ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets vs. Timberwolves

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,938

GT: Nets vs. Timberwolves 

Post#1 » by Karate Diop » Wed Apr 5, 2023 12:18 am

Cod damn Cam gonna get himself benched again at this rate...
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,392

Re: GT: Nets vs. Timberwolves 

Post#2 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed Apr 5, 2023 12:29 am

Cam T terrible
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,392

Post#3 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed Apr 5, 2023 12:37 am

Like this version of Dinwiddie, probably his best half of basketball as a Net , he wants to win badly and is visible , he is actually solid on defense when he tries
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#4 » by 3pt_chucker » Wed Apr 5, 2023 12:56 am

Dinwiddie has definitely figured out how to pick his spots better and has allowed Bridges and to a lesser extent Cam Johnson to flourish.

I gotta say I like what JV is doing for the most part but I just will never understand these Seth Curry mins.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#5 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Apr 5, 2023 1:22 am

That's team ball movement I root for
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,938

Post#6 » by Karate Diop » Wed Apr 5, 2023 1:47 am

I really would have liked Bridges to get the last shot instead of Dinwiddie twice... This is probably one of the few instances Seth would have been useful as well...

Oh well. The Timberwolves aren't bad, and their size advantage poses a serious challenge for the Nets. Not that disappointed all things considered...
3pt_chucker
Head Coach

Post#7 » by 3pt_chucker » Wed Apr 5, 2023 1:47 am

Take back the good things I said about JV. Teaching tape for bad coaching.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,126

Post#8 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 5, 2023 1:50 am

Why are we featuring Dinwiddie in crunch time and taking the ball out of Bridges' hands?

That 4th quarter was baffling. Why is Bridges watching Dinwiddie dribble the air out of the ball?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,405

Post#9 » by Marvin Martian » Wed Apr 5, 2023 1:51 am

Cam J is an offensive liability. Can't take advantage of mismatches against bigs or smalls. MIN was hiding Conley on Johnson multiple times and he couldn't take advantage. He will get exposed in the playoffs
3pt_chucker
Head Coach

Post#10 » by 3pt_chucker » Wed Apr 5, 2023 1:52 am

Offense down the stretch was all Dinwiddie and no one else. Took out Clax for no real reason and got repeatedly cooked by KAT. Ok fine, but then why not use the speed of a smaller lineup to double/stunt etc instead of having Royce on an island.

Got lucky on a Conley miss and called the ATO play was even a play. Literally throw into Dinwiddie off zero actions to free him up so he has to hoist contested garbage(he was fouled but refs rarely call that)

Coaching that just doesn't allow the team to win in close margin scenarios or elevates the talent of the players. Will probably be swept by Philly(not that they were gonna win the series)
JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Post#11 » by JoseRizal » Wed Apr 5, 2023 1:53 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Why are we featuring Dinwiddie in crunch time and taking the ball out of Bridges' hands?

That 4th quarter was baffling. Why is Bridges watching Dinwiddie dribble the air out of the ball?

He didn't even got the opportunity to touch the ball. Spencer became very predictable the last few seconds, which resulted to bad shot selection.
JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Post#12 » by JoseRizal » Wed Apr 5, 2023 1:55 am

We need a closer badly, Dinwiddie won't cut it. Would've at least see Mikal tried, but he wasn't given an opportunity to do so.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach

Post#13 » by 3pt_chucker » Wed Apr 5, 2023 1:58 am

What other coach leaves his best defender on the bench when a stop is needed?

If the Nets had a coach like Nick Nurse, this team would look so much better.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#14 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Apr 5, 2023 2:05 am

Great thing we have JV locked up... God forbid he actually has good coaching moments, got lucky signing him only to an extension
The ModFather

Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,405

Post#15 » by Marvin Martian » Wed Apr 5, 2023 2:05 am

3pt_chucker wrote:What other coach leaves his best defender on the bench when a stop is needed?

?
KAT is arguably the best 3pt shooting big in the NBA. You put in Clax and KAT will just park behind the 3 pt line, giving Edwards a free lane to the basket
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#16 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Apr 5, 2023 2:06 am

But yea echoing everyone else, felt it was too much Dinwiddie and no ball movement. Bridges should've gotten a crack but who cares from JV eyes?

He relying too much on previous relationships
The ModFather

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,126

Post#17 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 5, 2023 2:11 am

JoseRizal wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Why are we featuring Dinwiddie in crunch time and taking the ball out of Bridges' hands?

He didn't even got the opportunity to touch the ball. Spencer became very predictable the last few seconds, which resulted to bad shot selection.

The team should be calling plays and running off ball action to free Bridges up. That entire 4th quarter was garbage.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#18 » by gigantes » Wed Apr 5, 2023 2:13 am

3pt_chucker wrote:Offense down the stretch was all Dinwiddie and no one else. Took out Clax for no real reason and got repeatedly cooked by KAT. Ok fine, but then why not use the speed of a smaller lineup to double/stunt etc instead of having Royce on an island.

Got lucky on a Conley miss and called the ATO play was even a play. Literally throw into Dinwiddie off zero actions to free him up so he has to hoist contested garbage(he was fouled but refs rarely call that)

Coaching that just doesn't allow the team to win in close margin scenarios or elevates the talent of the players. Will probably be swept by Philly(not that they were gonna win the series)

Not saying you're wrong, but their starters are arguably WAY better than ours. And sometimes, that's how that works. In sum-- they're currently the better team, loss or no loss.

JoseRizal wrote:We need a closer badly, Dinwiddie won't cut it. Would've at least see Mikal tried, but he wasn't given an opportunity to do so.

Not disagreeing with y'all in the slightest, but in this case, we're pretty much blowing our tops over the fact that a weirdly, hastily-built squad is as shaky as it seems.

Mateys-- we're not *really* going to know what this team is capable of until after this summer, when the missing pieces get added.

After that, SURE, it will be the right time to go all Scorched Erff. :D
3pt_chucker
Head Coach

Post#19 » by 3pt_chucker » Wed Apr 5, 2023 2:17 am

Marvin Martian wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:What other coach leaves his best defender on the bench when a stop is needed?

?
KAT is arguably the best 3pt shooting big in the NBA. You put in Clax and KAT will just park behind the 3 pt line, giving Edwards a free lane to the basket

?? Much rather KAT shoot a heavily contested 3 over Clax than backing Royce down below the rim for an easy 2.

Nets were also doing a decent job at defending ANT all game and mostly limited him to tough shots.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#20 » by MGrand15 » Wed Apr 5, 2023 2:19 am

Marvin Martian wrote:

?

Clax is literally our best perimeter defender.

Return to Brooklyn Nets