ImageImageImageImageImage

Preseason GT: Nets @ Heat 10/18 7:30 NBA TV

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,478

Preseason GT: Nets @ Heat 10/18 7:30 NBA TV 

Post#1 » by Stone » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:00 pm

Jacque needs to get the team prepared. The turn overs killed us last game. This is the last preseason game and we are only a week away from game one.

Not playing due to injury. Cam Johnson, Dennis Smith Jr, Dariq Whitehead.

Want to see Ben keep building his way back.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,070

Re: Preseason GT: Nets @ Heat 10/18 7:30 NBA TV 

Post#2 » by Netaman » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:01 am

Dayron hitting 3's and 6-6 from the FT line. he looks like he's taking the leap everyone keeps trying to will themselves to believing cam thomas is gonna take.

Real nice game from lonnie walker too. Shot it well.

Wish there was a better 5th starter/shot creator in the backcourt who plays well off simmons.
darbstar
Junior
And1: 51

Post#3 » by darbstar » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:37 am

Why is Harry Giles not getting a go?
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#4 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:01 pm

Netaman wrote:Dayron hitting 3's and 6-6 from the FT line. he looks like he's taking the leap everyone keeps trying to will themselves to believing cam thomas is gonna take.

Wish there was a better 5th starter/shot creator in the backcourt who plays well off simmons.

I honestly would prefer to see Royce in that 5th starter role. I think he's the jack of all trades that best would fit what we need both offensively & defensively.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,070

Post#5 » by Netaman » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:21 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
Netaman wrote:Dayron hitting 3's and 6-6 from the FT line. he looks like he's taking the leap everyone keeps trying to will themselves to believing cam thomas is gonna take.

I honestly would prefer to see Royce in that 5th starter role. I think he's the jack of all trades that best would fit what we need both offensively & defensively.

i think he's probably the best fit they have, he's just limited. dinwiddie as 6th man is probably his best role unless he can hit 40% catch and shoot.

a second unit with dinwiddie, walker, dfs is actually kind of interesting though. especially if sharpe is really turning some sort of a corner.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,478

Post#6 » by Stone » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:32 pm

Some good signs but still a lot of concerns.

First off....Jacque Vaughn. We need his leadership to get this team on the same page. It starts in practice and in game adjustments. The 28 TO's against the 76ers was obviously not good, JV needs to have the team prepared.

Ben is heading in the right direction. We are seeing flashes of his old self. But we need consistency.

Day’Ron looks like a different player. He is doing a lot of little things and intangibles on both ends better than I remember. 2 steals, 3 blocks and 19 points and he attempting 3's. So far Day'Ron is our brightest light.

Claxton, after making his first two FT's he bricked his next four in a row.

Lonnie Walker shot well.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,329

Post#7 » by Papi_swav » Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:06 pm

Dayron looks good at times and he has potential, but he has butter hands. Alot of times they pass him the ball and it slips thru his hands for some reason, I think he's just a little shaky and hyper at times. But he can rebound and shoot so he has some good things to work with and I hope he can be able to contribute because we need a backup big to step up.

Return to Brooklyn Nets