bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,753

Re: Welcome Mikal Bridges 

Post#61 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:55 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Minnamaker wrote:There's so much potential. We could easily become a top 4 defense which would make us an instant playoff team and an unpleasant opponant for anyone. There is the danger of our offense hurting our defense though. We don't have a reliable point guard and/or shot creator. I think we will mightily struggle offensively at times. I would not be surprised if turnovers and long rebounds will let our defense look bad at times. I think we are one reliable allstar away from being a very good team, which is kinda incredible after trading Durant and Irving.

I think you have the assets to trade for one. But don't underestimate Bridges evolved offense. Cam is solid too. And the Cam you already had. Dinwiddie scored like 38 pts against the Suns recently. You have some pretty good offensive players, but not a great one.

You could probably afford to have a good offensive player who is not great on D, like a LaVine or Beal, though I really don't know how much better that makes you.

I am unsure what position you'd really want to upgrade. Maybe PG, but I'd see what things look like the rest of the season and look at it in the offseason (not that you have a choice at this point).

I kind of think that we need an All Star level PG.

This will be a fun evaluation period. We're gonna take some lumps but we'll be giving them out as well.

Yeah, I thought of one of the Hawks ones or Lillard but I seriously doubt either gets moved.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,031

Post#62 » by NetsWorld » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:58 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
I think you have the assets to trade for one. But don't underestimate Bridges evolved offense. Cam is solid too. And the Cam you already had. Dinwiddie scored like 38 pts against the Suns recently. You have some pretty good offensive players, but not a great one.

You could probably afford to have a good offensive player who is not great on D, like a LaVine or Beal, though I really don't know how much better that makes you.

I am unsure what position you'd really want to upgrade. Maybe PG, but I'd see what things look like the rest of the season and look at it in the offseason (not that you have a choice at this point).

I kind of think that we need an All Star level PG.

This will be a fun evaluation period. We're gonna take some lumps but we'll be giving them out as well.

Yeah, I thought of one of the Hawks ones or Lillard but I seriously doubt either gets moved.

Don't think Young works; I would rather wait out and see if perhaps Doncic or Brown become available in the next year or so. This will also depend on the level of play of the team and Bridges/Johnson growth. We could be well positioned to land Brown AND Tatum in the next two or three years.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Re: The Official Mikal Brooklyn Bridges Thread 

Post#63 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:17 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Someone offered 4 1sts for this guy. That's all i need to know.

I just saw this too.

Slap me please, get me out of the KD loss funk.

I need to start my youtube/highlights research now
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#64 » by Paradise » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:02 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Someone offered 4 1sts for this guy. That's all i need to know.

I just saw this too.

Slap me please, get me out of the KD loss funk.

I need to start my youtube/highlights research now

His final game as a Phoenix Sun...ironically.

Mikal basically helped keep the Suns afloat with Booker, Cam Johnson and others in and out of the lineup. He was averaging 20+ with high level efficiency before the trade. We got him while he was hot.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#65 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:59 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Yes, Dinwiddie, CamT, Mikal, DFS, Claxton...then a bench of CamJ, O'Neale, Curry, Harris, Simmons, etc.

So many other solid players too.

Ultimately consolidate them for a better player...teams really want 3D wings.

I'd keep Cam Johnson as him and Mikal are best buds and Mikal will be much happier with him there. You could start him as he was starting in Phx but I think the defense would be better with DFS who shoots well. CamJ would probably make the offense better and it better defensively than you would guess. By several advanced measures last year he was the Suns best defender...not that he really was but he was up there. Advanced stats don't always do Bridges justice on the defensive ratings because he guards the superstars who will usually get their points, even if Bridges makes them a lot harder to come by.

After last night I'm leaning towards shifting Bridges next to Dinwiddie in the backcourt, bring Cam T off the bench and let CJ slide in at SF next to DFS at PF. Little Cam needs more structure and discipline right now.

Dinwiddie/Bridges/Johnson/Finney-Smith/Claxton

Length and space, and I have no doubts that Mikal will be a 22+ ppg scorer or better with us in an expanded, featured role.

Cam Johnson is definitely a worthy starter. I just thought after Cam Thomas had consecutive 40+ pt games it seems odd not to start im.But that lineup you have would be a great shooting and defensive team, and Mikal and Cam can handle and create shots likely better than you think.

Yeah, ideally you'd think that Cam Thomas would have locked up the starting SG spot, but he kind of went off the rails with his shot selection last night (Vaughn was visibly pissed), so i'm thinking that the 120+ pts in three games has gone to his head and he'll need to be reeled in some. The kid is super talented but still 21, and you know at that age discipline and focus need to be constantly worked on.

Looking at the tape of CJ, I can't believe you guys traded him to us i think his ungodly efficiency from downtown and defensive chops might bring a better balance to the starting unit than Cam T starting. Dinwiddie and Bridges might work better in the backcourt, and that puts us at a size advantage defensively as well.

I can't wait to have Johnson and Yuta Watanabe on the floor on the same time spacing the offense. That's going to be sickening :lol:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#66 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:05 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

After last night I'm leaning towards shifting Bridges next to Dinwiddie in the backcourt, bring Cam T off the bench and let CJ slide in at SF next to DFS at PF. Little Cam needs more structure and discipline right now.

Length and space, and I have no doubts that Mikal will be a 22+ ppg scorer or better with us in an expanded, featured role.

Cam Johnson is definitely a worthy starter. I just thought after Cam Thomas had consecutive 40+ pt games it seems odd not to start im.But that lineup you have would be a great shooting and defensive team, and Mikal and Cam can handle and create shots likely better than you think.

Yeah, ideally you'd think that Cam Thomas would have locked up the starting SG spot, but he kind of went off the rails with his shot selection last night (Vaughn was visibly pissed), so i'm thinking that the 120+ pts in three games has gone to his head and he'll need to be reeled in some. The kid is super talented but still 21, and you know at that age discipline and focus need to be constantly worked on.

Looking at the tape of CJ, I can't believe you guys traded him to us i think his ungodly efficiency from downtown and defensive chops might bring a better balance to the starting unit than Cam T starting. Dinwiddie and Bridges might work better in the backcourt, and that puts us at a size advantage defensively as well.

I can't wait to have Johnson and Yuta Watanabe on the floor on the same time spacing the offense. That's going to be sickening :lol:

Would be nice to see Cam in the 3 pt contest and Bridges in the skills challenge or something.

Another thing Bridges is awesome at is the fastbreak. His arms are so long. You will see him reach out and dunk from a spot you didn't think was possible. Often made me think or comment about him being stretch armstrong.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#67 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:08 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Would be nice to see Cam in the 3 pt contest and Bridges in the skills challenge or something.

Another thing Bridges is awesome at is the fastbreak. His arms are so long. You will see him reach out and dunk from a spot you didn't think was possible. Often made me think or comment about him being stretch armstrong.

Oh, so then he and Ben will get along then. :)

Thanks for the insight. You guys' games are never on TV in prime time here on the east coast, so I rarely got to watch Bridges and Johnson so this little chat is making me even more happier we got them

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#68 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:14 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Thanks for the insight. You guys' games are never on TV in prime time here on the east coast, so I rarely got to watch Bridges and Johnson so this little chat is making me even more happier we got them

Is there a press conference for these guys?
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#69 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:16 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I love Thomas's spunk and recklessness at times, but I don't think he's quite a starter yet. He can be first man off the bench, no problem. Would like to see him grow up a little bit more and mature as a player with his decisions.

I do think Spencer/O'neal/Bridges/CJ/Claxton would make a good starting unit (to see how they work together), with Simmons/CT/Harris/Yuta/DFS/Patty/Seth/Sharpe coming in as backups. Would still like to see if we can sneak a veteran big from the buyout market here too.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#70 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:29 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I love Thomas's spunk and recklessness at times, but I don't think he's quite a starter yet. He can be first man off the bench, no problem. Would like to see him grow up a little bit more and mature as a player with his decisions.

I do think Spencer/O'neal/Bridges/CJ/Claxton would make a good starting unit (to see how they work together), with Simmons/CT/Harris/Yuta/DFS/Patty/Seth/Sharpe coming in as backups. Would still like to see if we can sneak a veteran big from the buyout market here too.

You think O'Neale is better than DFS?

Edit: nvm...I guess looking at their comparison he's a way better 3pt shooter...and playmaker. Surprised he has so many assists.

Though 2pt%...O'Neale at like 38.9% and DFS at 56.6%...
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#71 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:31 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

i just realized that they haven't had one yet. it could be a timing issue

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#72 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:33 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Let me know if you find out and have a link whenever it is. I'd be interested in watching it.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#73 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:34 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

You think O'Neale is better than DFS?

Edit: nvm...I guess looking at their comparison he's a way better 3pt shooter...and playmaker. Surprised he has so many assists.

Royce is a better shooter, but the problem with him is that he relies heavily on someone drawing gravity from the defense to get his shots off. if he left to his own devices he's a disaster.

DFS is a beast of a human being. I like his intangibles more even though his shooting isn't as clean as Royce's. We had a stretch last night where Chicago was getting mauled by him on both ends. I've wanted a guy like him on our team for years.

Thanks Kyrie!

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#74 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:35 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Let me know if you find out and have a link whenever it is. I'd be interested in watching it.

i got you fam

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#75 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:26 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=PrU784g5RLFb5klovX79gQ

Here you go :)

Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#76 » by Claud » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:26 pm

Starters: Dinwiddie/Bridges/Cam Johnson/DFS/Clax
Bench: Killa Cam/Royce/Joe/Yuta/Ben with Seth + Sumner as alernatives when we need a spark.
NetsWorld
Starter

Post#77 » by NetsWorld » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:29 pm

Claud wrote:Starters: Dinwiddie/Bridges/Cam Johnson/DFS/Clax
Bench: Killa Cam/Royce/Joe/Yuta/Ben with Seth + Sumner as alernatives when we need a spark.

My God the defense of that starting unit
NetsWorld
Starter

Post#78 » by NetsWorld » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:30 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Not sure if yesnetwork is airing it online but you can try there my dude.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,047

Post#79 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:07 pm

I'm starting Cam Thomas no matter what.

Even if it costs us games. We need him to develop into a star. There is enough potential there.

When he makes mistakes Vaughn can always bench him.
phx#7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,316

Post#80 » by phx#7 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:47 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
oh ho...

don't worry. we have a wide variety of bar hopping snowbunnies in BKN for Mikal to choose from. He'll be in good hands out here.

The food is a lot better too :)

let me stop, i've never been to Arizona. I imagine you guys are heavy into BBQ

Not really bbq. Lots of mexican food though.

We have good mexican food choices up here, but I'm sure the food joints you guys have over there are killer :oops: :nod:

Not sure how much Mikal even tried many of the Mexican places out here, he eats Chipotle nearly every day.

https://valleyofthesuns.com/2020/05/03/phoenix-suns-mikal-bridges-chipotle/

Return to Brooklyn Nets