ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets @ Warriors 8:30 PM EST. Enough is enough

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

ChuckS
Bench Warmer
And1: 215

Re: GT: Nets @ Warriors 8:30 PM EST. Enough is enough 

Post#61 » by ChuckS » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:41 am

76ciology wrote:Dinwiddie hates Cam right? Those hesitation on passes makes it easy to anticipate (12-16-23)

Whats wrong with Dinwiddie? He literally wont pass the ball to CT. CT is just at the corner telling him “hey pass me the ball” (12-14-23)

I respect your opinion, of course, but I've been a fan for some time and personally disagree. It seems out of character from what I've seen, and read from coaches and teammates. I've always thought him a consummate team player. Of course I've believed that he had the best BB IQ on the squad, so I've admittedly never thought to questioned his judgement or motives, even after miscues. Crap is known to happen at the speed and intensity of this game.

In summary, and with all that transpired in this game, I can live with his 14 assists, 3 steals, and a block, at an ATO ratio of 7:1. I believe our real problems were Steph and Klay.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,747

Post#62 » by 76ciology » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:12 am

ChuckS wrote:
76ciology wrote:Dinwiddie hates Cam right? Those hesitation on passes makes it easy to anticipate (12-16-23)

Whats wrong with Dinwiddie? He literally wont pass the ball to CT. CT is just at the corner telling him “hey pass me the ball” (12-14-23)

I respect your opinion, of course, but I've been a fan for some time and personally disagree. It seems out of character from what I've seen, and read from coaches and teammates. I've always thought him a consummate team player. Of course I've believed that he had the best BB IQ on the squad, so I've admittedly never thought to questioned his judgement or motives, even after miscues. Crap is known to happen at the speed and intensity of this game.

In summary, and with all that transpired in this game, I can live with his 14 assists, 3 steals, and a block, at an ATO ratio of 7:1. I believe our real problems were Steph and Klay.

I respect your opinion, and I realize you guys follow the Nets games more closely than I do. I mainly watch for Cam, so my perspective might be biased.

Cam is performing exceptionally well, and Dinwiddie, though playing solidly, seems to prefer direct assists over passing in the flow of the offense. While I don't think he's playing poorly or lacks basketball IQ, there are instances of indecisiveness in passing to Cam, allowing the Warriors to anticipate passes and disrupt the flow, impacting the rhythm of the scorer, even if it doesn't show in the stats.

Perhaps it's the natural dynamics of the Nets system, but it feels odd to have a less proficient scorer/shooter dictating the offense. In tonight's game, with Cam on fire, it would make sense for the offense to revolve around him, even if some situations, like the last possession with Mikal, present a 50-50 call between the hot hand and a good look.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
ChuckS
Bench Warmer
And1: 215

Post#63 » by ChuckS » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:39 am

76ciology wrote:
ChuckS wrote:

I respect your opinion, and I realize you guys follow the Nets games more closely than I do. I mainly watch for Cam, so my perspective might be biased.

Cam is performing exceptionally well, and Dinwiddie, though playing solidly, seems to prefer direct assists over passing in the flow of the offense. While I don't think he's playing poorly or lacks basketball IQ, there are instances of indecisiveness in passing to Cam, allowing the Warriors to anticipate passes and disrupt the flow, impacting the rhythm of the scorer, even if it doesn't show in the stats.

Perhaps it's the natural dynamics of the Nets system, but it feels odd to have a less proficient scorer/shooter dictating the offense. In tonight's game, with Cam on fire, it would make sense for the offense to revolve around him, even if some situations, like the last possession with Mikal, present a 50-50 call between the hot hand and a good look.

Thanks for your explanation. And it's not only a Philly or Knicks fan, but your belief is held by some Nets fans also. I, however, remain convinced that the coaching staff and particularly Spencer are doing nothing to harm Cam's scoring. He is our leading scorer so I will not belabor the issue. But it doesn't make sense to me that anyone could conceivably want to try to slow his scoring. I may just be naive or myopic.

I do not see how it could be even argued in this game. He took over 25% (edited) of our shots. I don't think you could stop him from shooting even if you did try. And I do not see Spencer as having delusions of grandeur. Before this game, CT was averaging over 19 attempts a game. He has the 20th highest usage rate in the league, at a healthy 30.7. Spence is taking 12 shots a game at a usage rate of 20.2 which is 152d in the league. I think your fears are misplaced.

Finally, Spence may be a "less proficient scorer/shooter" than Cam, but IMHO he is far from dictating the offense. As the point guard he is running the offense. I believe the defense, not he, dictates who gets the pass and when. Most of all I find it hard to believe that in tonight's game anyone could believe that the offense did not revolve around Cam.

I will, therefor, agree to disagree.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,747

Post#64 » by 76ciology » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:21 am

ChuckS wrote:
76ciology wrote:
ChuckS wrote:

Thanks for your explanation. And it's not only a Philly or Knicks fan, but your belief is held by some Nets fans also. I, however, remain convinced that the coaching staff and particularly Spencer are doing nothing to harm Cam's scoring. He is our leading scorer so I will not belabor the issue. But it doesn't make sense to me that anyone could conceivably want to try to slow his scoring. I may just be naive or myopic.

I do not see how it could be even argued in this game. He took over 50% of our shots. I don't think you could stop him from shooting even if you did try. And I do not see Spencer as having delusions of grandeur. Before this game, CT was averaging over 19 attempts a game. He has the 20th highest usage rate in the league, at a healthy 30.7. Spence is taking 12 shots a game at a usage rate of 20.2 which is 152d in the league. I think your fears are misplaced.

Finally, Spence may be a "less proficient scorer/shooter" than Cam, but IMHO he is far from dictating the offense. As the point guard he is running the offense. I believe the defense, not he, dictates who gets the pass and when. Most of all I find it hard to believe that in tonight's game anyone could believe that the offense did not revolve around Cam.

I will, therefor, agree to disagree.

No problem and thanks for the explanation.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,866

Post#65 » by Karate Diop » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:13 pm

JoseRizal wrote:You can create a mix tape of Mikal's point blank missed layups...

Has he really missed that many? :lol:

I must have stopped keeping count... Really missed DFS and Dennis last night, they're the closest we have to enforcers and someone needed to step up when Golden Boy was out their gloating like he won the NBA finals.

Curry has really embraced the worst parts of Draymond. One of the luckiest stars in the history of the league...
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,480

Post#66 » by Stone » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:23 pm

Karate Diop wrote:
JoseRizal wrote:You can create a mix tape of Mikal's point blank missed layups...

I must have stopped keeping count... Really missed DFS and Dennis last night, they're the closest we have to enforcers and someone needed to step up when Golden Boy was out their gloating like he won the NBA finals.

Curry has really embraced the worst parts of Draymond. One of the luckiest stars in the history of the league...

Honest to God, I was not even mad to lose to former champs who are getting on in age, but went deep into the tank to pull this one off.

But when Steph was ass clowning gloating. He looked like the old guy at the club who had way too much to drink. I was embarrassed for him.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,866

Post#67 » by Karate Diop » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:33 pm

Stone wrote:
Karate Diop wrote:

Honest to God, I was not even mad to lose to former champs who are getting on in age, but went deep into the tank to pull this one off.

But when Steph was ass clowning gloating. He looked like the old guy at the club who had way too much to drink. I was embarrassed for him.

You could tell he was frustrated over how Cam was cooking him.

Return to Brooklyn Nets