Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 931

Re: GT: Nets @ Celtics - 11/10 - 7:30 PM EST 

Post#21 » by bubonicphoniks » Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:58 am

Dangun wrote:
bubonicphoniks wrote:
Dangun wrote:Just turned game on and dam wtf happened to bridges? Why he aint tryna take over like last year .. this his chance to let nets know he should be topdog on offense with thomas out.. need dude to be a go to scorer smh or at least until thomas comes back..

And why this board be so silent during games ?
I agree its too quiet.

I dont think hes ever been built for the #1 guy role.

I also don't like Cam Johnson and am not stoked about how many minutes hes guaranteed.

It's so dead here and boring lol
I agree that he's not built to be a go to scorer, but he's somewhat capable as we've seen last season .. so he need to at least take that task until thomas comes back, because I don't think a balanced out offense would work with this group.. look how ugly it looks out there smh

You dont think johnson is a good role player here? I think bridges and Johnson are good pieces to be around thomas, but not sure bridges ego could accept that..
No I think Cam J is a stiff.
Dangun
Pro Prospect
And1: 263

Post#22 » by Dangun » Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:00 am

Nets gonna need jr kobe back asap if they keep bummin it up like they did tonight smh
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,258

Post#23 » by Marvin Martian » Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:43 am

Dangun wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
Dangun wrote:Just turned game on and dam wtf happened to bridges? Why he aint tryna take over like last year .. this his chance to let nets know he should be topdog on offense with thomas out.. need dude to be a go to scorer smh or at least until thomas comes back..

And why this board be so silent during games ?

He is not an elite iso scorer. He can only do it sporadically. He needs help. Having Claxton back should provide more diversity in the offense.

We should trade Royce O'Neale for a real big man and stop with the small ball nonsense.

I agree.. but it's crazy how he was dropping 25-30 pieces here last season, but now it seems he's a complete scrub now .. yea def should trade O'Neale for a big

Bridges hasn't been a scrub since he is contributing in other ways, but he definitely looks a lot more passive than last year. Maybe when the schedule gets easier, he will gain some confidence.

O'Neale doesn't provide enough on offense or defense to justify playing small
Minnamaker
Sophomore
And1: 100

Post#24 » by Minnamaker » Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:29 am

Bridges doesn't have much iso moves. He did not have any last season either. He dribbles to midrange and pulls up. Last season no team scouted and gameplaned for him. This season they do. He and camT will get the toughest defenders every night. While I expect him to improve, I don't think he can be a number 1 option. I don't care either. He is a better defender than scorer, but would not have the energy on defense as a #1. Let camT cook in iso. Other than that, play team offense. He'll get his 20 ppg
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,480

Post#25 » by Stone » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:08 pm

Anyone want to start the next game thread?

We should keep get back to doing if a poster makes a game thread and the Nets lose another poster makes the next game thread?
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Dangun
Pro Prospect

Post#26 » by Dangun » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:15 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:
Dangun wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
He is not an elite iso scorer. He can only do it sporadically. He needs help. Having Claxton back should provide more diversity in the offense.

We should trade Royce O'Neale for a real big man and stop with the small ball nonsense.

I agree.. but it's crazy how he was dropping 25-30 pieces here last season, but now it seems he's a complete scrub now .. yea def should trade O'Neale for a big

Bridges hasn't been a scrub since he is contributing in other ways, but he definitely looks a lot more passive than last year. Maybe when the schedule gets easier, he will gain some confidence.

I'm comparing his play with the nets from last season to the start of this season I feel like he's been scrubbing it up..

Just a guess, but it feels like dude ain't feeling he's not the premier offensive option and that's a drag on him.. pretty sure he expected everything to go through him to start the season so im hoping that'll set him off to go berserker mode.. gonna need him to if nets wanna stay with a decent record. Having no go to guy that can change situations (bridges is somewhat capable) , every game could end up like Celtics game until thomas comes back.. gonna be oogly..
Dangun
Pro Prospect

Post#27 » by Dangun » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:26 pm

Minnamaker wrote:Bridges doesn't have much iso moves. He did not have any last season either. He dribbles to midrange and pulls up. Last season no team scouted and gameplaned for him. This season they do. He and camT will get the toughest defenders every night. While I expect him to improve, I don't think he can be a number 1 option. I don't care either. He is a better defender than scorer, but would not have the energy on defense as a #1. Let camT cook in iso. Other than that, play team offense. He'll get his 20 ppg

Good take.. nobody knew what to do with bridges as the 1st option and after seeing how basic his offensive game is its much easier to put a stop to it, but it's too bad because the nets put the ego in him to be the 1st option guy so his defense fell off to focus more on offense.. could be why he's scrubbing it up compare to last season. The Phoenix mentality bridges prob the best fit on here too, like it was there when he played Robin instead of trying to be batman
Dangun
Pro Prospect

Post#28 » by Dangun » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:30 pm

Stone wrote:Anyone want to start the next game thread?

We should keep get back to doing if a poster makes a game thread and the Nets lose another poster makes the next game thread?

Me :wave:
Do ya make it on game day or can you make it anytime ?
ChuckS
Bench Warmer
And1: 215

Post#29 » by ChuckS » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:49 pm

Dangun wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
Dangun wrote:I agree.. but it's crazy how he was dropping 25-30 pieces here last season, but now it seems he's a complete scrub now .. yea def should trade O'Neale for a big

I'm comparing his play with the nets from last season to the start of this season I feel like he's been scrubbing it up..

Just a guess, but it feels like dude ain't feeling he's not the premier offensive option and that's a drag on him.. pretty sure he expected everything to go through him to start the season so im hoping that'll set him off to go berserker mode.. gonna need him to if nets wanna stay with a decent record. Having no go to guy that can change situations (bridges is somewhat capable) , every game could end up like Celtics game until thomas comes back.. gonna be oogly..

To get it out of the way, I'll begin by suggesting we do not use these Boston games as anything more than meaning we cannot hope to compete with them absent Nic and Ben, even with a rusty CJ after a long layoff, We lost the two games with our starters, or to be more accurate the starters and subs for our starters, at a minus 148 points (for both). JV has done a masterful job, but the Celts with their two new additions are very good.

I agree that Mikal has not been a scrub, but has been too passive. He is playing the same minutes, with nearly the same overall efficiency, 46%, but is averaging 7 less points on 4 less attempts. I doubt highly that this is because of any disappointment with perceived stature on the team. He thrived with bigger names on the FIBA team. One big thing is the drop in his 3 percentage from 38% to 30%. This might affect his decision making, but I think "this too shall pass". More probable is the fact that since the peach basket players have deferred to the "hot hand". I think he will realize that Cam T cannot do it alone, however, and revert to being more offensively aggressive himself.

One thing I have been at least equally concerned with in all these close games is Dinwiddie. He has gone from 17 points last year to 11 points currently, and from 14 to 8 attempts. More important is his drop in minutes from 35 to 27 (corrected) per game. It seems strange to me since he is shooting better this year, 44/40% compared to 42/29%. His minutes, many in clutch time, have gone to DSJ who is averaging 6 points on 6 attempts, in 17 minutes, at 39/29%. I love the kid. He is an energetic, fun, point of attack defender who certainly has a place on this team. But the scoring discrepancy between the two confused me, when points were at such a premium. I wondered if it was a planning thing in his contract year, i.e. looking for a younger replacement as insurance. It might be a moot point, however. In the Buck's game, Spencer was only 1 for 4, but had the team best +-. After missing two threes he came out of the game for DSJ with about 4 minutes to go in the 3d quarter. Not blaming this on anyone, the Bucks are good, but we were up 8 when he left and down 2 at the quarter. Spencer did not play in the fourth quarter and we lost by four. Certainly that could have happened even with Spencer, the Greek Freak is that good. But in the next game, against the Clippers, it was the same type of nail biter. Spencer was only 2 for 8. Except this time JV put him back in at just past the 2 minute marker and he hit the three that pretty much put the game away, with Royce following up with another. Maybe it is because I still have nightmares about locking up Luka only to lose to Spencer's literal last second three a few years ago. But whatever the reason I think Spencer's situation this year might be at least as critical as Mikal's. And I apologize for rambling.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,480

Post#30 » by Stone » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:55 pm

Dangun wrote:

You can make it anytime. The sooner is better IMO.

Just remember if we lose, it's next poster up. Hopefully you will have a hot hand!!

Looking forward to seeing your game thread. We are all behind you 100% !!
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Dangun
Pro Prospect

Post#31 » by Dangun » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:31 am

ChuckS wrote:
Dangun wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:

To get it out of the way, I'll begin by suggesting we do not use these Boston games as anything more than meaning we cannot hope to compete with them absent Nic and Ben, even with a rusty CJ after a long layoff, We lost the two games with our starters, or to be more accurate the starters and subs for our starters, at a minus 148 points (for both). JV has done a masterful job, but the Celts with their two new additions are very good.

I agree that Mikal has not been a scrub, but has been too passive. He is playing the same minutes, with nearly the same overall efficiency, 46%, but is averaging 7 less points on 4 less attempts. I doubt highly that this is because of any disappointment with perceived stature on the team. He thrived with bigger names on the FIBA team. One big thing is the drop in his 3 percentage from 38% to 30%. This might affect his decision making, but I think "this too shall pass". More probable is the fact that since the peach basket players have deferred to the "hot hand". I think he will realize that Cam T cannot do it alone, however, and revert to being more offensively aggressive himself.

One thing I have been at least equally concerned with in all these close games is Dinwiddie. He has gone from 17 points last year to 11 points currently, and from 14 to 8 attempts. More important is his drop in minutes from 35 to 21 per game. It seems strange to me since he is shooting better this year, 44/40% compared to 42/29%. His minutes, many in clutch time, have gone to DSJ who is averaging 6 points on 6 attempts, in 17 minutes, at 42/29%. I love the kid. He is an energetic, fun, point of attack defender who certainly has a place on this team. But the scoring discrepancy between the two confused me, when points were at such a premium. I wondered if it was a planning thing in his contract year, i.e. looking for a younger replacement as insurance. It might be a moot point, however. In the Buck's game, Spencer was only 1 for 4, but had the team best +-. After missing two threes he came out of the game for DSJ with about 4 minutes to go in the 3d quarter. Not blaming this on anyone, the Bucks are good, but we were up 8 when he left and down 2 at the quarter. Spencer did not play in the fourth quarter and we lost by four. Certainly that could have happened even with Spencer, the Greek Freak is that good. But in the next game, against the Clippers, it was the same type of nail biter. Spencer was only 2 for 8. Except this time JV put him back in at just past the 2 minute marker and he hit the three that pretty much put the game away, with Royce following up with another. Maybe it is because I still have nightmares about locking up Luka only to lose to Spencer's literal last second three a few years ago. But whatever the reason I think Spencer's situation this year might be at least as critical as Mikal's. And I apologize for rambling.

Nice write up dude, some good info in there.. if that’s rambling then it’s some good rambling
Dangun
Pro Prospect

Post#32 » by Dangun » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:36 am

Stone wrote:
Dangun wrote:

You can make it anytime. The sooner is better IMO.

Just remember if we lose, it's next poster up. Hopefully you will have a hot hand!!

Looking forward to seeing your game thread. We are all behind you 100% !!

Gotcha

Return to Brooklyn Nets