ImageImageImageImageImage

4/7 - Magic at Nets

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Re: 4/7 - Magic at Nets 

Post#61 » by Eatgreenz » Sat Apr 8, 2023 5:21 pm

All this negativity for what. We were in 100x worse place with what billy king did to us. Right now we have team loaded with 3nd wings. A mikal whose looking like a number 2 option at worst. Restocked on draft picks in 2 situations(Suns n Mavs) that could look real shaky in the future. The largest TPE in league history. After trading 2 stars and adding like 5 new players only dropped from the 4th seed to the 6th seed. Why should we feel bad about this team. You literally put a lamelo, Luka, dame on this team we contend in the east. N still have the wildcard in Ben who stays every game with team which shows he isnt disconnected and wants to be here. A 100% Ben makes this team even more dangerous cuz we wouldnt have to trade anyone.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#62 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 8, 2023 5:30 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
NetsJets wrote:I mean that’s one thing, and I can understand if they were in position to draft the French kid, but they’re not. So might as well go win games and once you’re in you never know what happens. I don’t expect to beat Philly by the way, but we’ll be competitive against them.

Wemby is a generational talent, but we're going to need high talent on cheap contracts because of our cap situation. I would have preferred a higher draft position instead of a 1st round sweep.

We can't even get Wemby because Houston has our pick. Its not worth it for home low end lottery talent.

The lottery is a crap shoot, you're right. but I'd rather have Marks, who has been a solid drafter, armed with a lottery pick to upgrade this roster than a pair of late 1sts.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#63 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 8, 2023 5:46 pm

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:Exactly.

Continuing on the 5 year playoff streak and winning culture is far more important.

No it isn't :lol: @ winning culture. Enough. No one is buying that bullsh*t anymore after we had three stars come and go. What kind of culture do we have?

We need talent dude. No one cares that the Nets have made the playoffs in 5 straight years after the chaos and dysfunction that happened in 4 of those years.

5 playoff appearances, and one series win against an injured Celtics team. Big whoop. We need to rebuild.

If you told me we could have a top 15 pick and a way to get Simmons off the books over a meaningless playoff beating versus the Sixers, I'll gladly take the former.

You can’t flip the narrative to fit misery. We all know it was Kyrie. The three stars come and go angle is nonsense. You keep switching narratives to complain. The fact we are creating new ones is an example of winning culture. Plugging in new guys on the fly and ending up with better records than Phoenix and Dallas will attract free agent talent and continue to make agents want their prospects to develop here.

You were the first one crying about no stars ever coming here prior to 2019 during the first rebuild. You were crying about drafting LeVert due to his injuries and PTSD over Lopez. I think that perspective should be taken as a grain of salt because your track record on these things don’t tend to work out.

If we sucked and went on a 25 game losing streak into the lottery instead of being within 5th or 6th, you’d say we are a laughing stock.

Winning and rebuilding can be done simultaneously with the right staff. Ask Toronto.

Man this sounds like a whole lotta copium.

Creating new stars? Where? :lol: Bridges is a good player but he's not some superstar, dude has regressed back to normalcy as of late. Who are these other stars we're creating in the face of irrelevancy? Cam Thomas?

Ask Toronto about what? They traded for a generational talent that isn't a complete lunatic and won a title because they're a competent organization. We brought in two of the biggest headcases in the league and decided to hand the keys to Steve Nash. This is the front office and ownership group that you have faith in??? Okay :lol:

And dude, the fact that we have a better record than Phoenix and Dallas is due to KD being here for the first half of the season. You trying to make that out to be some kind of accomplishment says to me that you're in serious denial about how f*cked this situation is.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#64 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 8, 2023 5:51 pm

Eatgreenz wrote:All this negativity for what. We were in 100x worse place with what billy king did to us. Right now we have team loaded with 3nd wings. A mikal whose looking like a number 2 option at worst. Restocked on draft picks in 2 situations(Suns n Mavs) that could look real shaky in the future. The largest TPE in league history. After trading 2 stars and adding like 5 new players only dropped from the 4th seed to the 6th seed. Why should we feel bad about this team. You literally put a lamelo, Luka, dame on this team we contend in the east. N still have the wildcard in Ben who stays every game with team which shows he isnt disconnected and wants to be here. A 100% Ben makes this team even more dangerous cuz we wouldnt have to trade anyone.

So now Ben Simmons is our savior? I'm not making that bet. Most likely he is going to get bought out after another season.

What good does having a massive TPE do when the team just lets them expire?

That being said, I like our future outlook because of the draft picks. Everything else is highly suspect in the meantime.

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,046

Post#65 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Apr 8, 2023 6:20 pm

Paradise wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Wemby is a generational talent, but we're going to need high talent on cheap contracts because of our cap situation. I would have preferred a higher draft position instead of a 1st round sweep.

We can't even get Wemby because Houston has our pick. Its not worth it for home low end lottery talent.

We own our pick this season. We weren’t getting him anyways.

No they have the swap.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#66 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Apr 8, 2023 6:23 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

The lottery is a crap shoot, you're right. but I'd rather have Marks, who has been a solid drafter, armed with a lottery pick to upgrade this roster than a pair of late 1sts.

I'd rather get Bridges/Claxton some playoff reps. Those guys are out stars right now.

We can't rebuild case all our picks are gone anyway. Its also unlikely whoever we draft becomes a star player anyway.

Seeing these guys miss the playoffs would suck.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#67 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Apr 8, 2023 6:25 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
No it isn't :lol: @ winning culture. Enough. No one is buying that bullsh*t anymore after we had three stars come and go. What kind of culture do we have?

We need talent dude. No one cares that the Nets have made the playoffs in 5 straight years after the chaos and dysfunction that happened in 4 of those years.

5 playoff appearances, and one series win against an injured Celtics team. Big whoop. We need to rebuild.

If you told me we could have a top 15 pick and a way to get Simmons off the books over a meaningless playoff beating versus the Sixers, I'll gladly take the former.

You can’t flip the narrative to fit misery. We all know it was Kyrie. The three stars come and go angle is nonsense. You keep switching narratives to complain. The fact we are creating new ones is an example of winning culture. Plugging in new guys on the fly and ending up with better records than Phoenix and Dallas will attract free agent talent and continue to make agents want their prospects to develop here.

You were the first one crying about no stars ever coming here prior to 2019 during the first rebuild. You were crying about drafting LeVert due to his injuries and PTSD over Lopez. I think that perspective should be taken as a grain of salt because your track record on these things don’t tend to work out.

If we sucked and went on a 25 game losing streak into the lottery instead of being within 5th or 6th, you’d say we are a laughing stock.

Winning and rebuilding can be done simultaneously with the right staff. Ask Toronto.

Creating new stars? Where? :lol: Bridges is a good player but he's not some superstar, dude has regressed back to normalcy as of late. Who are these other stars we're creating in the face of irrelevancy? Cam Thomas?

Ask Toronto about what? They traded for a generational talent that isn't a complete lunatic and won a title because they're a competent organization. We brought in two of the biggest headcases in the league and decided to hand the keys to Steve Nash. This is the front office and ownership group that you have faith in??? Okay :lol:

And dude, the fact that we have a better record than Phoenix and Dallas is due to KD being here for the first half of the season. You trying to make that out to be some kind of accomplishment says to me that you're in serious denial about how f*cked this situation is.

Bridges is absolutely a star. 3 poor games does not change that.

Meanwhile youre convinced the #12 pick will be some superstar. Look at the past 10 years of drafting. How many of those picks end up being any good at all.

It could make sense if we could get into the top 5. But we can't.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,193

Post#68 » by therealbig3 » Sat Apr 8, 2023 6:42 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Meh I think you’re being too harsh about the situation.

I actually do think we have the talent to be a very good team. We lack offensive talent, and we’re not a contender, but we should be one of the best defensive teams in the league with the personnel we have. I don’t trust our coaching staff, that’s the main thing I want to see improved in the off season.

But Claxton, Bridges, DFS, O’Neal, Cam Johnson…all of them legitimately good defensive players, and imo, Claxton has DPOY potential. A coach like Thibs could have us as a top 3 defense in the league, especially if Simmons came back as any semblance of what he used to be.

Idk we actually have a team of players that are easy to root for and much better than what we had before the Kyrie/KD mess. We should be looking to add a proven coach who can maximize our strengths. I’d seriously look at re-hiring Atkinson again, if he was willing. Or maybe Quinn Snyder. Or Udoka.
Eatgreenz
Senior

Post#69 » by Eatgreenz » Sat Apr 8, 2023 6:58 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:All this negativity for what. We were in 100x worse place with what billy king did to us. Right now we have team loaded with 3nd wings. A mikal whose looking like a number 2 option at worst. Restocked on draft picks in 2 situations(Suns n Mavs) that could look real shaky in the future. The largest TPE in league history. After trading 2 stars and adding like 5 new players only dropped from the 4th seed to the 6th seed. Why should we feel bad about this team. You literally put a lamelo, Luka, dame on this team we contend in the east. N still have the wildcard in Ben who stays every game with team which shows he isnt disconnected and wants to be here. A 100% Ben makes this team even more dangerous cuz we wouldnt have to trade anyone.

So now Ben Simmons is our savior? I'm not making that bet. Most likely he is going to get bought out after another season.

That being said, I like our future outlook because of the draft picks. Everything else is highly suspect in the meantime.

Ben doesnt have to be a savior just get back to being 100%, a 6'10 triple double threat with 1st all nba defence can unlock alot things on this team. Buyout would actually put us in a worse situation better off letting him expiring if does keep looking cooked. TPE is just another assest to have in Marks war chest to keep building this roster.
Eatgreenz
Senior

Post#70 » by Eatgreenz » Sat Apr 8, 2023 7:07 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:

Meanwhile youre convinced the #12 pick will be some superstar. Look at the past 10 years of drafting. How many of those picks end up being any good at all.

Idk whats going with all these debbie downers man, now they are convincing themselves Mikal cant be a star. The man mikal has been showing this since book went down got traded here n went up another level. Now because of 3 bad games his regressed to his norm. KD couldnt do nothing with the celtics, Mikal dropping buckets all over tatum n brown but he only gunna be just a good player like his another levert.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

4/7 - Magic at Nets 

Post#71 » by Paradise » Sat Apr 8, 2023 7:21 pm

While Mr Dolla Bills wishes we were the Mavs. Crapping the bed for a lotto pick because we “need talent dude” meanwhile the NBA is launching an investigation for their obvious tanking and likely will end up being punished.

You really can’t expect much from a guy who posts more on the Knicks board than here. He’s already shown what time he’s on. You should stay there honestly. All of your chicken little takes backfire and it’s a decade of evidence to show.

Nobody with a functional brain would turn down the playoffs after coming into the season with a contending roster and title hopes. Injuries or not. I’d want the same thing if KD, Kyrie was still here and the situation played out the same. Being in the playoffs now is the perfect stepping stone to building for the future.

Half of this board whined like little babies over losing during 2016 to 2018. Barely had anything close to the Kings or Knicks but kept on whining like spoiled children. I’d rather win and build a winning culture than see that weak ass mindset from Nets “fans”.

Nobody here would appreciate the talent we’d get anyways. This board would’ve dealt Ja Morant by now.
Paradise

Post#72 » by Paradise » Sat Apr 8, 2023 7:34 pm

Eatgreenz wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Idk whats going with all these debbie downers man, now they are convincing themselves Mikal cant be a star. The man mikal has been showing this since book went down got traded here n went up another level. Now because of 3 bad games his regressed to his norm. KD couldnt do nothing with the celtics, Mikal dropping buckets all over tatum n brown but he only gunna be just a good player like his another levert.

These are the same ones who was crying, whining and bitching when we weren’t winning at an elite level with Harden, KD, Kyrie and upset over giving up team ball with Russell, LeVert, Dinwiddie for a super team....are the same ones complaining to have team ball again with likable guys at the same damn age as LeVert, Allen, Russell...because we no longer have a super team lol
Eatgreenz
Senior

Post#73 » by Eatgreenz » Sat Apr 8, 2023 8:04 pm

Paradise wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

These are the same ones who was crying, whining and bitching when we weren’t winning at an elite level with Harden, KD, Kyrie and upset over giving up team ball with Russell, LeVert, Dinwiddie for a super team....are the same ones complaining to have team ball again with likable guys at the same damn age as LeVert, Allen, Russell...because we no longer have a super team lol

100% I thought when KD and kyrie got traded we get positive vibes and excitement about the future in this board. Since everyone wanted them gone , but you cant even tell the difference in these boards you would swear they were still here with all this negativity. This team has 0 drama anymore I dont get it
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#74 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 8, 2023 8:16 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:

Meh I think you’re being too harsh about the situation.

I actually do think we have the talent to be a very good team. We lack offensive talent, and we’re not a contender, but we should be one of the best defensive teams in the league with the personnel we have. I don’t trust our coaching staff, that’s the main thing I want to see improved in the off season.

But Claxton, Bridges, DFS, O’Neal, Cam Johnson…all of them legitimately good defensive players, and imo, Claxton has DPOY potential. A coach like Thibs could have us as a top 3 defense in the league, especially if Simmons came back as any semblance of what he used to be.

Idk we actually have a team of players that are easy to root for and much better than what we had before the Kyrie/KD mess. We should be looking to add a proven coach who can maximize our strengths. I’d seriously look at re-hiring Atkinson again, if he was willing. Or maybe Quinn Snyder. Or Udoka.

Ok if you're saying that I'm being harsh, I believe you, because you've been killing the team way more than I have been :lol:

Look I'm not calling our guys scrubs. That's not my intent, i like them, especially Claxton and Bridges. I just don't like where we are at in terms of coaching and talent overall. Simmons being an albatross contract is drawing my ire, we got railroaded. I want him out of here.

The fact that Vaughn is so inept that he can't install simple off ball actions to better free up a roster of 3+D guys is aggravating. Spencer is my guy but he's not the answer at PG. Why is our defense so trash? I fully admit that I overrated him as a coach.

Honestly, my beef is more with the front office, ownership than the players. They're not to blame for how things went.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#75 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 8, 2023 8:30 pm

Paradise wrote:While Mr Dolla Bills wishes we were the Mavs. Crapping the bed for a lotto pick because we “need talent dude” meanwhile the NBA is launching an investigation for their obvious tanking and likely will end up being punished.

You really can’t expect much from a guy who posts more on the Knicks board than here. He’s already shown what time he’s on. You should stay there honestly. All of your chicken little takes backfire and it’s a decade of evidence to show.

Nobody with a functional brain would turn down the playoffs after coming into the season with a contending roster and title hopes. Injuries or not. I’d want the same thing if KD, Kyrie was still here and the situation played out the same. Being in the playoffs now is the perfect stepping stone to building for the future.

Half of this board whined like little babies over losing during 2016 to 2018. Barely had anything close to the Kings or Knicks but kept on whining like spoiled children. I’d rather win and build a winning culture than see that weak ass mindset from Nets “fans”.

Nobody here would appreciate the talent we’d get anyways. This board would’ve dealt Ja Morant by now.

You're such a f*cking little bitch dude :lol: you follow me around like a fanboy, it's hilarious that you're upset that i chop it up with fans of another team especially when this board has been dead for months. The mods don't even post here anymore ffs. Read the room, people are over this crap, only you and the 2 other homers are deluded enough to think that the Nets are worth a damn anymore after all the crap that happened.

I post on the Knicks board because they're also Giants/Yankee fans like I am and there's more than 5 people to talk to about whatever, unlike this dead ass board. Stay mad tho. All you ever do on here is attack and cry about other Nets fans anyway with your passive aggressive ass. I'm free to say that I'd prefer a lottery pick over getting humiliated by Harden and Embiid.

When reality sets in next week and Sixers trolls run wild on here in our own threads laughing at us, you'll be quiet as a mouse, and this board will head towards Grizzlies and Pelicans territory where it's like two people talking to each other if that.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#76 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 8, 2023 8:39 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:

I've watched enough to see that Bridges is at best a Middleton type. And that's not a knock. But dude stands there in the corner and watches Dinwiddie pound the air out of the ball instead of demanding it and taking over. That's not a star in my books. People were quick to compare him to Leonard, but Leonard would have the ball in his hands in crunch time, not watching Spencer Dinwiddie dribble dribble dribble.

Also, i never said we'd draft a superstar at 12. But we would be adding young, cheap talent with upside since idiot Marks has us capped out with the worst contract in the league sitting on the sidelines like it's fashion week. That goes a lot more towards rebuilding than getting demolished by the league MVP.

Paradise

4/7 - Magic at Nets 

Post#77 » by Paradise » Sat Apr 8, 2023 8:43 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:While Mr Dolla Bills wishes we were the Mavs. Crapping the bed for a lotto pick because we “need talent dude” meanwhile the NBA is launching an investigation for their obvious tanking and likely will end up being punished.

You're such a f*cking little bitch dude :lol: you follow me around like a fanboy, it's hilarious that you're upset that i chop it up with fans of another team especially when this board has been dead for months. The mods don't even post here anymore ffs. Read the room, people are over this crap, only you and the 2 other homers are deluded enough to think that the Nets are worth a damn anymore after all the crap that happened.

I post on the Knicks board because they're also Giants/Yankee fans like I am and there's more than 5 people to talk to about whatever, unlike this dead ass board. Stay mad tho. All you ever do on here is attack and cry about other Nets fans anyway. I'm free to say that I'd prefer a lottery pick over getting humiliated by Harden and Embiid.

When reality sets in next week and Sixers trolls run wild on here in our own threads laughing at us, you'll be quiet as a mouse, and this board will head towards Grizzlies and Pelicans territory where it's like two people talking to each other if that.

Lmao Nobody has time in 24 hours of a day to follow you. You’re the only or moving like a little b*itch. I’m the only one that speaks on it. You give your self far more credit than you think. You aren’t that liked as you think.

I’m not the one buddy buddy with the Knicks board trying to replicate Prok Net. You can post on Yankees, Rangers or whatever else in that thread, forum. You go there to be exactly who you are. You aren’t a credible Nets fan. You got exposed since 2012.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#78 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 8, 2023 8:43 pm

Eatgreenz wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Ben doesnt have to be a savior just get back to being 100%, a 6'10 triple double with 1st all nba defence can unlock alot things on this team. Buyout would actually put us in a worse situation better off letting him expiring if does keep looking cooked. TPE is just another assest to have in Marks war chest to keep building this roster.

I've seen nothing from Simmons since he was traded here that leads me to believe that he will turn it around, but we’ll see.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Marks doesn't even use any of the TPE he's had?

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#79 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 8, 2023 8:47 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

I'd rather get Bridges/Claxton some playoff reps. Those guys are out stars right now.

We can't rebuild case all our picks are gone anyway. Its also unlikely whoever we draft becomes a star player anyway.

Seeing these guys miss the playoffs would suck.

If Bridges plays the way he has the last few days, or sits quietly while Spencer plays hero ball vs the Sixers, the team will be unwatchable.

The way he just watched Spencer shoot us out of the game in the 4th vs Minnesota really bothered me. A star isn't going to stand there and let an inferior player suck up all the usage. He's got to start speaking up and calling for the ball.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#80 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 8, 2023 8:50 pm

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I post on the Knicks board because they're also Giants/Yankee fans like I am and there's more than 5 people to talk to about whatever, unlike this dead ass board. Stay mad tho. All you ever do on here is attack and cry about other Nets fans anyway. I'm free to say that I'd prefer a lottery pick over getting humiliated by Harden and Embiid.

Lmao Nobody has time in 24 hours of a day to follow you. You’re the only or moving like a little b*itch. I’m the only one that speaks on it. You give your self far more credit than you think. You aren’t that liked as you think.

I’m not the one buddy buddy with the Knicks board trying to replicate Prok Net. You can post on Yankees, Rangers or whatever else in that thread, forum. You go there to be exactly who you are. You aren’t a credible Nets fan. You got exposed since 2012.

You're literally stalking me and are upset that I'm engaging Knick fans in conversation. :noway: come on man. Let's not.

Return to Brooklyn Nets