ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets @ Bulls 11/3-8:00 PM EST. Game 1 of the NBA In-Season Tournament

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,860

Re: GT: Nets @ Bulls 11/3-8:00 PM EST. Game 1 of the NBA In-Season Tournament 

Post#21 » by Karate Diop » Sat Nov 4, 2023 2:09 am

Karate Diop wrote:For some reason the Nets and Bulls always send to play close games regardless of who's playing... At least in my mind, maybe one day I'll actually go and pull all the boxscores and check :lol:

Just gonna quote myself since nobody else did :'(
Dangun
Pro Prospect
And1: 263

Post#22 » by Dangun » Sat Nov 4, 2023 2:13 am

Karate Diop wrote:
Karate Diop wrote:For some reason the Nets and Bulls always send to play close games regardless of who's playing... At least in my mind, maybe one day I'll actually go and pull all the boxscores and check :lol:

Just gonna quote myself since nobody else did :'(

I was gonna quote it now but saw this post lol
Dangun
Pro Prospect

Post#23 » by Dangun » Sat Nov 4, 2023 2:15 am

Wow that was close great game
Dangun
Pro Prospect

Post#24 » by Dangun » Sat Nov 4, 2023 2:17 am

I would've just took that chance on the 3 though..
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,105

Post#25 » by therealbig3 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 2:21 am

Another gutsy win. Still think Simmons is a liability offensively, but I thought he easily played his best game of the season. His passes actually created offensive opportunities, I thought his defense and rebounding were outstanding, and he actually looked for his shot when the opportunity was there!
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,105

Post#26 » by therealbig3 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 2:23 am

I also think Bridges is getting a bit too much flak. Another 20+ point game, and his defense was great too. Made a bunch of big plays for us late.

21/6/4 on 50% shooting with elite perimeter defense and we're complaining about how he's just a role player lol.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,478

Post#27 » by Stone » Sat Nov 4, 2023 2:24 am

Another nail biter. Great team win. We needed this game we got some tough ones coming up
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,177

Post#28 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 2:25 am

therealbig3 wrote:Another gutsy win. Still think Simmons is a liability offensively, but I thought he easily played his best game of the season. His passes actually created offensive opportunities, I thought his defense and rebounding were outstanding, and he actually looked for his shot when the opportunity was there!

Ben is alright, who disappointed so far is Bridges , 5 mediocre games at best , most of the time invisible
Tha King
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#29 » by Tha King » Sat Nov 4, 2023 2:25 am

that was close lol

DFS has been fantastic. Probably the best or second best player so far this season.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 2:27 am

therealbig3 wrote:I also think Bridges is getting a bit too much flak. Another 20+ point game, and his defense was great too. Made a bunch of big plays for us late.

21/6/4 on 50% shooting with elite perimeter defense and we're complaining about how he's just a role player lol.

Ok he’s ok role player , but isn’t he supposed to be the leader of this team ? He plays bull crap most of the time , it’s not Bridges I saw last season
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,329

Post#31 » by Papi_swav » Sat Nov 4, 2023 2:32 am

This team is a joy to watch, guys are playing hard and they're playing team ball. It seems like everybody contributes every night and tonight was DFS night.
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,246

Post#32 » by Marvin Martian » Sat Nov 4, 2023 2:37 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:Another gutsy win. Still think Simmons is a liability offensively, but I thought he easily played his best game of the season. His passes actually created offensive opportunities, I thought his defense and rebounding were outstanding, and he actually looked for his shot when the opportunity was there!

Ben is alright, who disappointed so far is Bridges , 5 mediocre games at best , most of the time invisible

In what world is Simmons, who is averaging less than 10 ppg with several starters out "alright" ? Isn't he supposed to be "healthy" right now?

And Bridges has not been mediocre at all. He is playing within the flow of the game and not forcing up shots. Cam started the season hot and Bridges smartly didn't try to overshadow him.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 2:41 am

Marvin Martian wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

In what world is Simmons, who is averaging less than 10 ppg with several starters out "alright" ? Isn't he supposed to be "healthy" right now?

And Bridges has not been mediocre at all. He is playing within the flow of the game and not forcing up shots. Cam started the season hot and Bridges smartly didn't try to overshadow him.

You just see the PPG , watch the game , how many 50-50 rebounds scrap balls Ben getting on regular basis , without Ben we would’ve lost the game tonight , without Bridges not necessarily
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 2:42 am

Papi_swav wrote:This team is a joy to watch, guys are playing hard and they're playing team ball. It seems like everybody contributes every night and tonight was DFS night.

True ,DFS , man of the game tonight
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,246

Post#35 » by Marvin Martian » Sat Nov 4, 2023 2:53 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

You just see the PPG , watch the game , how many 50-50 rebounds scrap balls Ben getting on regular basis , without Ben we would’ve lost the game tonight , without Bridges not necessarily

I am watching the game. I see an offensive liability that is passive, still can't shoot and can't hit fts, which kills our spacing in the half court. A healthy Claxton can do way more on defense than Simmons. And Dinwiddle is a better playmaker than Simmons due to his ability to actually break down a defense in the half court.

Again, Ben is supposed to be "healthy" and yet even on this mediocre team, it is hard to justify starting him when everyone is healthy. This is sad for someone of his pedigree
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#36 » by Rastas » Sat Nov 4, 2023 3:36 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

Not worth arguing with him , he has pitched his tent in the Ben Simmons can't do anything good camp - dude really needs a vacation back on Mars or something.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#37 » by NetsJets » Sat Nov 4, 2023 3:51 am

This was the DFS I thought we were getting last year. He’s been much better this year so far. Ben is Ben, I think he sucks personally but at least they use him in a way that maximizes what he does best. Bridges O’Neale and Dinwiddie were quite steady for us tonight. Lonnie Walker and DSJ continues to be solid players off the bench. I like how much Sharpe has developed and I wouldn’t be surprised if he becomes a starter for us down the line. Cam hit some timely shots late in the 4th. All in all another gutsy win. Btw my eyes are still seeing red smh.
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 968

Post#38 » by Decipher » Sat Nov 4, 2023 4:40 am

Everyone wants Simmons to score more but he’s controlled the last 2 games down the stretch and we’ve won both so …

There’s a reason why he is involved in a truckload of wins while players like LaVine and Beal aren’t

Btw

Read on Twitter
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,070

Post#39 » by Netaman » Sat Nov 4, 2023 2:50 pm

Complaints about anything right now are like bitching about a 65 degree day because it's not 70.

They have been missing 2 starters pretty much all year, one of them being claxton who is pretty easily 2nd best player on the team and thinnest position. 2 others gutting it out probably not 100%.

They have played 5 games, all at least competitive games down to the final possessions except charlotte win, and pulled out 2 against playoff teams a year ago while losing to mitchell/luka.

Bridges looks 95%+ of the player they had down the stretch last year, he's shooting less because they have more guys who can score now - specifically Cam and Walker. But he's also playing better D and choosing key moments better - which is able to do because his usage is down by 25% with those other guys stepping up. Ben is successfully running the offense and keeping everyone involved. DFS is scoring 15 points a game right now and last year he was at 7 as a net. He won't shoot 50% from 3 all year but even if he shoots closer to 37-40% he may still take 7 per game. At least until Cam J gets back.

Ben had 2 big dunks yesterday and almost a 3rd. Didnt he have 0 dunks pretty much all last year? His defense has been really good and he's the biggest asset with their tempo push.

I truly don't care what anyone's numbers are if this roster just keeps working hard. They have enough talent to compete every night even shorthanded and it seems like they may also be good enough to win half the time even against good teams. Anyone looking for more than that this year is in the wrong place.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,070

Post#40 » by Netaman » Sat Nov 4, 2023 2:56 pm

NetsJets wrote:This was the DFS I thought we were getting last year. He’s been much better this year so far. Ben is Ben, I think he sucks personally but at least they use him in a way that maximizes what he does best. Bridges O’Neale and Dinwiddie were quite steady for us tonight. Lonnie Walker and DSJ continues to be solid players off the bench. I like how much Sharpe has developed and I wouldn’t be surprised if he becomes a starter for us down the line. Cam hit some timely shots late in the 4th. All in all another gutsy win. Btw my eyes are still seeing red smh.

the red court was brutal. i hope that's the last of that for us and they scrap before the next time we are supposed to see it.

this version of dfs is so far beyond my expectations for him, i mean he's playing as well as cam j ever has. he wont shoot 50% from 3 all year but if he can continue attacking the basket on closeouts like he has that's huge.

this is an almost all 3&D roster and it runs hard all game, so i think they are getting and will get some good mileage all year by being a pain in the ass to play against. they may have just enough shot creation to be above a play in team. so far bridges/cam while not super efficient, have been able to out-execute butler/herro and ddr/levine. that's a level that's not totally unrealistic.

Return to Brooklyn Nets