Magloire
Collins
1st round pick

Bibby/Udrih
Kmart/Garcia/Douby
Artest/Salmons
Moore/Thomas/SAR
Hawes/Williams/Collins/Magloire

Why for NJ-They're not getting any younger, and this trade helps them win now.Adding a shooting/passing C in Miller to pair with Kidd/Carter/RJ and assuming Krstic gets healthy forms a very dangerous offensive team.

Why for SAC- They get the 1st rounder which should be a decent pick and have more flexibility financially.This is basically splitting Miller's contract in half, half(Magloire) expires at the end of this season and the other half(Collins) after next season, while Miller's deal runs through this season and 2 more seasons after that.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,437

Post#2 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:01 pm

I have proposed pretty much this identical trade numerous times.

Offer taken.

Done deal.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#3 » by NetsForce » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:06 pm

I think it's a question of whether or not the Nets would be willing to add Miller's big salary to their payroll more than anything else... Well then there's also the "problem" of the Nets having had some pretty successful draft picks the last couple of years so I wonder how willing they are going to be to part with a 1st round draft pick.

It's not a bad deal and Miller did have an impressive run of games recently but I'm thinking financial reasons might keep this deal from occurring.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,437

Post#4 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:12 pm

Dude that sig is friggin classic.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
FGump
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#5 » by FGump » Wed Jan 2, 2008 11:38 pm

You wanna trade to add one more guy who needs the ball, one more guy shooting outside shots, one more guy who can't play defense worth a lick?

I don't see how Miller provides a single needed thing for NJ. There has to be a much better option.

Return to Brooklyn Nets