Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Ben's back is completely f*cked 

Post#1 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:47 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=qy5QxKuR0mIg_XyDq9anCg&s=19

Jesus christ. This is why i don't care anymore. This franchise is cursed!!!!
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Re: Ben's back is completely f*cked 

Post#2 » by Eatgreenz » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:51 pm

Does anyone know if this is a serious thing or career threatening.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,497

Post#3 » by Stone » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:03 pm

A pinched nerve is a serious condition. It can cause a lot of pain. I feel bad for Ben, I hope he can recover. We are just going to have to wait to see what our medical staff determines is the best way to handle it.

:pray:
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#4 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:05 pm

Stone wrote:A pinched nerve is a serious condition. It can cause a lot of pain. I feel bad for Ben, I hope he can recover. We are just going to have to wait to see what our medical staff determines is the best way to handle it.

Yeah, i hope my post isn't misconstrued with me being upset at Ben, I'm not. He has no control over this and i hope he isn't in a lot of pain.

Everything that could have gone wrong, has gone wrong.

JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Post#5 » by JoseRizal » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:06 pm

How did the FO accepted a Harden trade with an incoming Ben on a bad back?
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#6 » by GTR11 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:19 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Stone wrote:A pinched nerve is a serious condition. It can cause a lot of pain. I feel bad for Ben, I hope he can recover. We are just going to have to wait to see what our medical staff determines is the best way to handle it.

Yeah, i hope my post isn't misconstrued with me being upset at Ben, I'm not. He has no control over this and i hope he isn't in a lot of pain.

Most Nets fans need to accept possibility that Ben is D. Rose 2.0. Washed up after rookie contract who peaked already. Only thing we can do is to cross our fingers and hope for better.

Since Marks created player friendly environment there was no other option but Ben for us. We did same with KD, D.LO and allowed others to get paid elsewhere they wanted.

Only player we did dirty was PowerGuard aka Bruce Brown who's balling in Denver right now.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#7 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:47 pm

JoseRizal wrote:How did the FO accepted a Harden trade with an incoming Ben on a bad back?

I'm curious too. How did Ben pass his physical?

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#8 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:48 pm

GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Most Nets fans need to accept possibility that Ben is D. Rose 2.0. Washed up after rookie contract who peaked already. Only thing we can do is to cross our fingers and hope for better.

Since Marks created player friendly environment there was no other option but Ben for us. We did same with KD, D.LO and allowed others to get paid elsewhere they wanted.

Only player we did dirty was PowerGuard aka Bruce Brown who's balling in Denver right now.

This might be the end for his career. The Nets might have to seriously consider waiving and stretching the rest of that contract.

Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,406

Post#9 » by Marvin Martian » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:36 am

Marks got fleeced on the Harden deal. Simmons is officially damaged goods that can't be traded.

The trade was essentially a James Harden for Seth Curry swap. :lol:
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,389

Post#10 » by Papi_swav » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:27 am

yea idk why we didn't get more picks in that deal, we literally traded like 6 picks for Harden and all we got back was 2 measly picks. We should of at least got 3 and a couple swaps but whatevvvs
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,934

Post#11 » by kuclas » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:44 am

Marvin Martian wrote:Marks got fleeced on the Harden deal. Simmons is officially damaged goods that can't be traded.

Harden was gonna to leave in off season anyways.

They got 2 unprotected first round picks (2022 or 2023 plus 2027) and Seth curry. That’s not a bad deal especially the 2027 unprotected pick.

Simmons injuries are weird at this point. He sits out a month and half with knee problems. And now as a back injury.

If a medical doctor orders enough tests on someone. Chances are they can find something wrong with your body.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#12 » by GTR11 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:12 am

kuclas wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:Marks got fleeced on the Harden deal. Simmons is officially damaged goods that can't be traded.

Harden was gonna to leave in off season anyways.

They got 2 unprotected first round picks (2022 or 2023 plus 2027) and Seth curry. That’s not a bad deal especially the 2027 unprotected pick.

Simmons injuries are weird at this point. He sits out a month and half with knee problems. And now as a back injury.

If a medical doctor orders enough tests on someone. Chances are they can find something wrong with your body.

It's complications after surgery he had. You don't have to be a Dr to know that if you have any clue or education.

Something went wrong. His body reacting to it.

Remember before KD trade I said Achilles tears finished many players in different sports. Well, Ben has muscular-skeleton issue. It affects his cns system to the point where he have spine of a 50yo women.

Nothing to be exited about here. Just wish him luck and fast recovery. For his own good, he should retire after his contract runs out.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#13 » by GTR11 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:27 am

Papi_swav wrote:yea idk why we didn't get more picks in that deal, we literally traded like 6 picks for Harden and all we got back was 2 measly picks. We should of at least got 3 and a couple swaps but whatevvvs

Out of all people posters here I expected less reactionary post from you buddy.

Marks/Tsai building player friendly environment with biggest market attached to it. In a long run as a business man ( I have no clue here what I'm saying ) that should bring you back some investment back.

We did real good by our players whose been here not named Kyrie and Brown ( Bruce is my own opinion ). Let's see how it will work out. Something is bruing in a year after.

Let me jinx it before I get my hopes high. It's LaMelo Ball and Brandon Ingram.

I think if we can snatch worst kept secret in Hendricks. Than we won this season and Marks just lucky SOB we should keep for the rest of his life. That guy is a Isaac at worst, combo of KG/Barkley type guy.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,603

Post#14 » by TheNetsFan » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:28 am

Ben has had impingement issues on and off throughout his career. The expectation was that the surgery he had last summer was supposed to alleviate it. While nobody can say for sure, it's possible if the back wasn't right it messed up his biomechanics which caused the knee issues. With the knee not being right it could have messed with the back.
Eatgreenz
Senior

Post#15 » by Eatgreenz » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:55 am

GTR11 wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:yea idk why we didn't get more picks in that deal, we literally traded like 6 picks for Harden and all we got back was 2 measly picks. We should of at least got 3 and a couple swaps but whatevvvs

Out of all people posters here I expected less reactionary post from you buddy.

Marks/Tsai building player friendly environment with biggest market attached to it. In a long run as a business man ( I have no clue here what I'm saying ) that should bring you back some investment back.

We did real good by our players whose been here not named Kyrie and Brown ( Bruce is my own opinion ). Let's see how it will work out. Something is bruing in a year after.

Let me jinx it before I get my hopes high. It's LaMelo Ball and Brandon Ingram.

I think if we can snatch worst kept secret in Hendricks. Than we won this season and Marks just lucky SOB we should keep for the rest of his life. That guy is a Isaac at worst, combo of KG/Barkley type guy.

I can really see lamelo happening. His made for nyc and perfect guard for this team.
Eatgreenz
Senior

Post#16 » by Eatgreenz » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:36 am

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/news-what-nerve-impingement-understnding-back-injury-put-ben-simmons-nba-career-stake
There is still positive outlook Ben can get right, Michael Porter Jr being the most recent example.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,938

Post#17 » by Karate Diop » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:35 am

It was clear he wasn't right this season both mentally and physically...
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#18 » by Paradise » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:11 pm

Eatgreenz wrote:Does anyone know if this is a serious thing or career threatening.

Very serious. It’s going to take rehab, possible surgery. No way he will be doing summer workouts.
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#19 » by Shark » Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:34 pm

Wish we had gotten around to finding this out sooner. His back had been an issue for a long time. It seems a bit strange that we're only just now finding this out. Hopefully he can recover from this.
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 996

Post#20 » by Decipher » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:41 am

Told you guys my experience with the same injury so this is no surprise to me

He should have been rehabbing and not being played as a 5 before Xmas

Return to Brooklyn Nets