ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Warriors @ Nets 2/3 - 7:30 - The Search for Dangun Contiinues

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Decipher
Rookie
And1: 995

Re: GT: Warriors @ Nets 2/3 - 7:30 - The Search for Dangun Contiinues 

Post#61 » by Decipher » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:04 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:Now watch us beat the Mavs on the back end of the back to back. I’ll take it lol.

We’ve seen the same thing all season

No Simmons = bad lottery team

Given his limited availability, we need someone else who can run an offence
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,968

Post#62 » by Rich Rane » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:04 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
NetsJets wrote:This lineup is too small

Pretty sure Marks would read this as a sign for more guards.

I think he’s moved on to wings only. Maybe Yormark is back, saw a marketing opportunity and they’re transitioning to a name change, Brooklyn Red Bulls? :dontknow:

Should be Brooklyn Matadors to match this defense.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,448

Post#63 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:06 am

I was just gonna say, Steph turned it up for the popcorn. :lol:
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,075

Post#64 » by Netaman » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:06 am

Read on Twitter

hmm what could have impacted the whole lineup like this?
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,384

Post#65 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:11 am

Why are we getting people suspended here ? It’s to many of us or something ? :lol:
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#66 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:12 am

Rich Rane wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Pretty sure Marks would read this as a sign for more guards.

I think he’s moved on to wings only. Maybe Yormark is back, saw a marketing opportunity and they’re transitioning to a name change, Brooklyn Red Bulls? :dontknow:

Should be Brooklyn Matadors to match this defense.

Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#67 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:14 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:Why are we getting people suspended here ? It’s to many of us or something ? :lol:

I wouldn’t say we got someone suspended, seemed to do it to himself lol.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,968

Post#68 » by Rich Rane » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:15 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:Why are we getting people suspended here ? It’s to many of us or something ? :lol:

I was willing to move on. Someone else wasn't after a second chance and literally asked for a suspension. I merely obliged.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#69 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:17 am

Coaching sucks , front office sucks , players underperform, emotions run high

But we not supposed to ban people here , especially Nets fans

I didn’t even read what is this about , but Dangun was the person who started game threads here for quite a while , gave some life to this board

You didn't read what happened so you don't know what happened. Let this be the last we'll talk about it. All further posts about this will be considered derailing and will be deleted and met with possible suspensions. Like I said before, move on. Thanks.

- Rich
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,496

Post#70 » by Stone » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:19 am

The word frustrated was used at least a dozen times in the post game with Frank Isola. It was disappointing to see Claxton get tossed, but he deserved it. Obviously our players were not hitting shots, but JV had options and stubbornly chose not to use them.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#71 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:21 am

Decipher wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Now watch us beat the Mavs on the back end of the back to back. I’ll take it lol.

I gave up on Ben , I don’t necessarily blame him , he is just not healthy and I doubt he ever be

Maybe in a contract year :lol:
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Post#72 » by Eatgreenz » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:23 am

Netaman wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
Netaman wrote:
the issue wasnt camt making green unnecessary, it was do we really want more inefficient scorers who only impact games when they are running hot?

All I’m saying is, not only is Green the more complete player, he still has true star, borderline superstar potential, as unlikely as it is he hits the latter.

Cam T is just an elite scorer who tries unsuccessfully on defense, and has absolutely brutal tunnel vision, which I never see changing much. He not only doesn’t impact the game when he’s off, but he literally almost singlehandedly shoots you out of it.

I get he’s only 22 and has room to grow, but he’ll almost certainly always be a blinders on gunner.

I try so hard to get pumped for him, but my opinion hasn’t changed much overall, you trade him immediately for an upgrade, or on draft night for a lotto pick, before the potential label has lost it’s luster, the contract extension comes and the games start to matter a lot more.

I think it’s **** ing laughable a lot of Nets fans have been saying he’s similar to Maxey lately.

but but but look at the record when cam starts!!!!

jk we agree on cam, which is why im a pass if the best piece for bridges is has a 53% ts% in year 3. id much sooner just trade cam + din + the late first they can get for dfs for murray.

Exactly take those games out when Ben played CamT record is the same if he starts or off the bench. Ben playing is the only reason CamT starting can be a thing. You can not build a team around a 6'2 sg he can be a piece but some foundational trade everyone build around him stop it.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#73 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:28 am

Eatgreenz wrote:
Netaman wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:All I’m saying is, not only is Green the more complete player, he still has true star, borderline superstar potential, as unlikely as it is he hits the latter.

Cam T is just an elite scorer who tries unsuccessfully on defense, and has absolutely brutal tunnel vision, which I never see changing much. He not only doesn’t impact the game when he’s off, but he literally almost singlehandedly shoots you out of it.

I get he’s only 22 and has room to grow, but he’ll almost certainly always be a blinders on gunner.

I try so hard to get pumped for him, but my opinion hasn’t changed much overall, you trade him immediately for an upgrade, or on draft night for a lotto pick, before the potential label has lost it’s luster, the contract extension comes and the games start to matter a lot more.

I think it’s **** ing laughable a lot of Nets fans have been saying he’s similar to Maxey lately.

jk we agree on cam, which is why im a pass if the best piece for bridges is has a 53% ts% in year 3. id much sooner just trade cam + din + the late first they can get for dfs for murray.

Exactly take those games out when Ben played CamT record is the same if he starts or off the bench. Ben playing is the only reason CamT starting can be a thing. You can not build a team around a 6'2 sg he can be a piece but some foundational trade everyone build around him stop it.

Am wondering at this point if he is the piece that will push through the Murray trade while only sending out a lotto protected 1st and Dinwiddie, and if so if the FO feels the same and includes him?

I’m conflicted on Murray as well, he feels like a bit of a polarizing person behind the scenes, but on the court he seems like he has his teammates backs and a ton of passion for the game.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#74 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:29 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Decipher wrote:

I gave up on Ben , I don’t necessarily blame him , he is just not healthy and I doubt he ever be

Maybe in a contract year :lol:

Same haha. He is so impactful even with limited minutes the rare occasion he plays he makes you want to believe though.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,075

Post#75 » by Netaman » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:35 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:
Netaman wrote:

Am wondering at this point if he is the piece that will push through the Murray trade while only sending out a lotto protected 1st and Dinwiddie, and if so if the FO feels the same and includes him?

I’m conflicted on Murray as well, he feels like a bit of a polarizing person behind the scenes, but on the court he seems like he has his teammates backs and a ton of passion for the game.

yeah im in the same place. camt feels like a compromise that could get it done. awful fit next to trae (lol) and i dont think nets would do it, but i think he's a logical 'gotta give to get' piece.

i think nets will hold the line though and probably try to improve their offer some other way (probably with whatever DFS or Royce can bring back). Or just move on and get some other low cost PG for Dinwiddie (like Paul). Giving up a cheap/productive 22 year old is probably not the right call even if he's clearly got a bunch of flaws.
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 995

Post#76 » by Decipher » Tue Feb 6, 2024 8:50 am

Tomorrow could be ugly as we don’t have many healthy bodies
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 660

Post#77 » by NetsJets » Tue Feb 6, 2024 10:29 am

At least we get Ben back tomorrow. Hopefully Vaughn finds some minutes for Watford and Giles.

Return to Brooklyn Nets