ImageImageImageImageImage

NJN/IND trade involving JO w/ nj keeping big 3...

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

croz24
Sophomore
And1: 3

NJN/IND trade involving JO w/ nj keeping big 3... 

Post#1 » by croz24 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:42 am

...posted this on the trade board and curious as to what you think...

deal including future picks that should be good for both teams...

ind receives - s. williams, wright, krstic, nachbar, magloire, collins, + 2 future 1sts

njn receives - jo, harrison, graham

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.
Due to Indiana and New Jersey being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and New Jersey had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Trade ID
Trade ID #4380074
Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario.

Try Another Trade or visit our Trade Forum.
Indiana Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +4.1 ppg, +8.8 rpg, and +0.3 apg.
Incoming Players
Sean Williams
6-10 PF from Boston College
7.3 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 0.4 apg in 21.0 minutes
Antoine Wright
6-6 SG / SF from Texas A&M
8.8 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 1.7 apg in 30.0 minutes
Nenad Krstic
7-0 PF / C from Serbia-Montenegro (Foreign)
4.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.2 apg in 15.0 minutes
Bostjan Nachbar
6-9 PF from Slovenia (Foreign)
10.0 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 0.9 apg in 22.2 minutes
Jamaal Magloire
6-11 C from Kentucky
2.3 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 0.4 apg in 12.9 minutes
Jason Collins
7-0 C from Stanford
1.1 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.6 apg in 17.5 minutes
Outgoing Players
Stephen Graham
6-6 SG from Oklahoma State
9.0 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.5 apg in 11.2 minutes
David Harrison
7-0 C from Colorado
4.8 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.5 apg in 13.6 minutes
Jermaine O'Neal
6-11 PF from Eau Claire (HS)
16.5 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 2.9 apg in 31.8 minutes
New Jersey Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -4.1 ppg, -8.8 rpg, and -0.3 apg.
Incoming Players
Stephen Graham
6-6 SG from Oklahoma State
9.0 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.5 apg in 11.2 minutes
David Harrison
7-0 C from Colorado
4.8 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.5 apg in 13.6 minutes
Jermaine O'Neal
6-11 PF from Eau Claire (HS)
16.5 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 2.9 apg in 31.8 minutes
Outgoing Players
Sean Williams
6-10 PF from Boston College
7.3 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 0.4 apg in 21.0 minutes
Antoine Wright
6-6 SG / SF from Texas A&M
8.8 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 1.7 apg in 30.0 minutes
Nenad Krstic
7-0 PF / C from Serbia-Montenegro (Foreign)
4.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.2 apg in 15.0 minutes
Bostjan Nachbar
6-9 PF from Slovenia (Foreign)
10.0 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 0.9 apg in 22.2 minutes
Jamaal Magloire
6-11 C from Kentucky
2.3 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 0.4 apg in 12.9 minutes
Jason Collins
7-0 C from Stanford
1.1 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.6 apg in 17.5 minutes
kidd2carter2006
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#2 » by kidd2carter2006 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:35 am

on behalf of everyone else that posts on this board, i officially diagnose you with down syndrome
croz24
Sophomore

Post#3 » by croz24 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:45 am

unfair to which side? because it really is a fair and good deal to both in my eyes...
Merciful
Ballboy

No 

Post#4 » by Merciful » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:43 am

Are you a spy, or something? Lawrence of Arabia? :P
bigballa3jj
Bench Warmer
And1: 183

Post#5 » by bigballa3jj » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:56 am

nets are NOT giving up swat
croz24
Sophomore

Post#6 » by croz24 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:57 am

not giving up swat even if it means a starting lineup with jo, kidd, carter, and rj? that alone rivals boston and detroit...
Adam1221
Sixth Man
And1: 397

Post#7 » by Adam1221 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 11:14 am

I actually approve this trade and like it a lot!!!
Do it Thorn!
G_MoNeY
Veteran

Post#8 » by G_MoNeY » Wed Jan 2, 2008 1:11 pm

why would you approve this? We're getting Stephen Graham as a filler who could be had via free agency for the longest time and probably will be available again. He won't crack our rotation. I like any deal that involves us getting JO, because I personally feel he's the type of player we need with Kidd/VC.

However, getting JO and Harrison but giving up SWAT, Wright, Krstic, Collins, Nachbar, Magloire PLUS 2 1st rounders is WAY too much. We have no need for both of them, and a trade this big is unlikely to happen anyways. We keep SWAT and/or Krstic/Nachbar. Most importantly we keep at least one of our 1st rounders.
Adam1221
Sixth Man
And1: 397

Post#9 » by Adam1221 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 2:53 pm

G_MoNeY wrote:why would you approve this? We're getting Stephen Graham as a filler who could be had via free agency for the longest time and probably will be available again. He won't crack our rotation. I like any deal that involves us getting JO, because I personally feel he's the type of player we need with Kidd/VC.

However, getting JO and Harrison but giving up SWAT, Wright, Krstic, Collins, Nachbar, Magloire PLUS 2 1st rounders is WAY too much. We have no need for both of them, and a trade this big is unlikely to happen anyways. We keep SWAT and/or Krstic/Nachbar. Most importantly we keep at least one of our 1st rounders.

I approve it because if we can get JO in any possible way without giving up RJ that would automatically make us the best team in the east if not the NBA.
Get JO, get a couple of scrubs keep RJ,Vince and Kidd and you have an odds on championship team.
I admit that giving up Williams and Nenad is kinda killing our future but look at it this way 1)with Kidd in our line up were a win now team 2)Nenad is a free agent that we might loose next season and we dont know if he wants to stay on the other hand JO made it known that he wants to play for us or the Lakers.,
iceman3699
Senior
And1: 69

Post#10 » by iceman3699 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:04 pm

To be competitive for the next 3 years...I'd do it, while also noticing the disclaimer saying we will be terrible for the next 10.

Just need to pick up a couple of decent players from FA to fill out our bench, and hey you never know.
G_MoNeY
Veteran

Post#11 » by G_MoNeY » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:04 pm

and if we do that, we lose all our depth and pretty much done if an injury occurs. We're giving up too much, I don't like losing 2 draft picks, Nachbar AND SWAT.
mack69
Pro Prospect

Post#12 » by mack69 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:50 pm

The deal is very lopsided!!!!!!! Indiana wouldn't be able to keep all these players. I do think at this time that the JO window is closing because Indiana is winning at the moment and the last several games JO has had good games by leading the team with scoring and I dont think they are going to trade him now.

I think that we should think along the lines of moving Collins or Mags for a solid three point shooter or athletic big to backup Boone and Swill. Once Nenad is ready to play we will have enough frontcourt scoring. I was on the ESPN trade machine yesterday and I worked out trade with us Denver and Seattle.

We pick up Nene, Jr Smith and Delonte West.

Denver gets Marcus Williams, Mags and Collins, with Seattle getting Antoine Wright.

Denver needs some relief of their salary cap situation and picking up PG prospect to start by next season.

Seattle has too many PG but pick up a serviceable swing player who can play defense.

Its a dream but take look at our roster.

PG - Kidd, West, Armstrong
SG- Carter, Smith, Thomas
SF- Jefferson, Nachbar
PF- Swill, Nene,
C - Krstic, Boone
The "Turnpike" deserve a NBA championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!
croz24
Sophomore

Post#13 » by croz24 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:32 pm

the nets are giving up a lot, but because of salary reasons, the ONLY way they can get jo without one of their 3 stars, is with a deal almost identical to that. graham is a throw in and harrison is a very servicable, solid player when healthy...
deviljets7
Lead Assistant
And1: 24

Post#14 » by deviljets7 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:34 pm

There's no denying that this trade is good from a talent standpoint, but it's just not realistic for two reasons:

1. Considering NJ has only 14 players on the roster, a deal that moves out six players mid-season probably isn't feasible.

2. As great as a quartet of Kidd, Carter, Jefferson and O'Neil is, that really is financial situation. The four of them combine to make $70.668 million in 08/09. Realistically, you'd be looking at an $85 million payroll (before luxury tax) next year for a team that is currently at $67 million and is in the bottom third of attendance. To say that Ratner would take a bloodbath financially is an understatement.
enetric wrote:You have the perfect fat% to sit on your butt, eat crap and WATCH someone else do it though. Hell, at that body fat% you might be a starter.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,906

Post#15 » by Rich Rane » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:43 pm

I'd say other than financial and realistic reasons (I doubt any President/GM gives up every 4 and 5 on the roster in one trade), why not do this trade? "We give up our young guys and our depth-" and shut up. We become versatile on both ends and a guarenteed playoff contender. Over the next three years, we have an arms race with Boston on free agents who would love to play with both teams for little money. Sorry, but Kidd, Carter, RJ, JO, and Harrison puts us over the top.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,437

Post#16 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:53 pm

Take S. Will out of the deal and its done.
Plus next year we could sign Boki as a free Agent, and although I doubt they would, Indianna might even buy him out after the trade and then we would be able to resign him.

Edit: Actually if they would buy out anybody in the deal it would probrably be Wright if anyone, in hindsight looking at the trade again.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
croz24
Sophomore

Post#17 » by croz24 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:36 pm

sorry but the nets would have to give up something of value beyond just the 1sts if they are giving away rj, vc, or kidd in the deal. s will would HAVE to be included...
MazzNets
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by MazzNets » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:25 pm

To people that are complaining about giving up SWAT...

You think people in Boston care about giving up Al 20/10 Jefferson?

Actually, I think they forgot.

Why?

KG

All things considered no JO isn't KG BUT when you consider you don't have to give up either of our 25 ppg scorers for him EVERYONE on the team becomes immediately better.

WHO DO YOU DOUBLE? CAN YOU DOUBLE?

Those are questions teams would be asking themselves when seeing a lineup like this.

This deal makes no financial sense sure.

I think putting Collins into the deal, taking out lets say Nachbar, Krstic (I don't know if this works financially so I apologize.

Collins is essentially expiring when you factor in when this deal is completed near the break or the trading deadline.

Collins, Boone, Williams, Williams, Wright+2 firsts Pacers would still do that for JO, Graham, Harrison

Again, this deal for the reasons mentioned has no chance of happening BUT I would deal SWAT for JO given the chance to put him with VC/RJ/Kidd and run with it
"Listen ref, don't make me go Opie Dope!"
MazzNets
Sixth Man

Post#19 » by MazzNets » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:32 pm

As a follow up:

You look at the deal...

Collins (expiring in a sense)
Boone (solid big man for them to build with)
SWAT (surest thing in the deal potential out the ass)
Williams (really hasn't taken that next step for a young PG)
Wright (have to worry about resigning him)
2 first (you hope they aren't lottery, they shouldn't be)

If you want to switch Boone with Krstic be my guest granted I'm not sure if they want to add another question mark in Krstic whereas Boone has shown signs of being a solid big in this league...

BUT

What it all comes down to it is essentially SWAT/Boone for JO as far as being the true impact players in the deal

Whether anything else comes of any of the other players I'm not sure
"Listen ref, don't make me go Opie Dope!"
MJallday59
Veteran
And1: 116

The Pacers would consider this if... 

Post#20 » by MJallday59 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:59 pm

The Pacers would want Marcus williams in any trade scenerio they get.

I think Thorn would pull the trigger if they could some how keep their pick this season.

Maybe with

Marcus Williams
Sean Williams
Nachbar
Malik Allen
J-mags
+ Jason Collins contract

That might incline Bird to sign off on it.

The only question is, are we giving up too much to get this guy? ??

Also, can we stop referring to Kidd, Carter and RJ as the Big Three???! Thanks

Return to Brooklyn Nets