ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets in the Sunshine State...bring on the Magic Mar 26

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

ChuckS
Bench Warmer
And1: 220

Re: Nets in the Sunshine State...bring on the Magic Mar 26 

Post#61 » by ChuckS » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:33 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:Getting rid of everyone not named Mikal is practical. We have good role players, but this team is not constructed to get the best out of them. We don't have a KD or a Kyrie that can get our shooters wide open looks every possession. We don't have a Luka Doncic or a Trae Young that can give Claxton free lobs. We need stars that can do more.

I would agree if we were talking about anyone, not everyone, to get a superstar. It is my belief that we have acquired too good a core to totally self destruct. I understand, however, that might not be what you are implying.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#62 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:39 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:Getting rid of everyone not named Mikal is practical. We have good role players, but this team is not constructed to get the best out of them. We don't have a KD or a Kyrie that can get our shooters wide open looks every possession. We don't have a Luka Doncic or a Trae Young that can give Claxton free lobs. We need stars that can do more.

Putting a team of role players in featured roles too big for them, without a true star to divert defensive attention is a recipe for disaster.

Having said that I think we've been performing above my expectations maybe because Mikal Bridges has been a miracle worker and much better than projected.

A role player turning into a 27ppg guy on 50/40/90 midseason is unheard of. I had no idea Mikal was this good on offense. This guy is a true building block, and has made this farcical season a little easier to stomach.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#63 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:13 pm

ChuckS wrote:

I would agree if we were talking about anyone, not everyone, to get a superstar. It is my belief that we have acquired too good a core to totally self destruct. I understand, however, that might not be what you are implying.

There's zero reason to dump everyone. We need a star PG or another all star player in here to draw gravity.

We have good parts, but the sum isn't what it needs to be. We need to add to the equation.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Post#64 » by Eatgreenz » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:47 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
ChuckS wrote:

There's zero reason to dump everyone. We need a star PG or another all star player in here to draw gravity.

We have good parts, but the sum isn't what it needs to be. We need to add to the equation.

Marks definitely scheming something. With Mikal turning into a 2nd option at worst. Marks aiming to get atleast one star to complete the roster. I think it might be some one out of nowhere like a lamelo.

Return to Brooklyn Nets