ImageImageImageImageImage

Jaylen Brown reportedly unhappy in Boston - Perfect Nets trade target?

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

SergiuRoBuc
Freshman
And1: 24

Jaylen Brown reportedly unhappy in Boston - Perfect Nets trade target? 

Post#1 » by SergiuRoBuc » Tue Apr 4, 2023 1:16 pm

Rumors about Jaylen Brown being unhappy with the Celtics have intensified over the past few days, with SI and several other outlets reporting that the Houston Rockets would be very interested in getting him via a sign-and-trade. First of all, who wouldn't be interested in getting a player like him? And second, he's going to be an unrestricted free agent in 2024, so if the Celtics feel as though they might lose him, they would certainly begin entertaining trade offers this off-season.

BK could probably form one of the most appealing trade packages for Brown. Either several picks and an impactful player, or use some of those picks to trade for a guy Boston wants in a three team deal. It's definitely doable and maybe I'm wrong but he seems like the type of all-star caliber player (on both ends) that would fit in great with this roster. I mean.. a lot better than Dame or Beal or any of the other names getting thrown around.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,031

Re: Jaylen Brown reportedly unhappy in Boston - Perfect Nets trade target? 

Post#2 » by NetsWorld » Tue Apr 4, 2023 2:35 pm

Getting Brown is a risk for the Nets, depends on how the Nets pull it off; they can always do a sign and trade. We have the assets to make it work but we NEED that commitment from Mr.Brown that he wants to be here. Brown/Bridges would be super dynamic.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#3 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Apr 4, 2023 2:46 pm

Don't think Brown would play with or for Tsai?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#4 » by Keith Van Horn » Tue Apr 4, 2023 2:57 pm

The potential of Bridges/Brown is pretty immense I'd think, on both sides of the court. But the commitment thing is huge.
I think Tsai would have to have immediate say in this given the things Brown has said in the past... it would have to get hashed out somehow.

But I still think top priority is to get a guard this offseason.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#5 » by GTR11 » Tue Apr 4, 2023 5:47 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:Don't think Brown would play with or for Tsai?

When the last time top 15 player was traded within the division. Has more to do with Saltics rather Brown and Nets.

If anything we got cap space to sign him as a FA. Something Miami and ATL won't have.

Also Bob pointed out on ND that Bridges contract not being max allows Nets to go for two max players beside Ben. Interesting point there.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#6 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Apr 4, 2023 6:15 pm

GTR11 wrote:

When the last time top 15 player was traded within the division. Has more to do with Saltics rather Brown and Nets.

If anything we got cap space to sign him as a FA. Something Miami and ATL won't have.

Also Bob pointed out on ND that Bridges contract not being max allows Nets to go for two max players beside Ben. Interesting point there.

When is there that open cap space? Starting this coming offseason?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#7 » by GTR11 » Tue Apr 4, 2023 6:34 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

When is there that open cap space? Starting this coming offseason?

During his FA. After next season, we only got 78m committed.

This is why it's important to get into that Mavs or Tragic trade trade during draft night. Player like Taylor Hendricks or Anthony Black give us options to move CamJ and CamT with pick along to have all that cap space.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#8 » by GTR11 » Tue Apr 4, 2023 6:54 pm

Also, i'm not saying Saltics wont do the trade with Nets if certain circumstances occur. We did get VC from Craptors. Just saying it's very unlikely thing to happen.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#9 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 4, 2023 7:50 pm

Brown hates Joe Tsai, so unless there's some come to jesus moment that happens, i don't see it. Also, what will be the cost? Bridges and Claxton are off limits.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#10 » by Papi_swav » Tue Apr 4, 2023 7:55 pm

He'll sign to us in 2024 just like Kyrie did. He knows Brooklyn is a much better place and where he belongs.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#11 » by 3pt_chucker » Tue Apr 4, 2023 11:10 pm

The "Brown hates Joe Tsai" is so overblown and just sounds like Nets twitter circle jerk. They've been soo wrong about many things, I've lost count/stop listening to most of them.

Also Boston has the ability to pay him much more than the Nets(super max) if he makes All-NBA this season, so if that happens Boston won't even entertain trading him (unless he explicitly asks out), just so they can offer it too him, which I doubt he'd turn down that kind of money.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#12 » by GTR11 » Tue Apr 4, 2023 11:37 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:The "Brown hates Joe Tsai" is so overblown and just sounds like Nets twitter circle jerk. They've been soo wrong about many things, I've lost count/stop listening to most of them.

Also Boston has the ability to pay him much more than the Nets(super max) if he makes All-NBA this season, so if that happens Boston won't even entertain trading him (unless he explicitly asks out), just so they can offer it too him, which I doubt he'd turn down that kind of money.

That's the only thing that going Saltic way. Seem like you not taking into account the fact that trade rumors finally got to him. He openly sounded of on it and it was on ESPN front page. Now he spoke about what he thinks about Boston/New England area.

He and his family have more than enough money now. It's about satisfying their egos now. Him being Atlanta area speak values if we being 100.

Will he consider biggest market. No doubt, but I think it'll be cross town team.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,458

Post#13 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Apr 5, 2023 8:00 am

Brown and Bridges would be super interesting. I think you need a true point guard at that point though to legitimately contend. Doesn’t have to be a true star, or a double digit assist guy, but you need a Fred Vanvleet, almost specifically, out of any truly realistic post-Brown-trade options.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#14 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 5, 2023 11:32 am

3pt_chucker wrote:The "Brown hates Joe Tsai" is so overblown and just sounds like Nets twitter circle jerk. They've been soo wrong about many things, I've lost count/stop listening to most of them.

I dunno, it's not often you see a player openly call out the owner of another team by name.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
GTR11
RealGM

Post#15 » by GTR11 » Thu Apr 6, 2023 6:31 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

I dunno, it's not often you see a player openly call out the owner of another team by name.

He's one of the NBAPA reps. Dolan, Gores, Sterling, Jordan, Rainsdorf etc owners also got criticism from NBAPA reps. It happens every now and than. You know what Brown said about Saltics FO office and owner... look it up, does it mean he will leave them during FA? Will he demand a trade? These speculations about him ain't coming out of nowhere. Here Brown just has Kyrie's back ( props to him ) and taking it a little further due to personal relationship.

Did Tsai held something against Kyrie... absolutely. That's why he is on the Mavs and not the Lakers. Let's not forget that Lakers were willing to give up 2027 and 29 unprotected picks for Kyrie just before season started. I can guarantee you that same offer was held in place around trade deadline. Why? Because of KD trade. These type of trades take more time than usual trades with below top 10-15 players. Now we have situation where Kyrie can't get full 5 year max and Lakers need to move Mo Bamba to get him 4 year max deal. If it's not big F*** YOU to Kyrie than I'm not sure what is.

That's why I keep telling most here that they should hold their hot takes about Marks. We don't know how much Tsai impacting into his plans. Me, I think Steve Trash was Joe Tsai hire for sure. You won't find closer friends than those two. ND has in depth story about them that even most die hard fans didn't know. Pull it like this, even after Trash left, Tsai and Nash attended lacrosse and golf games together not even two weeks after breakup.

I don't want Brown on this team so I can care less. I more interested in Ingram and LaMelo situations. Twitter has rumors that those two will prefer different situations than current once. And if Kyrie walks ( he will imo ) to LA this off-season, than maybe we can start Luka to BK hopes up ( fingers crossed ). Cap space ( management/flexibility/assets ) will be worth a lot in couple years. Let's see what Marks cooking and go from there. Right now we need to practice patience and sober mind. For those who want to complain, go beat up on Ben Simmons like everyone else does.

Sorry for the long post. It's just we got some amazing people here who come into phenomenal conclusions :lol:

Return to Brooklyn Nets