Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,070

Harry Giles III, Nets Agree To One-Year Deal 

Post#1 » by Netaman » Sat Sep 2, 2023 5:53 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

seems like they are really going for the whole length and defense thing. gotta think between gilez/bazley/watford they will find at least 1 usable big behind claxton.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,860

Re: Harry Giles III, Nets Agree To One-Year Deal 

Post#2 » by Karate Diop » Sun Sep 3, 2023 8:07 pm

I'm pretty sure Giles will be cut when it's all said and done, haven't seen much of him recently but from what I have seen his burst isn't what it used to be...
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Re: Harry Giles III, Nets Agree To One-Year Deal 

Post#3 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Sep 4, 2023 4:00 pm

Karate Diop wrote:I'm pretty sure Giles will be cut when it's all said and done, haven't seen much of him recently but from what I have seen his burst isn't what it used to be...

Yeah, I agree that among the 3 non-guaranteed contracts, he is the likeliest to get cut as we shrink from 16 to 15 contracts.

Bazley was weirdly efficient as a small ball 5, and I think that's what drew Marks' interest, along with his age and athleticism. I think his ability to play up a position had more to do with CP3 feeding him, but we're gonna want to see the experiment through, I'd wager.

Watford is the stretch big / smallball shortroll playmaker / Blue Collar Boys type of dude that it's good to have on a roster.

Giles could be a stud, but unless he REALLY wows at training camp, he'll be on the outside looking in. Motivation for Harry, for Trendon and Darius, and for the rest of the young bigs. Competition keeps them sharp, and staves off complancency.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Brooklyn Nets