ImageImageImageImageImage

Any nets fans rooting for us this playoffs?

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,342

Any nets fans rooting for us this playoffs? 

Post#1 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sat May 4, 2024 3:39 pm

Where yall at? :party:

ark, paradise, stone, netsworld, max... rest of the regulars I can't think of bc my brain is gone

hello brooklyn has been our biggest cheerleader :lol: :rofl2:
MaxZaslofskyJr
Rookie
And1: 671
Location: Teaneck, Long Island, Piscataway, Meadowlands, Newark, Brooklyn

Re: Any nets fans rooting for us this playoffs? 

Post#2 » by MaxZaslofskyJr » Sat May 4, 2024 8:40 pm

Well, we've kind of had this question before. My answer at the time was that I'd pull for the Knicks as long as they didn't do better than the next team to eventually win the NBA championship from New York... which is still going to be the Brooklyn Nets* :P

I do have respect for the NYK... they assembled a good bunch. They should go a couple of rounds.

Stay well and remember you'll always have 1973, Clyde and Willis and Dollar Bill!

Good hearin' from ya,

Max

* as they used to say in Brooklyn... just wait 'til next year!!
Les Selvage pioneered today's "modern basketball" in 1967.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#3 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sat May 4, 2024 9:32 pm

MaxZaslofskyJr wrote:Well, we've kind of had this question before. My answer at the time was that I'd pull for the Knicks as long as they didn't do better than the next team to eventually win the NBA championship from New York... which is still going to be the Brooklyn Nets* :P

I do have respect for the NYK... they assembled a good bunch. They should go a couple of rounds.

Stay well and remember you'll always have 1973, Clyde and Willis and Dollar Bill!

Good hearin' from ya,

Max

* as they used to say in Brooklyn... just wait 'til next year!!

:lol: been a min bro, seems like everyone disappeared or just waiting for next season/off season

Yea I'm just enjoying the ride/riding the wave, living in this moment...been 20+ years for the most part
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,947

Post#4 » by Rich Rane » Sat May 4, 2024 10:35 pm

Gonna be a hard pass. I hate NY fans and I say this as a Nets, Yankees, and Jets fan.

That said, I won't root against the Knicks, but I sure as :censored: won't root for them either.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,074

Post#5 » by Netaman » Sat May 4, 2024 11:49 pm

didnt mind philly getting knocked out. that's probably the end of the line though.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#6 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun May 5, 2024 2:31 am

Rich Rane wrote:Gonna be a hard pass. I hate NY fans and I say this as a Nets, Yankees, and Jets fan.

That said, I won't root against the Knicks, but I sure as :censored: won't root for them either.

At least u didn't throw the Mets in there :lol:
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,443

Post#7 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun May 5, 2024 2:57 am

Rich Rane wrote:Gonna be a hard pass. I hate NY fans and I say this as a Nets, Yankees, and Jets fan.

Was going to say, not rooting for them, but first time in a long time I wasn’t rooting against them.

Hate the Sixers though, and always have had a soft spot for the Pacers, so that will change this round lol.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 934

Post#8 » by bubonicphoniks » Sun May 5, 2024 7:26 am

Yes. I like Brunson working man underdog mentality and his footwork and creativity.

I like Mitch Robinson and Hartenschien who no one believed in.

Josh Hart ditto. Mcbride.

Yeah I like this Knicks team a lot.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,329

Post#9 » by Papi_swav » Sun May 5, 2024 9:43 pm

I'm def rooting for Knicks. But I'm different, I've always been a Nets and Knicks fan , I just rock wit BK more because I'm from Brooklyn. But lets go KNicks for sure ! Also, Knicks fans on the Knicks board always give me crap because they think Im a fake or a bandwagon which is annoying but whatever
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,487

Post#10 » by Stone » Sun May 5, 2024 10:10 pm

I have too many friends and relatives that are die hard Knicks fans. This is a big deal to them, and I am certain to be invited over to watch a weekend Knicks game. So I will be rooting for the Knicks.

I do have to issue a caveat ( :D ) ......If Cleveland wins the Boston series. I have been thinking for a while that this seasons Celtics remind me of the 90's Super Sonics teams that always racked up a huge number of regular season wins and lost in the playoffs. I would be difficult for me to root against Big Jay and Caris. If that happens it is a game time decision for me.

I am also closely following the western series's. The Wolves have an interesting thing going for themselves, but at the end of the day....may the best team win.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#11 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun May 5, 2024 11:03 pm

Papi_swav wrote:I'm def rooting for Knicks. But I'm different, I've always been a Nets and Knicks fan , I just rock wit BK more because I'm from Brooklyn. But lets go KNicks for sure ! Also, Knicks fans on the Knicks board always give me crap because they think Im a fake or a bandwagon which is annoying but whatever

I forgot u were honestly, always thought u was pure Nets but I do remember seeing u say that now

lol don't take those guys seriously just busting balls plus the rivalry

Were u a Knicks fan before Nets moved to BK?
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#12 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun May 5, 2024 11:05 pm

bubonicphoniks wrote:Yes. I like Brunson working man underdog mentality and his footwork and creativity.

I like Mitch Robinson and Hartenschien who no one believed in.

Josh Hart ditto. Mcbride.

Yeah I like this Knicks team a lot.

:party:

How about Deuce emerging finally getting playing time... fkn Thibs took long enough
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#13 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun May 5, 2024 11:08 pm

Stone wrote:I have too many friends and relatives that are die hard Knicks fans. This is a big deal to them, and I am certain to be invited over to watch a weekend Knicks game. So I will be rooting for the Knicks.

I do have to issue a caveat ( :D ) ......If Cleveland wins the Boston series. I have been thinking for a while that this seasons Celtics remind me of the 90's Super Sonics teams that always racked up a huge number of regular season wins and lost in the playoffs. I would be difficult for me to root against Big Jay and Caris. If that happens it is a game time decision for me.

I am also closely following the western series's. The Wolves have an interesting thing going for themselves, but at the end of the day....may the best team win.

:party:

can't see the Cavs beating the Celtics unless Mitchell goes off or Garland really steps up... would take a complete team effort. Although KP is out for now so that's big

Allen also needs to get healthy
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#14 » by Papi_swav » Sun May 5, 2024 11:48 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:I'm def rooting for Knicks. But I'm different, I've always been a Nets and Knicks fan , I just rock wit BK more because I'm from Brooklyn. But lets go KNicks for sure ! Also, Knicks fans on the Knicks board always give me crap because they think Im a fake or a bandwagon which is annoying but whatever

I forgot u were honestly, always thought u was pure Nets but I do remember seeing u say that now

I was always a fan of both because growing up I had the MSG and the YES channel so I used to watch both. This is when games weren't on TV as much, I think only Thursdays on TNT and fridays on ESPN like the early 00s. So I always used to flip the channels back and forth and always liked them equally. Until Nets moved to BK and I chose to ride with them a lil more but always want Knicks to win as well. I'm also a Yanks fan but I don't mind if the Mets win too lol I don't play into that city rivalry, I just want NY to win.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#15 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon May 6, 2024 2:02 am

Papi_swav wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:

I was always a fan of both because growing up I had the MSG and the YES channel so I used to watch both. This is when games weren't on TV as much, I think only Thursdays on TNT and fridays on ESPN like the early 00s. So I always used to flip the channels back and forth and always liked them equally. Until Nets moved to BK and I chose to ride with them a lil more but always want Knicks to win as well. I'm also a Yanks fan but I don't mind if the Mets win too lol I don't play into that city rivalry, I just want NY to win.

:o :o :o

being a knicks AND nj nets fan is CRAZY back then :noway: :lol:

that's like blasphemy :rofl:
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#16 » by Papi_swav » Mon May 6, 2024 2:31 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:I forgot u were honestly, always thought u was pure Nets but I do remember seeing u say that now

I was a kid I didn't know any better lol but yea I know I'm different than everybody else
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#17 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon May 6, 2024 2:39 am

Papi_swav wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:I was always a fan of both because growing up I had the MSG and the YES channel so I used to watch both. This is when games weren't on TV as much, I think only Thursdays on TNT and fridays on ESPN like the early 00s. So I always used to flip the channels back and forth and always liked them equally. Until Nets moved to BK and I chose to ride with them a lil more but always want Knicks to win as well. I'm also a Yanks fan but I don't mind if the Mets win too lol I don't play into that city rivalry, I just want NY to win.

I was a kid I didn't know any better lol but yea I know I'm different than everybody else

Bwhahaha just fkn w you :lol:
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,915

Post#18 » by Karate Diop » Tue May 7, 2024 2:14 am

Nope. The Knicks play hard, but the ridiculous amount of questionable calls they get in their favor is nauseating.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#19 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:01 pm

Karate Diop wrote:Nope. The Knicks play hard, but the ridiculous amount of questionable calls they get in their favor is nauseating.

For 20+ years we haven't gotten a "favorable whistle"

Not Marbury, Melo, STAT, Chauncey, Kidd, Randle, Rose, Crawford, KP...

We finally are getting some "home cooking" and suddenly it's this overblown problem like Philly wasn't living at the foul line
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,276

Post#20 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Mon May 13, 2024 3:52 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:Where yall at? :party:

ark, paradise, stone, netsworld, max... rest of the regulars I can't think of bc my brain is gone

hello brooklyn has been our biggest cheerleader :lol: :rofl2:

I’d rather root for Ben Simmons summer instagram training clips :lol:

Nahhhh I’m all Nets in basketball , I don’t watch Baseball, Football or Hockey

Only Nets and soccer (European football)

Return to Brooklyn Nets