Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,070

Re: GT: Nets @ Suns - 12/23 - 9:00PM 

Post#41 » by Netaman » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:18 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
Netaman wrote:
honestly never thought nets would be this good, and they are doing it with all the injuries. royce and dfs are elite role players at their roles. bridges is a legitimate all star. claxton is solid. cam just gets buckets. and in a game like last night even dinwiddie looks like a core player. having him as a 6th man is a huge luxury.

still early but JV should be a legit COY candidate.

I never understood why people had low expectations of this team. They're built for the regular season. They're young, deep, athletic and tenacious. They're better than the DLo team that made the playoffs. This is a team other teams do not want to play through the dog days of the regular season, and will likely win 45ish games just off out working teams, unless they go through a massive sell-off.

I'm not sure they're built for the playoffs though.

i had .500ish expectations, and the difference between .500 and where they are right now is the shot bridges hit vs atlanta, and closing out yesterday's game, and a handful of others that i would have expected them to lose.

i expected a competitive team but not a winning team. a slightly better version of the team from post-deadline. this group seems significantly better at closing out wins and its made more impressive with all the injuries they've withstood. i thought royce and dfs were fine but expendable but that was very wrong. they've been key glue guys.

Return to Brooklyn Nets