ImageImageImageImageImage

GAME 1 NETS vs CAVS -Wed Oct 25

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,247

Re: GAME 1 NETS vs CAVS -Wed Oct 25 

Post#81 » by Marvin Martian » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:43 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:Cavs fan here… tough loss for you guys but I really like the potential of this team and really wish we had one or two of your wings. Question though: why doesn’t Cam Thomas get more playing time? In don’t watch the Nets often so I’m not familiar with their situation.

He cannot read a defense, move without the ball and make plays for others. He cannot work with a team with established weapons because he will ignore them. He would look off a wide open steph curry for his own shot
sweetlou23
Bench Warmer
And1: 55

Post#82 » by sweetlou23 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:15 pm

23 minutes of play 10 rebounds 9 assists 4 points 1 block and good defense. For anyone else folks would say look that’s a nice contribution even though he only scored 4 points. But for Ben the only thing that matters to folks is whether he shoots And scores. Forget all of the other stuff.
ChuckS
Bench Warmer
And1: 215

Post#83 » by ChuckS » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:42 pm

I wasn't crushed even though I thought we should have won, because we were competitive with a team that is projected to be better. And I agree with many of the complaints, but am holding off on a first game in which we seemed to not yet have mastered the changes installed during the preseason. Right now I just have a few questions and no answers.

Did JV's frequent use of offensive/defensive substitutions help keep us competitive or hurt fluidity?

Why did Dinwiddie, I think one of our few offensive threats and competent penetrators, get three total shots, and all threes? He averaged 18 points with Luka so it is not like playing off ball is totally alien to him. He has averaged 17 points on 13 attempts for the last three years. I noticed this even in the preseason. I hope it is just temporary while the emphasis has been getting Mikal and Cam J going.

I liked the idea of starting Ben and Spencer, because they should ultimately give us 30 points a game which should be enough with Mikal, Cam J, and Nic, and they are our best passers, with some help from Royce. I thought it would be best for ball movement. But if the offense is going to be anything like last year (sans KD) should Cam T be starting? I always have seen him as a microwave type off of the bench, but with four defensive presences he could well start.

It also looked to me like JV still isn't sure what he has yet and was experimenting with the rotation players like he did with the deep subs in preseason.

Return to Brooklyn Nets