_chucker » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:42 pm

Saying this roster is trash is a huge exaggeration. Lots of talent on the roster. They are just not put in a situation to succeed.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#58 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:43 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:This coach has never won 1 playoff game and has an abysmal non-KD record. If you want to make money just fade the Nets with JV at the helm. I promise you'll make a large profit.

Vaughn isn't great but i watched guys brick wide open attempt after wide open attempt. Blame can be spread equally

The roster make up is trash and we have no stars.

sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#59 » by sashaturiaf » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:43 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:A merciful ending to one of the worst seasons I've ever experienced. I've been a fan since i was a kid starting in 1992, and never have I felt as bad about this franchise as I did this season and last.

This team had no business being in the playoffs. I would have taken our chances in the lottery to add talent, because outside of Claxton, Bridges, and Johnson we have none. I hope the folks here who snapped my head off are satisfied. We got humiliated and it is clear without Kevin Durant gifting this team a cushion, we wouldn't have even made the playoffs.

It's hard to be optimistic. We have 3 good players, none of them all stars. We are capped out and who knows what will happen with Ben. We can't even tank next season because Houston has our pick. Vaughn will be back, which leaves a lot to be desired.

The bright side...we've got assets to make moves. But frankly, I don't trust Marks. So, we'll see what happens, but i have no hopes or expectations with this franchise anymore. Those days are dead and gone.

Heartbreaking read. You're a true fan dollarbills and repped the Nets with pride on this site.

If Marks is still here come the start of free agency I'm done with this team. Some accountability is needed for the comedy of errors that we've witnessed over the past 2 years.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#60 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:46 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:Saying this roster is trash is a huge exaggeration. Lots of talent on the roster. They are just not put in a situation to succeed.

They were missing wide open looks. This is not a good roster. No real PG, all role players, and not enough size, which has been a constant issue under Sean Marks who doesn't believe in rebounding.

The real scapegoat is the stinking owner and the idiot GM.

Return to Brooklyn Nets