ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,200

Re: GT: Clippers @ Nets 11/08 7:30 

Post#41 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 5:41 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Was really hoping his game against the Bucks was the start of a turnaround.

I’m not sure I even remember other Nets player who regressed this much as Bridges

Closest coming to mind is Deron Williams

:lol:

He was averaging 22/5/4 on very good efficiency coming into tonight, serious lol?

He’s not a true number one, this isn’t really a surprise, he’s a do it all very good number two, or maybe 1b, or ideally an absolutely lethal #3/2a, if the team has a 1a/1b combo ahead of him though.

Again , watch the game , he committed 3 bad turnovers in a row , in between shooting bricks , we talking about 5 possessions in a row , 12 points swing just on Bridges alone , how many missed bunnies ? He makes Ben fricking Simmons shy with this bunnies from 10 inches away from the rim

There was at least 3 possessions this game alone when he gave up shooting 3 wide open in favor of passing to a teammate who had to shot well contested three , that’s not being unselfish, I call this being stupid

At the moment the way he’s playing it’s not 1A-1B , that’s not even 2A , that’s at best reserves , the same role he had on PHX

He regressed since last year big time , last year yeah he was looking like 1B maybe 2A , this year it’s totally different story
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,200

Post#42 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 5:46 am

76ciology wrote:Any updates on Cam’s ankle?

Not Yet , but he couldn’t stand up without help , so probably few weeks at best :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Usually this kind of update is the next day around noon
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,071

Post#43 » by Netaman » Thu Nov 9, 2023 3:22 pm

with the schedule this team has played, and with all the injuries, being at .500 is a miracle.

6 of their 8 games were against teams in the top 11 of championship odds. Celtics are #1, Bucks are #2, Clips are #5, Cavs #9, Mavs #10, Heat #11.

they are 2-4 in those games, but 3 of those losses on the last possession, 2 on the road.

they are 2-0 in their other 2 games, both also on the road.

after the Boston game tomorrow the only other team in the top 10 over the next month is Philly. they will have a run of a dozen games to get themselves some breathing room over .500 before their mid-December road trip facing Denver, GS, and Phoenix.

cannot say enough about the jobs JV and Marks look to have done so far.
DSJ and Walker were phenomenal signings who look on track to getting extensions above minimum next summer.
thomas and sharpe have been development marvels.
the decision to hold royce and dfs looks genius.
watford looks like a signature marks find off a scrap heap.

and each of the big 3 trades look like highway robbery.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#44 » by NetsJets » Thu Nov 9, 2023 8:10 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=q9ZfAf_VfOcaELq9UpCt-A
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,877

Post#45 » by Karate Diop » Thu Nov 9, 2023 10:44 pm

:(

Maybe we'll get a SSJ Bridges sighting now... Shoot the rock my friend... Someone has to...
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,329

Post#46 » by Papi_swav » Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:21 am

This was a good win and we played tough defense. It was funny how we trolled Harden lol our crowd and fans is dope, idk why ppl try to crap on us. Lonnie was an excellent pickup and idk how we got him for as cheap as we did, he deserves to be paid more than alot of these players in the league. O'neale and DFS have been shooting lights out and they play great difference.

IDK about ya but I really love this team IDC if we're not a real playoff team now. This team has grit and really tries hard, I will definitely pay money to see them. So refreshing to see a group that gives it their all then a bunch of overpaid superstar crybabies.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,106

Post#47 » by therealbig3 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:19 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
I’m not sure I even remember other Nets player who regressed this much as Bridges

Closest coming to mind is Deron Williams

:lol:

He was averaging 22/5/4 on very good efficiency coming into tonight, serious lol?

He’s not a true number one, this isn’t really a surprise, he’s a do it all very good number two, or maybe 1b, or ideally an absolutely lethal #3/2a, if the team has a 1a/1b combo ahead of him though.

Again , watch the game , he committed 3 bad turnovers in a row , in between shooting bricks , we talking about 5 possessions in a row , 12 points swing just on Bridges alone , how many missed bunnies ? He makes Ben fricking Simmons shy with this bunnies from 10 inches away from the rim

There was at least 3 possessions this game alone when he gave up shooting 3 wide open in favor of passing to a teammate who had to shot well contested three , that’s not being unselfish, I call this being stupid

At the moment the way he’s playing it’s not 1A-1B , that’s not even 2A , that’s at best reserves , the same role he had on PHX

He regressed since last year big time , last year yeah he was looking like 1B maybe 2A , this year it’s totally different story

Did you truly think he was gonna average 26 ppg throughout the season?

Otherwise, there's no regression.

Return to Brooklyn Nets