ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets vs Sixers Playoffs 1st Rd (Game 4, season finale)

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Re: Nets vs Sixers Playoffs 1st Rd (Game 4, season finale) 

Post#61 » by 3pt_chucker » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:46 pm

This coach played Patty Mills in a playoff game over Cam Thomas, Yuta Watanabe and Edmond Sumner and y'all wanna talk about what he could've done???

Some of y'all need to watch more non-Nets basketball to see what good coaching looks like because maybe the Nets incompetence has skewed what you think good coaching is.

Obviously it's not 100% JV's fault (Marks has been bad for multiple seasons) and the Nets weren't going to win this series but this series has been embarrassing AF.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 660

Post#62 » by NetsJets » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:47 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:Saying this roster is trash is a huge exaggeration. Lots of talent on the roster. They are just not put in a situation to succeed.

Good role players and a secondary star. We need an elite scorer next to these guys.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach

Post#63 » by 3pt_chucker » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:47 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:This coach has never won 1 playoff game and has an abysmal non-KD record. If you want to make money just fade the Nets with JV at the helm. I promise you'll make a large profit.

Vaughn isn't great but i watched guys brick wide open attempt after wide open attempt. Blame can be spread equally

The roster make up is trash and we have no stars.

Players have been playing with little confidence for a reason.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,392

Post#64 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:47 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:What exactly did Vaughn do to put the team in this position? It is not his fault that this team of "3 and D" guys can't shoot. It's not his fault that Ky and KD wanted out in the middle of the season. He was dealt a bad hand; anyone expecting better results is delusional.

It's Marks and Tsai for sure. How you go from scary hours to this in 1 year is a historic evel case study in mismanagement.

We didn't have the players to be anything more than a tanking team, the decision to try and win this season after the trades was just more mismanagement.

We know Tsai can't go but heads have to roll. Marks thanks for the memories but I its time to go.

I'm not sure how Vaughn is catching strays here. This is a no win situation. The fact that we managed to limp into the playoffs with an 11-13 record says to me Vaughn did the best that he could with this trash roster.

By a simple thing, he never put other guys in a position to contribute, maybe they were trash in practice but I saw otherwise in short minutes they got under Vaughn regime

1 Yuta - he was mostly solid with a little time he got

2 Sumner - he deserved all the minutes Joe and Seth got

3 CamT - that’s debatable, not sure about him , maybe he is straight up chucker maybe Vaughn killed his confidence enough that he become unplayable, time will tell with him

Vaughn is one trick pony , Give the Ball in Dinwiddie hands and live and die with him , and we died
3pt_chucker
Head Coach

Post#65 » by 3pt_chucker » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:48 pm

NetsJets wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:Saying this roster is trash is a huge exaggeration. Lots of talent on the roster. They are just not put in a situation to succeed.

Good role players and a secondary star. We need an elite scorer next to these guys.

Team will still underperform with this staff.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,758

Post#66 » by Revived » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:48 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Maxey is better than anyone on our team. This is humuliating.

Bridges is straight up choking an elimintation game.

What positive takeaways - if any - to take into next season?

Claxton, Bridges, and Johnson are legit pieces but we need an all star PG or wing to go with them

Everyone else outside of those 3 are expendable.

Re-signing Johnson is pretty much guaranteed right?
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#67 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:50 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:This coach played Patty Mills in a playoff game over Cam Thomas, Yuta Watanabe and Edmond Sumner and y'all wanna talk about what he could've done???

Some of y'all need to watch more non-Nets basketball to see what good coaching looks like because maybe the Nets incompetence has skewed what you think good coaching is.

Obviously it's not 100% JV's fault (Marks has been bad for multiple seasons) and the Nets weren't going to win this series but this series has been embarrassing AF.

Couldn’t say it better myself :nod:
Revived
RealGM

Post#68 » by Revived » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:51 pm

NetsJets wrote:

Damian Lillard would be perfect. And one of his very favorite players in the league is on the Nets.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#69 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:52 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:A merciful ending to one of the worst seasons I've ever experienced. I've been a fan since i was a kid starting in 1992, and never have I felt as bad about this franchise as I did this season and last.

This team had no business being in the playoffs. I would have taken our chances in the lottery to add talent, because outside of Claxton, Bridges, and Johnson we have none. I hope the folks here who snapped my head off are satisfied. We got humiliated and it is clear without Kevin Durant gifting this team a cushion, we wouldn't have even made the playoffs.

It's hard to be optimistic. We have 3 good players, none of them all stars. We are capped out and who knows what will happen with Ben. We can't even tank next season because Houston has our pick. Vaughn will be back, which leaves a lot to be desired.

The bright side...we've got assets to make moves. But frankly, I don't trust Marks. So, we'll see what happens, but i have no hopes or expectations with this franchise anymore. Those days are dead and gone.

Heartbreaking read. You're a true fan dollarbills and repped the Nets with pride on this site.

If Marks is still here come the start of free agency I'm done with this team. Some accountability is needed for the comedy of errors that we've witnessed over the past 2 years.

Thank you sasha but i don't even take pride in being a fan anymore. I was a die hard, i never missed watching games of this team. DC/Anderson/Drazen, Marbury, the Kidd years, etc. Win or lose i was all in. Hell. I watched every single game of the 12-70 season because i thought that better days were ahead...but that was a pipedream.

I should have taken the hint after what happened in the summer of 1993 that this was never going to go the way that i wanted. And I'm at peace with that now, and i don't care anymore.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#70 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:53 pm

Revived wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Dirk wrote:

Claxton, Bridges, and Johnson are legit pieces but we need an all star PG or wing to go with them

Who knows with this f*ck ass owner

ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#71 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:53 pm

Revived wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Dirk wrote:

I hope so , if they don’t and PHX will I will be sick of this team even more

Ps , I might add for me personally there was only 2 positive things this season

1 acquiring Mikal and Cam J

2 Claxton development

2b Sharpe got better
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#72 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:55 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:This coach has never won 1 playoff game and has an abysmal non-KD record. If you want to make money just fade the Nets with JV at the helm. I promise you'll make a large profit.

Vaughn isn't great but i watched guys brick wide open attempt after wide open attempt. Blame can be spread equally

The roster make up is trash and we have no stars.

Players have been playing with little confidence for a reason.

That's not quantifiable. What is quantifiable is the amount of wide open threes missed.

I know you want your pound of flesh, and i agree that Vaughn is not the answer, but he's not the sole reason why this year went down in flames.

Revived
RealGM

Post#73 » by Revived » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:55 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Revived wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

It’s impossible for PHX to sign him so that’s one less team you’ll have to worry about. I do think Nets will re-sign him.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#74 » by sashaturiaf » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:58 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:A merciful ending to one of the worst seasons I've ever experienced. I've been a fan since i was a kid starting in 1992, and never have I felt as bad about this franchise as I did this season and last.

This team had no business being in the playoffs. I would have taken our chances in the lottery to add talent, because outside of Claxton, Bridges, and Johnson we have none. I hope the folks here who snapped my head off are satisfied. We got humiliated and it is clear without Kevin Durant gifting this team a cushion, we wouldn't have even made the playoffs.

It's hard to be optimistic. We have 3 good players, none of them all stars. We are capped out and who knows what will happen with Ben. We can't even tank next season because Houston has our pick. Vaughn will be back, which leaves a lot to be desired.

The bright side...we've got assets to make moves. But frankly, I don't trust Marks. So, we'll see what happens, but i have no hopes or expectations with this franchise anymore. Those days are dead and gone.

Heartbreaking read. You're a true fan dollarbills and repped the Nets with pride on this site.

If Marks is still here come the start of free agency I'm done with this team. Some accountability is needed for the comedy of errors that we've witnessed over the past 2 years.

Thank you sasha but i don't even take pride in being a fan anymore. I was a die hard, i never missed watching games of this team. DC/Anderson/Drazen, Marbury, the Kidd years, etc. Win or lose i was all in. Hell. I watched every single game of the 12-70 season because i thought that better days were ahead...but that was a pipedream.

I should have taken the hint after what happened in the summer of 1993 that this was never going to go the way that i wanted. And I'm at peace with that now, and i don't care anymore.

At the end of the day it's entertainment, if it's not bringing joy then it's time to stop watching. However I think you won't step away and the board is better for it.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#75 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:00 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
It's Marks and Tsai for sure. How you go from scary hours to this in 1 year is a historic evel case study in mismanagement.

We didn't have the players to be anything more than a tanking team, the decision to try and win this season after the trades was just more mismanagement.

We know Tsai can't go but heads have to roll. Marks thanks for the memories but I its time to go.

I'm not sure how Vaughn is catching strays here. This is a no win situation. The fact that we managed to limp into the playoffs with an 11-13 record says to me Vaughn did the best that he could with this trash roster.

By a simple thing, he never put other guys in a position to contribute, maybe they were trash in practice but I saw otherwise in short minutes they got under Vaughn regime

1 Yuta - he was mostly solid with a little time he got

2 Sumner - he deserved all the minutes Joe and Seth got

3 CamT - that’s debatable, not sure about him , maybe he is straight up chucker maybe Vaughn killed his confidence enough that he become unplayable, time will tell with him

Vaughn is one trick pony , Give the Ball in Dinwiddie hands and live and die with him , and we died

Agree with you on Sumner. I'm not sure how he didn't get run when we could have used his speed and defense.

Yuta hasn't been much of a factor since KD left. I like him but he wasn't going to make a difference

Cam Thomas is wildly overrated on this board and he's a negative value player. He got his 6 points on 6 shots the other night for a -9. He wasn't going to do anything against the Sixers.

I don't want to come off as a Vaughn supporter. I would fire him today and offer Nick Nurse a huge bag. But this situation was a disaster and that isn't his fault.

Tsai, Marks, Kyrie and KD left us like this. They're the ones who should be getting lit up.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#76 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:02 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Revived wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Ps , I might add for me personally there was only 2 positive things this season

1 acquiring Mikal and Cam J

2 Claxton development

2b Sharpe got better

These are three good developments. I was baffled as to why Sharpe didn't get any run today, i think he can still be a good player.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#77 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:04 pm

Revived wrote:
NetsJets wrote:

Damian Lillard would be perfect. And one of his very favorite players in the league is on the Nets.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I'd be okay with Lillard if the cost isn't absurd. He's still a great player and is a good guy. I don't see us winning championships but at least we'd have a good core to root for in Lillard/Bridges/Claxton/Johnson. No headcases or cancers, just guys that wanna hoop

kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,934

Post#78 » by kuclas » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:11 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Revived wrote:
NetsJets wrote:Good role players and a secondary star. We need an elite scorer next to these guys.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I'd be okay with Lillard if the cost isn't absurd. He's still a great player and is a good guy. I don't see us winning championships but at least we'd have a good core to root for in Lillard/Bridges/Claxton/Johnson. No headcases or cancers, just guys that wanna hoop

As sixers fan. Nets just missing one alpha on offense. Great defensive team makeup. I think Bradley Beal can be had for cheap. He’s fine fit for
Brooklyn’s core defensive nucleus. Just pray Simmons can be somewhat normal again. Bridges and beal can provide enough offense.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,031

Post#79 » by NetsWorld » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:13 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Revived wrote:
NetsJets wrote:Good role players and a secondary star. We need an elite scorer next to these guys.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Nets can build with Dame like Suns built with Booker/Paul. You geet Dame, you already have Johnson/Bridges and you only need one more all-star. We need to cut the dead weight and balance the roster out. If we get Lillard, Nets won't stop there, I would expect at least another player, perhaps Brown. JB would be perfect with Dame and Briddges.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#80 » by sashaturiaf » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:15 pm

kuclas wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Revived wrote:Damian Lillard would be perfect. And one of his very favorite players in the league is on the Nets.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

As sixers fan. Nets just missing one alpha on offense. Great defensive team makeup. I think Bradley Beal can be had for cheap. He’s fine fit for
Brooklyn’s core defensive nucleus. Just pray Simmons can be somewhat normal again. Bridges and beal can provide enough offense.

That's where not tanking this season hurts us. If we offered a top 10 pick this season plus Ben and another future first for Beal I think the Wizards would seriously consider it.

Return to Brooklyn Nets