ImageImageImageImageImage

Updated: Nets Trade Spencer Dinwiddie For Dennis Schröder, Thaddeus Young (Waived)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Re: Updated: Nets Trade Spencer Dinwiddie For Dennis Schröder, Thaddeus Young (Waived) 

Post#21 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Feb 9, 2024 2:41 pm

bubonicphoniks wrote:Was at the game tonight Schroeder was there they put him on the big screen.

Looked miserable to be here. Lol.

It's a tough situation. He said in the interview with Triplett that he has 3 kids that are going to stay in Canada for now. He's also got to know that he's a transition player on an expiring contract next year, so he should plan on renting month to month.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,075

Re: Updated: Nets Trade Spencer Dinwiddie For Dennis Schröder, Thaddeus Young (Waived) 

Post#22 » by Netaman » Fri Feb 9, 2024 2:57 pm

Supposedly he signed in TOR to be a starter, and now here I'd imagine they are hoping to use him as a 6th man in games when Ben10 is healthy. So probably not thrilled to be here for a bunch of reasons.

I think we need to keep expectations low and just hope for the 30 games or so he can provide some spark and more consistent scoring/shooting than they were getting from Dinwiddie. That's a pretty low bar but it's supported by the numbers.

For his career he's 43% from the field, 44% this year, Dinwiddie was at 39%. So a full 5% lower on 1 less shot.
For his career he's 34% from 3, 35% this year, Dinwiddie was at 32% shooting twice as many 3's.

and then next year he's a reason expiring that can be easily combined with DFS to bring in a player in the $20-30m range.
JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 329

Post#23 » by JKiddy » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:25 am

He is ready to prove himself here. Let Schroder get used to us this season. If he can lead our team to the play-in that is impressive. If we make it to the actually playoffs and go for a run it would be a very fun ride. I like his attitude now. He is ready to prove himself. We need to let him know that he has to let Bridges and the Cam's cook and he should be fine.

Return to Brooklyn Nets