ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets sign Trendon Watford to 1 Year Deal

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#1 » by Paradise » Thu Aug 3, 2023 8:42 pm

Very good pick up, another guy who could develop into the missing stretch four we’ve always been lacking.

He’s a very good three point shooter, scrappy, hustles on both ends.

Trey Lyles 2.0

Read on Twitter
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,329

Re: Nets sign Trendon Watford to 1 Year Deal 

Post#2 » by Papi_swav » Thu Aug 3, 2023 8:56 pm

do we even have roster spots left? well hope he's another good find by Marks
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,478

Post#3 » by Stone » Thu Aug 3, 2023 10:01 pm

6'8 and 240 Shoots 40% and is only 22 ! I hope he can help us on the glass.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Paradise

Post#4 » by Paradise » Thu Aug 3, 2023 10:28 pm

Papi_swav wrote:do we even have roster spots left? well hope he's another good find by Marks

This is the final main roster spot. We still have a Two Way contract available.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#5 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Aug 3, 2023 10:30 pm

Undersized, pass
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Paradise

Post#6 » by Paradise » Thu Aug 3, 2023 10:58 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:Undersized, pass

You’re bugging, my dude. We stole him due to Portland hung up over the Lillard deal. He’s got a very good shot at developing here like Dinwiddie and Harris did.

22 years old and provides elite shooting (38%), defensive upside and can pass. He’s a perfect fit to backup Cam Johnson as a long term piece if he continues to develop here. He’s basically a free draft pick prospect. He could be a high level Grant Williams or a Trey Lyles type fit and ironically played with Dennis Smith Jr in Portland off the bench.

DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,018

Post#7 » by DusterBuster » Fri Aug 4, 2023 2:15 am

Still utterly baffled why the Blazers let him walk. He will be a fan favorite in Brooklyn, congrats and happy for TWat (also, enjoy the nickname… endlessly funny)
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#8 » by DusterBuster » Fri Aug 4, 2023 2:17 am

Paradise wrote:

You’re bugging, my dude. We stole him due to Portland hung up over the Lillard deal. He’s got a very good shot at developing here like Dinwiddie and Harris did.

22 years old and provides elite shooting (38%), defensive upside and can pass. He’s a perfect fit to backup Cam Johnson as a long term piece if he continues to develop here. He’s basically a free draft pick prospect. He could be a high level Grant Williams or a Trey Lyles type fit and ironically played with Dennis Smith Jr in Portland off the bench.

You stole him because Portland has a bad GM. Dude legit can’t walk and chew gum.

Again tho, super happy for Watford. Such a good dude and belongs in the league, plus plays with a ton of energy. He’s like a (very) poor man’s Draymond Green. Just does a bit of everything on the court. Not great at one thing, but not bad at one thing either. Great value signing and really hoping the best for him.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#9 » by DusterBuster » Fri Aug 4, 2023 2:18 am

Paradise wrote:Very good pick up, another guy who could develop into the missing stretch four we’ve always been lacking.

He’s a very good three point shooter, scrappy, hustles on both ends.

Trey Lyles 2.0

Read on Twitter

Don’t be surprised if he cracks the rotation.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,437

Post#10 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Aug 4, 2023 2:19 am

DusterBuster wrote:
Paradise wrote:

You stole him because Portland has a bad GM. Dude legit can’t walk and chew gum.

Again tho, super happy for Watford. Such a good dude and belongs in the league, plus plays with a ton of energy. He’s like a (very) poor man’s Draymond Green. Just does a bit of everything on the court. Not great at one thing, but not bad at one thing either. Great value signing and really hoping the best for him.

So if he develops well, essentially the best years of Royce O’Neale?
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#11 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Aug 4, 2023 2:24 am

Paradise wrote:

Happy to be wrong
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Paradise

Post#12 » by Paradise » Fri Aug 4, 2023 2:40 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
Paradise wrote:You’re bugging, my dude. We stole him due to Portland hung up over the Lillard deal. He’s got a very good shot at developing here like Dinwiddie and Harris did.

So if he develops well, essentially the best years of Royce O’Neale?

I’d say he projects to be Royce O’neale as a PF and undersized Center. He’s already at 240 at 22, he could develop into a 250-260 player here. He’s closer to Kevon Looney.

I think Marks is aiming for a bench core of Wilson, Whitehead, Bazley, Watford, Clowney going forward if all can buy in and develop consistently. Same age range and tons of upside to grow and possibly replacing Royce and DFS by the deadline.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#13 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Aug 4, 2023 3:15 am

He's a worthwhile flier, and signing Trendon to a non-guaranteed deal gives us flexibility. Welcome to Brooklyn!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,329

Post#14 » by Papi_swav » Fri Aug 4, 2023 5:51 pm

A poor mans Draymond sounds awesome to me
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,860

Post#15 » by Karate Diop » Sat Aug 5, 2023 12:47 am

He might be 6'8'' but he's got a 7-2'' - 7'3'' wingspan, so he's plenty long enough. I like it, now let's see if he sticks.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#16 » by DusterBuster » Sun Aug 6, 2023 3:53 pm

Papi_swav wrote:A poor mans Draymond sounds awesome to me

Granted… VERY poor man’s, but for the min, you can do a lot worse.

According to the Blazers beat reporter, the reason they let him go was a simple minutes game / roster decision. They had him and Jabari Walker who are similar players and a bit redundant, the team picked Walker to develop over Watford as they think he has the higher upside of the two.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#17 » by TheNetsFan » Sun Aug 6, 2023 7:21 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:A poor mans Draymond sounds awesome to me

Granted… VERY poor man’s, but for the min, you can do a lot worse.

According to the Blazers beat reporter, the reason they let him go was a simple minutes game / roster decision. They had him and Jabari Walker who are similar players and a bit redundant, the team picked Walker to develop over Watford as they think he has the higher upside of the two.

They also need roster spaces, because whenever Dame is dealt, they will be taking on multiple players while only trading one.

Return to Brooklyn Nets