GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: GT: Hawks v Nets || Friday 3/31/23 || 7:30 PM 

Post#61 » by GTR11 » Sat Apr 1, 2023 5:03 am

Marvin Martian wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
PHI has supported him for years and Ben didn't return the favor. He got the max deal, he got the perfect teammates to win a ring, and he didn't deliver when it mattered most.

Ben wanting to be here is not a good thing. It is a sign that we still are not holding players accountable. Ben is supposed to be a star, not a cheerleader

Spoken like a true Philthy fan :lol:

They were one unlucky bounce away from winning a chip.

I can live with Craptors winning chip though. They always be that fat joint no one will ask for a date.

PHI fans are doing cartwheels right now. They managed to dump the worst contract in the NBA for James Harden. Easily one of the worse trades in recent memory.

And no they were not an unlucky bounce from winning a ring. They were an unlucky bounce from winning the conference semifinals.

Keep that energy when they will commit to another one.

Ben for all his short comings is still legit player when healthy. 6-8 month from now we will see how your narrative will twist. Harden already has broken hemi's and that achilles bees acting up.

If anything, Nets org dodged 3 nuclear missiles that would've set them back for 7+ years.

The way Bridges playing. KD ain't being missed much. Should I say anything about limping Harden or Kyrie?

I'll take that Mavs 2029 pick along with PHX 2027-29 all day over them.

That without me mentioning we will be on the market for LaMelo and Ingram year from now. Play around maybe Luka will want out. I believe in Kyrie.

Did you hear what KD, Joe Jusus, D. Will, etc players said about Nets? Yeah we not only biggest market, we are player paradise when it comes to young millionaires.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#62 » by GTR11 » Sat Apr 1, 2023 5:40 am

Few things I will not tolerate anymore:

Jason Collins is complete trash. This bum should never be mentioned on this board. What a trash his ass is.

Nic was/is a monster. Pair him with another tweener who can shoot, can play switch D and block shots, you got top 10 D team with those two racking havoc, anything else is cherry on top.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#63 » by sashaturiaf » Sat Apr 1, 2023 5:42 am

GTR11 wrote:DVR is a thing of beauty.

Like I've been saying. Bridges showing all signs of Khris ( some of you need to look up that guy ), can he prove me wrong and show Joe Juses level talent? I will never forget when Joe was giving it to LBJ led heat.

If Bridges is Joe Juses level type player... than we healthy Ben away from being legit contender. Of course we going to need legit coach along to begin any conversation.

So now we just need Clax to put on 20lb of muscle and transform into Giannis, and then we're back 8-)
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#64 » by sashaturiaf » Sat Apr 1, 2023 5:47 am

gigantes wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:Are we sure Mikal cant reach a number 1 option on a contending team

I wouldn't put anything past him. He just keeps improving its astounding

He's built really thin, too.

That fact particularly gobsmacked me when I realised what an *ironman* he's been, going all the way back to HS from what I understand.

I mean... skinny as a rail, I'm kinda used to seeing that from talented PG's and PF's (like Durant), but as a 6'6" wingman, it seems kinda unusual.

Then again, it seems to suit his game, no..?

Mikal is turning me into a fan of his. The ironman streak is largely mentality and stands out as a breath of fresh air in an over-load managed league.

No wonder Suns fans all loved this guy, he plays hard and he plays with joy not to mention he's also a damn good player.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#65 » by GTR11 » Sat Apr 1, 2023 5:58 am

sashaturiaf wrote:

Like I've been saying. Bridges showing all signs of Khris ( some of you need to look up that guy ), can he prove me wrong and show Joe Juses level talent? I will never forget when Joe was giving it to LBJ led heat.

If Bridges is Joe Juses level type player... than we healthy Ben away from being legit contender. Of course we going to need legit coach along to begin any conversation.

So now we just need Clax to put on 20lb of muscle and transform into Giannis, and then we're back 8-)

Yeah yeah I hear you.

I'll take all the surprises Bridges giving me right now. I thought he'd be PHX Bridges at best, more likely will regress with amount of work load added.

As for Nic. What did I tell y'all few years back? Look it up, it's in my posts. Nic being healthy this season is the only thing I didn't see coming. I'm still skeptical until he gives me another 2 years. His contact situation makes me nervous. However since I'm a Marks believer, I will trust in reasonable contract.

I want to see this team with healthy Ben. During the game, they showed Ben being super exited. Something tells me after looking at him that he is ready, and I mean he wants that action. Not sure why I got that vibe, but he was giving that impression.
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#66 » by sashaturiaf » Sat Apr 1, 2023 6:40 am

GTR11 wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

Yeah yeah I hear you.

I'll take all the surprises Bridges giving me right now. I thought he'd be PHX Bridges at best, more likely will regress with amount of work load added.

As for Nic. What did I tell y'all few years back? Look it up, it's in my posts. Nic being healthy this season is the only thing I didn't see coming. I'm still skeptical until he gives me another 2 years. His contact situation makes me nervous. However since I'm a Marks believer, I will trust in reasonable contract.

I want to see this team with healthy Ben. During the game, they showed Ben being super exited. Something tells me after looking at him that he is ready, and I mean he wants that action. Not sure why I got that vibe, but he was giving that impression.

The lone bright spot from this season has been the play of Mikal and Clax. I wouldn't call them building blocks yet but they are definitely keepers.

As for Ben? He's already hit rock bottom, I think coming in with zero expectations on him next season should help. Still not expecting anything from him but I also wouldn't be surprised if he's going to come back strong and make some critics swallow their words.
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 318

Post#67 » by Eatgreenz » Sat Apr 1, 2023 11:00 am

Marvin Martian wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
PHI Ben Simmons came up small against Trae Young when he had prime Embiid, how can he be expected to do any better with Bridges?

This is a group he can bond with give me bridges leadership over embiid. Ben wants to be here. His around group of guys that will support him not throw him under the bus.

PHI has supported him for years and Ben didn't return the favor. He got the max deal, he got the perfect teammates to win a ring, and he didn't deliver when it mattered most.

Ben wanting to be here is not a good thing. It is a sign that we still are not holding players accountable. Ben is supposed to be a star, not a cheerleader

Philly did not support Ben. He was drafted into the Process which is a culture based on losing. Its no wonder why he would develop bad habits. Him wanting to be here shows his already changing he wants to be part of what we are building here. Ben can be a star once his back allows him to be again, which looks like real possibility.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#68 » by Paradise » Sat Apr 1, 2023 12:20 pm

gigantes wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:Are we sure Mikal cant reach a number 1 option on a contending team

I wouldn't put anything past him. He just keeps improving its astounding

That fact particularly gobsmacked me when I realised what an *ironman* he's been, going all the way back to HS from what I understand.

I mean... skinny as a rail, I'm kinda used to seeing that from talented PG's and PF's (like Durant), but as a 6'6" wingman, it seems kinda unusual.

He has a massive wingspan. His slim frame didn’t stop him from being a runner up to Marcus Smart for DPOY last season.

He’s developing similar to Kawhi and PG. Just a different body type.
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#69 » by sashaturiaf » Sat Apr 1, 2023 12:34 pm

Paradise wrote:
gigantes wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:I wouldn't put anything past him. He just keeps improving its astounding

He has a massive wingspan. His slim frame didn’t stop him from being a runner up to Marcus Smart for DPOY last season.

He’s developing similar to Kawhi and PG. Just a different body type.

I like the Kawhi comparison, a guy that started as a role player on a good team that suddenly increased his offensive role without any drop in efficiency.

PG was more of a prodigy. I mean Mikal entered the league at 22 and PG was already dueling with LeBron in the playoffs at that age.

Far too early to anoint him the next Kawhi but if we keep the 6 seed, a strong performance against Harden and the 76ers in the playoffs certainly won't do that comparison any harm.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,203

Post#70 » by therealbig3 » Sat Apr 1, 2023 12:55 pm

GTR11 wrote:Few things I will not tolerate anymore:

Jason Collins is complete trash. This bum should never be mentioned on this board. What a trash his ass is.

Nic was/is a monster. Pair him with another tweener who can shoot, can play switch D and block shots, you got top 10 D team with those two racking havoc, anything else is cherry on top.

Meh no need to hate on Collins, he was part of those two Finals teams.

As bad as he was offensively, he was great defensively, and we made the Finals because we were great defensive teams.

I agree though, Nic is a different beast. And Collins would be unplayable today…but for his time, he did his job.

Edit: LOL I think you meant John Collins?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#71 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 1, 2023 1:51 pm

Why is Jason Collins getting slandered on here? He was a huge part of the Kidd era Nets. Smh
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#72 » by Keith Van Horn » Sat Apr 1, 2023 3:17 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
This train left the station long ago

I would prefer old ( Sixers times ) Ben Simmons

PHI Ben Simmons came up small against Trae Young when he had prime Embiid, how can he be expected to do any better with Bridges?

Hate for Ben is real even here

Idk he might wake up tomorrow and decide he is not afraid to shoot the ball anymore , strangest things happened whats consider human brain

Some of you it’s just like a **** crowd from general board , like to poke the guy who’s clearly down

He got back issues, it’s series and can immobilize even the best athletes in their primes

He’s with the team , rooting hard , he could’ve sit home plying COD like Kyrie /Kd did often , what you want him to do , get on the court and break his back completely so we can file exemption?

Why is fair criticism seen as hate? It's ok to look at the evidence we've been given and criticize. And we're all rooting for the guy to be successful again, but many people are simply trying to be realistic based on what's been observed and proven over the last 2 years.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#73 » by Keith Van Horn » Sat Apr 1, 2023 3:21 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Few things I will not tolerate anymore:

Meh no need to hate on Collins, he was part of those two Finals teams.

As bad as he was offensively, he was great defensively, and we made the Finals because we were great defensive teams.

I agree though, Nic is a different beast. And Collins would be unplayable today…but for his time, he did his job.

Edit: LOL I think you meant John Collins?

LMAO I saw that post and was like "who in the hell is bringing up Jason Collins right about now? How does he fit into any sort of modern NBA conversation we're having"

saw your edit :lol: :lol: :lol:
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,409

Post#74 » by Marvin Martian » Sat Apr 1, 2023 4:19 pm

Eatgreenz wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:This is a group he can bond with give me bridges leadership over embiid. Ben wants to be here. His around group of guys that will support him not throw him under the bus.

Philly did not support Ben. He was drafted into the Process which is a culture based on losing. Its no wonder why he would develop bad habits. Him wanting to be here shows his already changing he wants to be part of what we are building here. Ben can be a star once his back allows him to be again, which looks like real possibility.

Making the playoffs is losing now? Face facts, Ben failed because of Ben, not PHI. He has showed 0 improvement in his game. They all sacrificed for him and Ben did not reciporate.

It is ludicrous for the Nets to continue financing Ben's "rehab", knowing that he isn't a starting PG on a championship caliber team, even when healthy as evidenced by his game 7 performance against Trae Young
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#75 » by 3pt_chucker » Sat Apr 1, 2023 4:42 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:Mikal is so nice. Just need to pair him with a bonafide #1 guy.

Cam J finally playing better. If he can find consistency he'd be a really good wing 3&D player with ability to drive.

You think he's worth 20 mil and up to keep?

Yes but because of his injury history and inconsistency I don't see him getting anything an offer sheet above $22M per.

Somewhere in the $18-22 range is good with me. He's an asset that can be flipped later down the road as well.
Eatgreenz
Senior

Post#76 » by Eatgreenz » Sat Apr 1, 2023 5:00 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:

Making the playoffs is losing now? Face facts, Ben failed because of Ben, not PHI. He has showed 0 improvement in his game. They all sacrificed for him and Ben did not reciporate.

It is ludicrous for the Nets to continue financing Ben's "rehab", knowing that he isn't a starting PG on a championship caliber team, even when healthy as evidenced by his game 7 performance against Trae Young

Does Ben have a part in the Philly situation he does, but philly did not sacrifice for Ben. So one game 7 or series its over for Ben. So no player has had a bad game or series, and was able to come back from that. Ben is the special case were he is automatically done smh, the Ben hate is crazy.
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,409

Post#77 » by Marvin Martian » Sat Apr 1, 2023 5:26 pm

Eatgreenz wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:Philly did not support Ben. He was drafted into the Process which is a culture based on losing. Its no wonder why he would develop bad habits. Him wanting to be here shows his already changing he wants to be part of what we are building here. Ben can be a star once his back allows him to be again, which looks like real possibility.

Does Ben have a part in the Philly situation he does, but philly did not sacrifice for Ben. So one game 7 or series its over for Ben. So no player has had a bad game or series, and was able to come back from that. Ben is the special case were he is automatically done smh, the Ben hate is crazy.

Yes they did. PHI brought in shooters to create spacing for Ben. Embiid parked behind the 3 point line to create space for Ben. Embiid allowed the offensively inferior Ben to hog the ball because Ben can't play off ball. Embiid allowed Ben to roam around like a free safety on defense.

Ben's game 7 performance is not an isolated incident. He has had many terrible performances in the playoffs. He is terrible. Especially, when it matters the most.

This is who you want playing with Bridges WTF?
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,047

Post#78 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Apr 1, 2023 5:35 pm

Guys please just cool down the breaks on Ben.

He was clearly injured this year. Lets give him one more season to get back healthy.

He would be the perfect compliment to this team if healthy. Playoff questions aside.

And worst case he can rebuild some of his value for a trade.
Eatgreenz
Senior

Post#79 » by Eatgreenz » Sat Apr 1, 2023 5:49 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:

Yes they did. PHI brought in shooters to create spacing for Ben. Embiid parked behind the 3 point line to create space for Ben. Embiid allowed the offensively inferior Ben to hog the ball because Ben can't play off ball. Embiid allowed Ben to roam around like a free safety on defense.

Ben's game 7 performance is not an isolated incident. He has had many terrible performances in the playoffs. He is terrible. Especially, when it matters the most.

This is who you want playing with Bridges WTF?

So because they paid jj reddick some money they built around him. Now he hogged the ball from embiid who was avg like 28. Ben cant go to a whole different situation become a whole different player, like his teammate mikal has. The guy hasnt been healthy as net to see what he is yet, next season could be first look at it. Guess will agree to disagree.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#80 » by Keith Van Horn » Sat Apr 1, 2023 7:24 pm

I mean at this point, no one is taking Ben from us. He's making so much money. No way we're waiving and stretching. He's still young enough and I trust the Nets health/rehab team enough that they're going to put in massive work with him this offseason.

Whether or not JV has him in his plans though, that's another story. And even then, whether or not he's a starter or 20ish mpg guy off the bench, that's another story too.

Return to Brooklyn Nets