Post#42 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:01 am

Papi_swav wrote:lol man we just can't squeeze 1 win out

We are Detroit in Atlantic Division
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,388

Re: GT: Wolves @ Nets 1/25 7:30 PM EST 

Post#43 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:04 am

My YES network subscription ends tomorrow, I don’t think I gonna extend, my heart can’t take it anymore
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,079

Post#44 » by Netaman » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:04 am

when defenses overplay bridges like that he's just not good enough - which isnt his fault, it's just reality. he isn't a guard or a late game ballhandler like that against good defenses.

cam t is limited by the fact that he is an offense only player who cant generate any easy offense.

dinwiddie is for some reason a shell of himself unable to do anything helpful. maybe he wanted to extend here but knows hes getting dealt? whatever it is they desperately need a lead ball handler in crunch time.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,933

Post#45 » by Karate Diop » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:04 am

For the love of God please make a trade Marks...
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,388

Post#46 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:08 am

Karate Diop wrote:For the love of God please make a trade Marks...

I want Marks gone too, he is the part of the problem and while we at it let Tsai sell the team , he is useless owner
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,456

Post#47 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:12 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

I want Marks gone too, he is the part of the problem and while we at it let Tsai sell the team , he is useless owner

What is Marks supposed to do, force Memphis to trade us Ja?
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Dangun
Pro Prospect
And1: 265

Post#48 » by Dangun » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:14 am

Simmons might make a comeback next week.. gonna be funny if he's the missing piece to get the W's rolling.. once dude is fully ready to go get thomas back in starting line up.. this new line up basically killed the team
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,933

Post#49 » by Karate Diop » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:20 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

There's probably nothing that can be done to salvage this season, and the Nets always projected as a .500 team this year at best... But this is just painful, there's minimal organization, so much duplication on the roster, and at least 1 starter who doesn't want to be here or has something personal going on that's sucked his will to play...

I just want to see a step made for the future, or something done to correct the repetitive issues that plague this team in close games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#50 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:21 am

I missed this one, but was boxscore watching, I’m guessing Vaughn essentially isolated Bridges into a triple team? Probably had Cam T on the bench or inbounding the ball?
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#51 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:22 am

Karate Diop wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

There's probably nothing that can be done to salvage this season, and the Nets always projected as a .500 team this year at best... But this is just painful, there's minimal organization, so much duplication on the roster, and at least 1 starter who doesn't want to be here or has something personal going on that's sucked his will to play...

I just want to see a step made for the future, or something fine to correct the repetitive issues that plague this team in close games.

Still a couple weeks till the deadline lol.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 660

Post#52 » by NetsJets » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:32 am

This team needs a go to scorer badly.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,042

Post#53 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:21 am

Making a trade for Murray at this point just doesn't make sense.

If I'm the Nets I trade DFS, O'Neal and possibly Claxton. Write the season off. Rockets can have our lottery pick.

No point in firing Vaughn yet. And try to trade for a Superstar in the off season.

Its the only path forward.

Prioritize development of Cam and other young players too. Were not going to make the playoffs.
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 995

Post#54 » by Decipher » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:43 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Making a trade for Murray at this point just doesn't make sense.

If I'm the Nets I trade DFS, O'Neal and possibly Claxton. Write the season off. Rockets can have our lottery pick.

No point in firing Vaughn yet. And try to trade for a Superstar in the off season.

Prioritize development of Cam and other young players too. Were not going to make the playoffs.

The season is already a write off

Literally the only potential positive is if Simmons somehow stays healthy for the remainder of the season as his trade value will go from nonexistent to a definite maybe
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,602

Post#55 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:41 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Making a trade for Murray at this point just doesn't make sense.

I don't think we can or should trade both DFS and Royce.

I like Johnson, but he just doesn't fit well as a PF between Bridges and Claxton. That front line is too skinny. As a SF next to Bridges, there's not enough ball handling/shot creation. It worked in PHX with a big, physical C (Ayton) and 2 great ball handlers (Book+CP3). We need a physical PF to at least split time with Johnson.

I'd love to move Johnson if the opportunity arises. He's just an awkward fit here.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#56 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:01 pm

So wait, Bridges missed 2 free throws in the final seconds that would have tied the game?
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,079

Post#57 » by Netaman » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:11 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:So wait, Bridges missed 2 free throws in the final seconds that would have tied the game?

i think he missed the 2nd on purpose because they needed both to tie, but i stopped watching after the first miss.

that was after a few empty possessions where cam t took a fade away deep shot that didn't go in and dinwiddie got to the basket but kicked out to someone who missed instead of going up for a layup.

they were only still in it because minnesota bailed them out twice and put them on the foul line. bridges hit 1 tough fadeaway going to hoop actually. felt bad for him because he was doing his best to try to create plays but the defense was keyed on him and he has no help.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,602

Post#58 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:59 pm

Netaman wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:So wait, Bridges missed 2 free throws in the final seconds that would have tied the game?

i think he missed the 2nd on purpose because they needed both to tie, but i stopped watching after the first miss.

that was after a few empty possessions where cam t took a fade away deep shot that didn't go in and dinwiddie got to the basket but kicked out to someone who missed instead of going up for a layup.

they were only still in it because minnesota bailed them out twice and put them on the foul line. bridges hit 1 tough fadeaway going to hoop actually. felt bad for him because he was doing his best to try to create plays but the defense was keyed on him and he has no help.

Yes, he missed the 2nd on purpose. It was a pretty perfect miss that went right to Cam Thomas. Of course after getting burned by Mitchell not getting called for a lane violation last year when he intentionally missed a FT, Bridges got called for one (definite, though not nearly as blatant as Mitchell's). So it all balances out for Nets fans.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#59 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:06 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
Netaman wrote:

Yes, he missed the 2nd on purpose. It was a pretty perfect miss that went right to Cam Thomas. Of course after getting burned by Mitchell not getting called for a lane violation last year when he intentionally missed a FT, Bridges got called for one (definite, though not nearly as blatant as Mitchell's). So it all balances out for Nets fans.

:falloff:
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,042

Post#60 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:46 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:

I don't think we can or should trade both DFS and Royce.

I like Johnson, but he just doesn't fit well as a PF between Bridges and Claxton. That front line is too skinny. As a SF next to Bridges, there's not enough ball handling/shot creation. It worked in PHX with a big, physical C (Ayton) and 2 great ball handlers (Book+CP3). We need a physical PF to at least split time with Johnson.

I'd love to move Johnson if the opportunity arises. He's just an awkward fit here.

Hes still a good player and I don't see us getting much value back because of his huge contract.

Return to Brooklyn Nets