ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Wizards @ Nets - 11/12 - 3:00 PM EST. GET OVER HERE!

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Mosdefinition
Senior
And1: 116

Re: GT: Wizards @ Nets - 11/12 - 3:00 PM EST. GET OVER HERE! 

Post#61 » by Mosdefinition » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:56 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Mosdefinition wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
So , Knicks fan started our game thread and we won ? Hmmmm

Don’t you ever start game threads for the Knicks please :lol: :lol: :lol:

We also have a far more active message board like reddit

You talking about netsdaily one ?

If yes no thx I read that for Nets news , but people posting there got no clue , they still in Denial that Nash and Vaughn is next great thing coming from Popovich

Yeah that one I havent been there in years though

Reddit is okay but its way too reactionary which is why I rarely post there but it's the most active
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,437

Post#62 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:19 am

Dangun wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:Cam T is not on Spida's level. Like at all. The latter has much better BBIQ which is why he was able to perform so well against elite competition even as a raw rookie.

Cam T is clueless on the floor. His BBIQ is the only thing holding him back but it is also the hardest thing to teach. For every Demar Derozan, there are hundreds of JR Smiths

Cam T was/is playing well against elite competition every time he was/is given the chance from rookie to now..

Mitchell was given the keys to the team since his rookie season.. dude was averaging like 35 min during his rookie year so of course his bbiq gonna raise through the roof being able to play through buncha mistakes.. you give cam t the same exact opportunity and you’ll see similar results..

You’re really overrating Mitchell.. Nets already have a 75% Mitchell on the team and prob in 2-3 more seasons there’s a good chance Thomas gonna be above Mitchell level

You guys sound like used car salesmen lol.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#63 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:23 am

Marvin Martian wrote:Cam T is not on Spida's level. Like at all. The latter has much better BBIQ which is why he was able to perform so well against elite competition even as a raw rookie.

Cam T is clueless on the floor. His BBIQ is the only thing holding him back but it is also the hardest thing to teach. For every Demar Derozan, there are hundreds of JR Smiths

I feel like I’m drinking crazy juice. :lol:

This is like comparing John Collins to Jimmy Butler.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,860

Post#64 » by Karate Diop » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:12 am

If there was ever a bad win... This was it. Can't play this bad and hope to win against non-trash teams.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#65 » by TheNetsFan » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:19 pm

This game was so frustrating in person. This whole shoot a million 3s offense is horrific. That's something you do when you're severely outmatched & are hoping to catch lightning in a bottle. When you're playing a historically bad defensive team, you have to attack and put pressure on them. Honestly, a 3-centric basketball style is just lazy coaching & playing.

I will never understand Marks's refusal to ever find a pure PG. You can get by when you have amazing iso scorers like KD, Kyrie & Harden. When you don't, it's trouble. Ben is an pretty good PG, and it's evident how much better the offense is when he plays.

Vaughn stayed with the bench lineup way too long in the fourth, and the game almost got away. Luckily Mikal took over & put his stamp on the game late. People are focusing on his scoring & 3pt shooting, but he's been playing very well overall. If he was shooting closer to his career average from 3, he'd be looking elite. He will get his shot back eventually, I just wish he'd back off the 3s for a bit & get to his mid-range spots more often.

I know he's just missed a ton of pre-season & regular season time from injury, but Cam Johnson has looked rough. I don't think he was doing that well post trade, but he stepped up in the playoffs. The playoffs seem to be an outlier. If he can't return to playoff form, that contract will not age well.
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,246

Post#66 » by Marvin Martian » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:23 pm

Cam Johnson is a disaster. He got his contract because he showed flashes of being able to put the ball on the floor and make a play in the playoffs. He tried this against WAS and failed spectacularly every time
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,070

Post#67 » by Netaman » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:39 pm

this team may set a record for the most number of descriptions using the word "disaster" ever for a team overachieving even without factoring in the injuries.

Pretty sure they have been favored in just 2 of 10 games, won both, 3-5 in games as underdogs and i think 7-1 when counting the spread in those losses (many of which were final possession games shorthanded). Anyone expecting more out of this team, especially with the injuries they've had, entered the year with very misaligned expectations with reality. They are 1 game back of being tied for 3rd in the conference.

and yes - you 100% trade Cam Thomas + picks for Spida without thinking twice. Cam has 1 more year under contract next year before probably getting paid like Poole/Herro/Barrett if he keeps this up. Maybe more. He continues to far exceed my expectations so hats off, but it is hard to see a path to him being the kind of star his level of usage will require. I am very confident he's going to at least be a jordan clarkson/jamal crawford. Not as confident he will learn how to elevate his game to dictating an overall offense the way someone like Mitchell can.

Simmons (a27)
Mitchell (a27)
Bridges (a27)
Cam J (a27)
Claxton (a24)

is a top 5 team in the east for the next 2-4 years that's the proverbial "1 move away".

presuming this kind of deal would be around the deadline, ideally wilson/whitehead/clowney are ready by then to take some of the minutes vacated by whoever they'd have to give up to salary match. this could work with royce or dfs but at this point im probably preferring to keep DFS unless cle values his contract enough to reduce the picks needed.

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,329

Post#68 » by Papi_swav » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:11 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Cam Johnson has been pretty disappointing as a Net so far.

He's still coming back from injury so I'll give him some time. But I been called him just a taller Joe Harris and I still stand by that.
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#69 » by Papi_swav » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:12 pm

Why are we talking about D Mitchell? I'll pass. Cam Thomas is a lesser version of him already
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#70 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:21 pm

Papi_swav wrote:Why are we talking about D Mitchell? I'll pass. Cam Thomas is a lesser version of him already

Jordan Poole is a lesser version of SGA.

See what I did there?
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#71 » by Papi_swav » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:19 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Why are we talking about D Mitchell? I'll pass. Cam Thomas is a lesser version of him already

See what I did there?

the difference isn't 3 first round picks is the point
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#72 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:58 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:

See what I did there?

As of now, I’d certainly disagree.
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#73 » by Papi_swav » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:25 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Jordan Poole is a lesser version of SGA.

See what I did there?

As of now, I’d certainly disagree.

As of now:

Cam : 27/4/2/1 steal on 48/32/85 shooting splits. Nets record 5-5

Mitchell: 30/5/5.5/2.3 steals on 45/36/90 shooting splits. Cavs record 4-5

As of now that's not a 3 first round pick difference plus O'neale and all the other guys you wanted to trade.
Tha King
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#74 » by Tha King » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:05 am

I don't think it would take just three first round picks to get Mitchell. Although Thomas has had a good start to the season, his archetype of a player isn't considered all that valuable so I doubt the Cavs take a package with him as the headliner serious without an extensive volume of picks.

So don't think it's about Cam Thomas being similar to Mitchell or him ever being that caliber of a player. The question is, what would be the point in trading for Mitchell at this point? Brooklyn is not a Mitchell away from contending and would deplete most of the asset base to get him and still may not even be a lock for the playoffs.

IMO the landscape of the league is changing and there's just too much talent spread out now where trading for non-superstar lower end stars may not be worth it when you consider depth depletion.
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,246

Post#75 » by Marvin Martian » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:42 am

I think that considering that we don't control our own draft picks, and that most of our players are +27, we should focus on putting the best possible product on the floor, not building a bonafide title contender because we simply do not have the talent or the assets to do it.
Dangun
Pro Prospect
And1: 263

Post#76 » by Dangun » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:15 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Dangun wrote:

Cam T was/is playing well against elite competition every time he was/is given the chance from rookie to now..

Mitchell was given the keys to the team since his rookie season.. dude was averaging like 35 min during his rookie year so of course his bbiq gonna raise through the roof being able to play through buncha mistakes.. you give cam t the same exact opportunity and you’ll see similar results..

You’re really overrating Mitchell.. Nets already have a 75% Mitchell on the team and prob in 2-3 more seasons there’s a good chance Thomas gonna be above Mitchell level

Umm you were pushing reg Mitchell on here
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#77 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:17 pm

Dangun wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
Dangun wrote:Cam T was/is playing well against elite competition every time he was/is given the chance from rookie to now..

Umm you were pushing reg Mitchell on here

:lol:

But on a serious note, you mean Mitchell, the just turned 27 year old, top 15 in the NBA player who often goes straight flamethrower in the playoffs?
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,945

Post#78 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:17 pm

I would never trade for Mitchell period. Hes going to want an insane contract and is clearly not the #1 option on a Championship level team anyway.

Are we going to ignore the years of him taking the Jazz nowhere in the playoffs? Despite having home court and the #1 record.

How about getting destroyed by the Knicks with a superior roster. LOL.

Got outplayed by Jalen Brunson.

This would be our franchise player?

I don't know how good Cam will be. But hes showing a ton of promise at only 22. And hes just starting to get real minutes.

Return to Brooklyn Nets