ImageImageImageImageImage

Joe Harris Traded To Detroit With Two 2nds For TPE

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Re: Joe Harris Traded To Detroit With Two 2nds For TPE 

Post#21 » by gigantes » Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:11 pm

I'm glad we got rid of Joe, because he's just not the same after his injuries, and it brought good things in return. More Marks magic, and I love it.

But I'm also glad we got rid of him so that I don't have to listen any more to whiners unfairly calling him a choker, always ignoring the context of the situation.

Also I'm simply proud of Joe for doing just about everything he could do maximise his modest (by NBA standards) athletic talents, and rounding out his game beyond his jump-shooting. It's too bad his prime was fairly short, but it was still impressive given that late 2nd-rounders rarely make it, much less become starters and league leaders.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#22 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:14 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:btw, this does tell me we're resigning Cam J to an unhealthy deal IMO.... clearing space for it? seems so

unless its for Donovan Mitchell... ha!

I think the opposite. I think the Detroit stuff was bluster. They were never serious about offering 4/$100mil. Teams are being very conservative with their money in FA. We're seeing good players opting in to what were thought of as below market deals, because presumably, the money won't be there for them in fee agency. Earlier in the offseason, we heard the Nets were comfortable offering 4/$84mil. My guess is the deal ends up closer to there than 4/$100mil.
Tha King
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#23 » by Tha King » Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:22 pm

Great trade. Harris was no longer a consistent rotation player and now you have far more flexibility.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,106

Post#24 » by therealbig3 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:00 pm

gigantes wrote:I'm glad we got rid of Joe, because he's just not the same after his injuries, and it brought good things in return. More Marks magic, and I love it.

But I'm also glad we got rid of him so that I don't have to listen any more to whiners unfairly calling him a choker, always ignoring the context of the situation.

Also I'm simply proud of Joe for doing just about everything he could do maximise his modest (by NBA standards) athletic talents, and rounding out his game beyond his jump-shooting. It's too bad his prime was fairly short, but it was still impressive given that late 2nd-rounders rarely make it, much less become starters and league leaders.

Not sure what context you're talking about. He was consistently getting open looks, even in these last playoffs, and he kept missing.

It's not like we asked him to be an on-ball playmaker or be a 2nd option all of a sudden. Even in the Milwaukee series a couple years ago, he was simply asked to be a spot up shooter who was still getting plenty of good looks...kept missing.

He shot 24% from 3 in the last 5 games against Milwaukee. Literally shot 8% from 3 in these last playoffs against Philadelphia. That's just laughably bad, and there's no context that's really relevant there...he was getting the same looks he always gets.
bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 931

Post#25 » by bubonicphoniks » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:14 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
gigantes wrote:I'm glad we got rid of Joe, because he's just not the same after his injuries, and it brought good things in return. More Marks magic, and I love it.

Not sure what context you're talking about. He was consistently getting open looks, even in these last playoffs, and he kept missing.

It's not like we asked him to be an on-ball playmaker or be a 2nd option all of a sudden. Even in the Milwaukee series a couple years ago, he was simply asked to be a spot up shooter who was still getting plenty of good looks...kept missing.

He shot 24% from 3 in the last 5 games against Milwaukee. Literally shot 8% from 3 in these last playoffs against Philadelphia. That's just laughably bad, and there's no context that's really relevant there...he was getting the same looks he always gets.
Not sure the context he is referring to either. He was also a defensive liability. I didn't really see him as a culture guy either its not like he was stepping up and taking accountability or doing lots in the commmunity that I know of but I could be wrong.

I like Joe wish him well.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,329

Post#26 » by Papi_swav » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:18 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:btw, this does tell me we're resigning Cam J to an unhealthy deal IMO.... clearing space for it? seems so

unless its for Donovan Mitchell... ha!

trading Joe Harris lessens the chances of Detroit offering him a crazy contract offer which was rumored. I think only like 4-5 teams have around 25M in cap space so this one trade helps our chances to re sign Cam J outright for a reasonable offer. Hopefully the 4 teams left with alot of cap space don't offer him something crazy
MaxZaslofskyJr
Rookie
And1: 671
Location: Teaneck, Long Island, Piscataway, Meadowlands, Newark, Brooklyn

Post#27 » by MaxZaslofskyJr » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:30 pm

My wife and I will miss yelling "Lucious" every time he hit a three! (don't ask)
Les Selvage pioneered today's "modern basketball" in 1967.
gigantes
Starter

Post#28 » by gigantes » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:45 pm

bubonicphoniks wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:

Not sure the context he is referring to either. He was also a defensive liability. I didn't really see him as a culture guy either its not like he was stepping up and taking accountability or doing lots in the commmunity that I know of but I could be wrong.

I'm not gonna say you guys have short memories, but I've answered all this stuff many times before while you yourselves were right there in the threads, reading along.

For example in various replies here:
viewtopic.php?t=2237638&start=60

And plenty of other posts and threads through the years, if you want reminders:
https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fforums.realgm.com%2Fboards%2F+gigantes+%22Joe+Harris%22

Look particularly for what I said about Nash overplaying him the second time Harris failed in the playoffs, using all relevant statistics.

Yeah, so I'm not going to waste more time on this, and I *highly* doubt you're going to shift your POV, so this is going to be my final reply out of probably a dozen or so on this specific topic. Good luck.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,329

Post#29 » by Papi_swav » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:50 pm

MaxZaslofskyJr wrote:My wife and I will miss yelling "Lucious" every time he hit a three! (don't ask)

Lucious Harris?
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#30 » by Sharcm1 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:56 pm

So no more Joe, curry and yuta. Who shoots on this team?
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,071

Post#31 » by Netaman » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:59 pm

Sharcm1 wrote:So no more Joe, curry and yuta. Who shoots on this team?

cam johnson and bridges to start, but it's a valid question. royce and dfs can shoot but not on that level.

monte morris is a career 39% from 3 guy.

i am not expecting it but it wouldnt totally shock me if seth came back if his market is cold. he is a good player.
MaxZaslofskyJr
Rookie
And1: 671
Location: Teaneck, Long Island, Piscataway, Meadowlands, Newark, Brooklyn

Post#32 » by MaxZaslofskyJr » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:08 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
MaxZaslofskyJr wrote:My wife and I will miss yelling "Lucious" every time he hit a three! (don't ask)

Lucious Harris?

Yeah. My wife was a big fan of his.
Les Selvage pioneered today's "modern basketball" in 1967.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#33 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:40 pm

Yea we have no shooters lol
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#34 » by Sharcm1 » Sat Jul 1, 2023 1:55 am

Seth signed with the mavs
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#35 » by therealbig3 » Sat Jul 1, 2023 3:31 am

gigantes wrote:
bubonicphoniks wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:Not sure what context you're talking about. He was consistently getting open looks, even in these last playoffs, and he kept missing.

I'm not gonna say you guys have short memories, but I've answered all this stuff many times before while you yourselves were right there in the threads, reading along.

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fforums.realgm.com%2Fboards%2F+gigantes+%22Joe+Harris%22

Look particularly for what I said about Nash overplaying him the second time Harris failed in the playoffs, using all relevant statistics.

Yeah, so I'm not going to waste more time on this, and I *highly* doubt you're going to shift your POV, so this is going to be my final reply out of probably a dozen or so on this specific topic. Good luck.

Meh, Nash overplaying him is a ridiculous cop out imo. It's the playoffs, we had injuries, and he was our 4th best player during the RS, of course he's going to play big minutes. The quality of shots he was getting were the exact same shots he was getting throughout the season. Yes, fatigue is a factor, but that's not a good enough reason to go from 48% from 3 to 24% in the most important 5 games of the season, a 5 game stretch that we went 1-4 in and blew a 2-0 and 3-2 series lead.

We can clamor "overplayed" all we want, but he needed to hit some shots and he didn't. And it was a consistent theme with him every single playoffs. Them's the facts.
gigantes
Starter

Post#36 » by gigantes » Sat Jul 1, 2023 4:56 am

therealbig3 wrote:
gigantes wrote:
bubonicphoniks wrote:Not sure the context he is referring to either. He was also a defensive liability. I didn't really see him as a culture guy either its not like he was stepping up and taking accountability or doing lots in the commmunity that I know of but I could be wrong.

Meh, Nash overplaying him is a ridiculous cop out imo. It's the playoffs, we had injuries, and he was our 4th best player during the RS, of course he's going to play big minutes. The quality of shots he was getting were the exact same shots he was getting throughout the season. Yes, fatigue is a factor, but that's not a good enough reason to go from 48% from 3 to 24% in the most important 5 games of the season, a 5 game stretch that we went 1-4 in and blew a 2-0 and 3-2 series lead.

We can clamor "overplayed" all we want, but he needed to hit some shots and he didn't. And it was a consistent theme with him every single playoffs. Them's the facts.

Exactly. You had your idiot chance to try to understand, and you chose to cling to being a doofus.

Go away, little boy, and try not to bother me ever again.
THANK YOU.

Enough with this schtick. It's old and tiresome. Come back tomorrow with a different attitude.

- Rich
bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 931

Post#37 » by bubonicphoniks » Sat Jul 1, 2023 5:21 am

gigantes wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
gigantes wrote:I'm not gonna say you guys have short memories, but I've answered all this stuff many times before while you yourselves were right there in the threads, reading along.

Exactly. You had your idiot chance to try to understand, and you chose to cling to being a doofus.

THANK YOU.
Your attitude on this is rediculous man. Youre posting on a public forum then telling people to leave you alone and you wont be responding. Isnt the whole point of this to discuss things?
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#38 » by 3pt_chucker » Sat Jul 1, 2023 5:30 am

Netaman wrote:
GYK wrote:TPE’s that won’t likely be used. Don’t we got til the 1st to use the 18M TPE?

way premature to say they won't be used. 1 for someone like murray, if they somehow pull off the dame trade they can be used to add 2 more pieces around him, this one generated from harris will be good through next year's draft and start of FA so who knows what opens up.

Meh. The TPE is always hyped up as some huge asset but is rarely every really used to get a back a huge asset.

Plus why trade for Murray when he's not really a needle mover, particularly with the current roster?
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Joe Harris Traded To Detroit With Two 2nds For TPE 

Post#39 » by Paradise » Sat Jul 1, 2023 5:53 am

3pt_chucker wrote:
Netaman wrote:
GYK wrote:TPE’s that won’t likely be used. Don’t we got til the 1st to use the 18M TPE?

way premature to say they won't be used. 1 for someone like murray, if they somehow pull off the dame trade they can be used to add 2 more pieces around him, this one generated from harris will be good through next year's draft and start of FA so who knows what opens up.

Meh. The TPE is always hyped up as some huge asset but is rarely every really used to get a back a huge asset.

Plus why trade for Murray when he's not really a needle mover, particularly with the current roster?

He’s a perfect fit next to Mikal and Nic. He is a lead guard in SA and he didn’t get that in Atlanta next to Trae.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#40 » by therealbig3 » Sat Jul 1, 2023 5:56 am

gigantes wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
gigantes wrote:I'm not gonna say you guys have short memories, but I've answered all this stuff many times before while you yourselves were right there in the threads, reading along.

THANK YOU.

Nobody actually talks like this. I get that you're trying to sound smart and condescending, but you can't even do that right.

I'm disappointed. Almost as disappointed as I am in Joe Harris every playoffs.

Return to Brooklyn Nets