ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official Mikal Brooklyn Bridges Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

The Official Mikal Brooklyn Bridges Thread  

Post#1 » by Paradise » Thu Feb 9, 2023 12:48 pm

One of the candidates for MIP and DPOY for Phoenix and best wing defender in the league statically. The perfect wing fit next to Clax.

His latest games before the trade:

sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Re: Welcome Mikal Bridges 

Post#2 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Feb 9, 2023 12:58 pm

For better or worse he is the face of our franchise now.

Suns fans all seem to love him. Seems like a high character guy, never misses games , and also adds dimensions to his game every year.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,457

Post#3 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Feb 9, 2023 1:15 pm

Love Bridges, was one of my favorite prospects that draft.

Supercharged Kerry Kittles.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#4 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 9, 2023 1:20 pm

Suns fans love this guy, so I can't wait to get him on the court with Cam and Clax.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,079

Post#5 » by Netaman » Thu Feb 9, 2023 3:16 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:Love Bridges, was one of my favorite prospects that draft.

pretty good comp (nova!) but i think maybe selling him a little short. i think he's middleton.

if they reroute him for anything short of 'insane' i'll be more pissed at that deal than the kd deal. he's a legit piece on one of the best contracts in the nba. bridges >>>> og.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,031

Post#6 » by NetsWorld » Thu Feb 9, 2023 4:00 pm

Netaman wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Love Bridges, was one of my favorite prospects that draft.

pretty good comp (nova!) but i think maybe selling him a little short. i think he's middleton.

if they reroute him for anything short of 'insane' i'll be more pissed at that deal than the kd deal. he's a legit piece on one of the best contracts in the nba. bridges >>>> og.

Raptors are an interesting situation; OG wants to have an opportunity for himself; not quiet sure what to make of that, perhaps they keep OG and trade Siakam? Would Curry/O'Neal be enough? I think they would get a solid wingin O'Neal and a sharpshooter in Curry. Nets getting Siakam would make for an interesting team.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#7 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 4:04 pm

NetsWorld wrote:
Netaman wrote:

Raptors are an interesting situation; OG wants to have an opportunity for himself; not quiet sure what to make of that, perhaps they keep OG and trade Siakam? Would Curry/O'Neal be enough? I think they would get a solid wingin O'Neal and a sharpshooter in Curry. Nets getting Siakam would make for an interesting team.

me personally, i'm holding off any entertainment for Siakam... no need with no KD around. IMO
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
NetsWorld
Starter

Post#8 » by NetsWorld » Thu Feb 9, 2023 4:08 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
NetsWorld wrote:
Netaman wrote:

me personally, i'm holding off any entertainment for Siakam... no need with no KD around. IMO

Perhaps, but I truly believe this is a very SOFT REBUILD as opposed to a hard rebuild like in years past; I just can't see Marks/Tsai standing pat without going for another available star eventually. Don't kid yourself either, the Liberty became a WNBA powerhouse, Tsai will look to do it again with the Nets in perhaps another two years. This was done with the 24-25 FA in mind;
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#9 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 5:06 pm

NetsWorld wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
NetsWorld wrote:

Perhaps, but I truly believe this is a very SOFT REBUILD as opposed to a hard rebuild like in years past; I just can't see Marks/Tsai standing pat without going for another available star eventually. Don't kid yourself either, the Liberty became a WNBA powerhouse, Tsai will look to do it again with the Nets in perhaps another two years. This was done with the 24-25 FA in mind;

Siakam is a player, IMO, to add to an establish star... Leonard for example as they won the chip.

So to get Siakam we'd have to move picks, knowing Masai, lots of them.... while those picks could be used on a better player or actual superstar.

It's more worth it to me to obtain that superstar with the ammo(more for superstar than Siakam) that was used on Siakam.
The ModFather

NetsWorld
Starter

Post#10 » by NetsWorld » Thu Feb 9, 2023 5:42 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
NetsWorld wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:me personally, i'm holding off any entertainment for Siakam... no need with no KD around. IMO

Siakam is a player, IMO, to add to an establish star... Leonard for example as they won the chip.

So to get Siakam we'd have to move picks, knowing Masai, lots of them.... while those picks could be used on a better player or actual superstar.

It's more worth it to me to obtain that superstar with the ammo(more for superstar than Siakam) that was used on Siakam.

There aren't many superstars up and coming to move this picks for. Brown isn't a needle mover in terms of making you a championship contender by himself, you might need a Tatum type player.

All I know is with this plethora of picks Marks picked up, the team is looking for a major splash in either the 2024 offseason or 2025. Nets won't stay sellers for long. These are not the NJ Nets anymore.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 5:44 pm

NetsWorld wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
NetsWorld wrote:

There aren't many superstars up and coming to move this picks for. Brown isn't a needle mover in terms of making you a championship contender by himself, you might need a Tatum type player.

Absolutely right, so mentally I'm prepared for a couple of non contending seasons from us.

We went all in, blew that chance miserably, have to own it and withstand the repercussions....

Hopefully to build a better future via draft picks or FA signings/trades
The ModFather

NetsWorld
Starter

Post#12 » by NetsWorld » Thu Feb 9, 2023 5:46 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
NetsWorld wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Siakam is a player, IMO, to add to an establish star... Leonard for example as they won the chip.

Absolutely right, so mentally I'm prepared for a couple of non contending seasons from us.

We went all in, blew that chance miserably, have to own it and withstand the repercussions....

Tsai is not going to be in the business of rebuilding for long. Marks already mentioned what the purpose of them were yesterday, "we want flexibility to make moves" later on. Nets positioned themselves like they did following the 18-19 season, now it's a waiting game for the right stars.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,428

Post#13 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:58 pm

Welcome, Mikal! I've been in on you since the KD rumors started last summer, I'm glad you're a Net!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Paradise

Post#14 » by Paradise » Thu Feb 9, 2023 8:38 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
NetsWorld wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:me personally, i'm holding off any entertainment for Siakam... no need with no KD around. IMO

Siakam is a free agent in 2024. Perfect timing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,057

Post#15 » by Crives » Thu Feb 9, 2023 8:49 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=NxUEthfMO1N_jWDEfmEK_g
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#16 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 9, 2023 8:54 pm

NetsWorld wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
NetsWorld wrote:

Tsai is not going to be in the business of rebuilding for long. Marks already mentioned what the purpose of them were yesterday, "we want flexibility to make moves" later on. Nets positioned themselves like they did following the 18-19 season, now it's a waiting game for the right stars.

I have no issue with Tsai wanting to field championship caliber teams. that's the goal.

But for god's sake next time, please try to recruit well adjusted, mature adults that don't have serious psychological issues.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#17 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 9, 2023 8:57 pm

Crives wrote:
Read on Twitter

oh ho...

don't worry. we have a wide variety of bar hopping snowbunnies in BKN for Mikal to choose from. He'll be in good hands out here.

The food is a lot better too :)

let me stop, i've never been to Arizona. I imagine you guys are heavy into BBQ

Paradise

Post#18 » by Paradise » Thu Feb 9, 2023 9:01 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Crives wrote:
Read on Twitter

oh ho...

don't worry. we have a wide variety of bar hopping snowbunnies in BKN for Mikal to choose from. He'll be in good hands out here.

He will be fine with choosing from Manhattan women and jerk chicken with Pasta on Flatbush on a nightly basis. It’s going to be mentally tough considering it’s their first career trade but they will love it here.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#19 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 9, 2023 9:03 pm

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Crives wrote:
Read on Twitter

oh ho...

He will be fine with choosing from Manhattan women and jerk chicken with Pasta on Flatbush on a nightly basis. It’s going to be mentally tough considering it’s their first career trade but they will love it here.

i haven't had a good plate of jerk chicken and pasta in a minute. he's going to be living like a king out here.

3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#20 » by 3pt_chucker » Thu Feb 9, 2023 9:03 pm

Really hoping he can be a building block for the next 3-5 years.

A core of Cam T-Cam J-Bridges-Clax is really nice plus all the wing depth.

If the team can get a legit star (Top 10-15 player) that would be a sneaky contending team.

Return to Brooklyn Nets