ImageImageImageImageImage

Armoni Brooks signed to 2 way

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,071

Armoni Brooks signed to 2 way 

Post#1 » by Netaman » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:49 pm

Riquan Gray waived as well. Shot the lights out in Summer League and was a good shooter at Memphis. They needed some shooting ability after moving on from Harris/Mills/Curry so hopefully he or Wilson or Whitehead can eventually be part of that answer.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 327

Re: Armoni Brooks signed to 2 way 

Post#2 » by JKiddy » Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:34 pm

J Kiddy approves of this message.

I can see him playing minutes for us this season. Wilson and Brooks are two solid bench players for us this and next season. I can see one of them starting for us soon when needed.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#3 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:06 pm

Pleased with move, best of luck Armoni!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,071

Post#4 » by Netaman » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:06 pm

JKiddy wrote:J Kiddy approves of this message.

I can see him playing minutes for us this season. Wilson and Brooks are two solid bench players for us this and next season. I can see one of them starting for us soon when needed.

yeah I think Wilson is going to be a better version of Kessler Edwards. Much more dynamic with the ball in his hands, similar sized wing, and I think it's possible he shoots and defends better too. I think that was a real find.

Brooks is sort of like when they first grabbed Harris or Kilpatrick. I could see either outcome. If he's shooting it confidently like he did in summer league he can become a real nice piece. Or maybe he's just a g-league all star like kilpatrick who is going to bounce around a lot because the shot is just average. For now he's probably just a placeholder that's more ready to contribute while we wait for Whitehead to get acclimated to the NBA.
Tha King
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#5 » by Tha King » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:53 pm

Netaman wrote:

yeah I think Wilson is going to be a better version of Kessler Edwards. Much more dynamic with the ball in his hands, similar sized wing, and I think it's possible he shoots and defends better too. I think that was a real find.

Brooks is sort of like when they first grabbed Harris or Kilpatrick. I could see either outcome. If he's shooting it confidently like he did in summer league he can become a real nice piece. Or maybe he's just a g-league all star like kilpatrick who is going to bounce around a lot because the shot is just average. For now he's probably just a placeholder that's more ready to contribute while we wait for Whitehead to get acclimated to the NBA.

Wilson might actually have the best handle of all the wings on the roster lol and he can playmake a little bit more than what you expect from a 3&D wing. Kinda similar to Ingles, Josh Hart, Wes Mathews, etc.

Brooks actually already played in the league. In 20 games for the Rockets he put up 11ppg on 38% from 3 (7.9 attempts) but didn't really come close to replicating that the following season. Definitely some potential like you said.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#6 » by Paradise » Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:42 am

Tha King wrote:
Netaman wrote:

Wilson might actually have the best handle of all the wings on the roster lol and he can playmake a little bit more than what you expect from a 3&D wing. Kinda similar to Ingles, Josh Hart, Wes Mathews, etc.

Brooks actually already played in the league. In 20 games for the Rockets he put up 11ppg on 38% from 3 (7.9 attempts) but didn't really come close to replicating that the following season. Definitely some potential like you said.

I believe he played for Toronto last but that’s a tough rotation to crack with FVV, Flynn, Trent Jr, etc.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,329

Post#7 » by Papi_swav » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:54 pm

Dude can shoot the heck out of the ball
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#8 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:31 am

I like this move as well. Marks is back in his "winning on the margins" bag. Welcome, Armoni! Go Brooklyn!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Brooklyn Nets