ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Game Thread: Bobcats @ Nets (32)

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

How many minutes will Magloire play tonight?

6-10
67%
11-15
17%
16-20
17%

Total votes: 6

iceman3699
Senior
And1: 69

Post#61 » by iceman3699 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:46 am

^^ exactly what I was thinking

Mark Jackson asking VC bout the stache postgame was hilarious.
Adam1221
Sixth Man
And1: 397

Post#62 » by Adam1221 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:12 pm

Just finished watching the game, great win for us :)

1.DA once again having a great game, I told you guys he was a good pick up.
2.Vince having another great great game, he's early season struggles are officially over.
3.Man RJ once again got crazy in the 2nd half, after a disastorous 1st half(he missed an almost wide open lay up).
4.Another triple double for Kidd (what else is new?), its great to see his triple doubles not go to waste and or looking shallow like the ones he got when we lost a whole bunch of games.
5.Somebody HAS to youtube that Sean Williams facial on Okafor, that was just..........WOW!
6.Sooo many dunks, this is great :)
mack69
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#63 » by mack69 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:28 pm

Great game for us with DA as the spark plug on the defensive end. We would have done better if RJ wasnt sick with the flu. That messed up the first half rotation for Frank which had him out there in the second quarter with the second unit and that is usually when Carter start to get his shots.

To improve the perimeter we need Antoine back but he may not come back until next week.
The "Turnpike" deserve a NBA championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adam1221
Sixth Man

Post#64 » by Adam1221 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:02 pm

mack69 wrote:Great game for us with DA as the spark plug on the defensive end. We would have done better if RJ wasnt sick with the flu. That messed up the first half rotation for Frank which had him out there in the second quarter with the second unit and that is usually when Carter start to get his shots.

To improve the perimeter we need Antoine back but he may not come back until next week.

I dont wanna sound like an ass or something but really now Antoine aside from his hot start has been playing pretty badly this season.
S.I.C. GM
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#65 » by S.I.C. GM » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:35 pm

Adam1221 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I dont wanna sound like an ass or something but really now Antoine aside from his hot start has been playing pretty badly this season.

Dont worry! We dont need him to score 20 pts. He is going to help the D and hit the occasional open shot. The bench will only get better. Once Nenad comes back. I hope Frank doesnt try to start him. Imagine a bench of:

Boki
DA
M. Will
Nenad
Wright
Collins
Allen
Mags

That is one of the best benchs in the NBA.
SIC
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#66 » by halfHAVOC » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:36 pm

[quote="S.I.C. GM"][/quote]

agreed.

especially if nenad comes off the bench, my god we will own think about it.

krstic as teh 6th man, so krstic + wright + mwill/darell + boki so u basically have krstic in hte post and mid range for offense, boki poppin it long range, and wright slashing/shooting , and u got mwill or darell controlling the game, you could even go small, magloire isn't bad and collins is doin better.

we can do it!!!!!
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
jerseyjac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34

Post#67 » by jerseyjac » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:06 pm

We came back in the 2nd half to score 60pts...pretty amazing considering we ony scored 42pts in the first half...
mack69
Pro Prospect

Post#68 » by mack69 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:23 pm

Adam1221 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Just the energy on defense and the occaissional slashes to basket. it is ok to pessimistic with the way we have played so far.
mack69
Pro Prospect

Post#69 » by mack69 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:41 pm

Some things to vent about!!!!!!!!!!

I am not happy with Boki three point shooting this year. Excuse me we are waiting for you to get hot please.

Between RJ and Boki just because they throw you the ball doesn't mean you have to shoot all the time. Try following the captain and work on the assists column on the stat sheet. If they both try to do more of this it makes harder on the other team to defend.

oh yeah Rod for now if we can get the post player please get me one player who can shoot the three. Not signing house was a bad move especially when he wanted to be here!
S.I.C. GM
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#70 » by S.I.C. GM » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:58 pm

mack69 wrote:Some things to vent about!!!!!!!!!!

I am not happy with Boki three point shooting this year. Excuse me we are waiting for you to get hot please.

Between RJ and Boki just because they throw you the ball doesn't mean you have to shoot all the time. Try following the captain and work on the assists column on the stat sheet. If they both try to do more of this it makes harder on the other team to defend.

oh yeah Rod for now if we can get the post player please get me one player who can shoot the three. Not signing house was a bad move especially when he wanted to be here!

I think the issue with Boki is that every game he is playing out of position. He mostly has played the 4 this year. To me this is not his natural position. He has to to defend the opposing PF. This leads to foul trouble and fatigue because the opposing player out weighs and out muscles him.
SIC
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,969

Post#71 » by Rich Rane » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:31 pm

Frank's Gameplan during this streak...

"Be better than them"

Seriously, we play like we don't have a plan and adjust in the second half. I'm not all against it, but we need to be more prepared during some of these games.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,496

Post#72 » by Stone » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:46 pm

I got to give Frank credit last night for sticking with RJ. I was yellin at the Tv to pull him out after I heard he was sick and wasn't hitting any of his shots. But he left him in and RJ poured it on later.

Props to DA....the guy brings it!
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,969

Post#73 » by Rich Rane » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:48 pm

Stone wrote:I got to give Frank credit last night for sticking with RJ. I was yellin at the Tv to pull him out after I heard he was sick and wasn't hitting any of his shots. But he left him in and RJ poured it on later.

I was getting a bit antsy that he was still in when he was throwing those bricks in the 4th, but Kidd and DA found him easily for those breaks. I also had to keep reminding myself he was sick and VC was on the bench.
Adam1221
Sixth Man

Post#74 » by Adam1221 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:01 pm

S.I.C. GM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Dont worry! We dont need him to score 20 pts. He is going to help the D and hit the occasional open shot. The bench will only get better. Once Nenad comes back. I hope Frank doesnt try to start him. Imagine a bench of:

Boki
DA
M. Will
Nenad
Wright
Collins
Allen
Mags

That is one of the best benchs in the NBA.

I agree, if you remember at the beggining of the season I made a topic called "Man this team is gonna be CRAZY in a couple of months" and in it I said that the thing is about this team is that it has a lot of wild cards, so far the following cards went right for us:

1.Sean Williams playing great and utilizing some of his potential.
2.Darell playing great despite his age.
3.Josh Boone's continued improvment and earning his minutes even though Frank made it somewhat clear at the beggining of the season that he originally wanted him to be our last big on the court.
4.Mallik is super clutch from the bench which is what we wanted from him.
5.Frank(eventually) learned that starting Collins and Allan is not the answer and decided to go with our younger frontcourt who have given this team some much needed help.
6.After a lousy start Vince is once again playing like an all star.
7.RJ, finally healthy again is playing like an all star for the first time in years.
8.After it seemed that Kidd wanted out of here, it seems that he's passion towards this club and winning is back and the locker room seems more united than ever.

Here are the cards that didnt go our way:

1.Mag's arguably our biggest offseason purchase is wasted on the bench and when he does get his minutes keeps forcing pointless and terrible shoots.
2.Health- once again(this time to a lesser extent though) this team was bitten by the injury bug Vince,Kidd,Noki,Nenad and Wright were all down at one point this season.

Remaining wild cards:

1.Will Nenad bounce back from injury?
2.Will M Williams bounce back from injury?
vince-carter15
Sophomore
And1: 52

Post#75 » by vince-carter15 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:30 pm

man if Frank started SWAT and BOONE from the beginning we wouldht have this stats..!!! **** Frank!! still a horrible coach
Rollydog
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#76 » by Rollydog » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:23 am

Don't understand Frank's fixation with Collins. Especially with Emeka off the floor. Now Nazr played good- Collins, much less Bill Russell, wasn't going stop him. Put Boone or Sean in there.

Also have more faith in them offensively. The ISO was awful for us, Frank should have stopped forcing it and looked for splits in the zone. We played great offensively the first 6 minutes of the game.

Sad thing is, we still would have lost. How much did they put up?

I don't know, it was a lot though. We need Antoine back badly. RJ doesn't have the lateral quickness to stay with elite perimeter guys and Kidd isn't expendable enough. BTW, congrats to the man with the stache for his third straight triple d.

Return to Brooklyn Nets