ImageImageImageImageImage

OT : Which one should I get?

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#21 » by SpeedyG » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:28 pm

VCRJKidd15 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The PS3 online maybe be free but the 360's Live is more superior cant even debate about it. Also sending in 2 xbox's means that the PS3 is greatness? I mean i enjoy the PS3 but with all these horrible reason for why the xbox is "worse" then the PS3 its just making me like super microsoft fanboy defending the 360

No one is saying the 360 is worse. We're just giving the facts, and the fact is that 360's hardware has had a lot more issues than the PS3.

While Xbox Live is a better service, it's also a PAY service, and believe it or not, that matters. PS3's online service pretty much does most of the things that Xbox Live does, it's just that Live has better interface, and faster connection due to dedicated servers.

But for someone who's just looking to be able to download demos, hop online and play with friends, PSN does all of those things well enough for free.
RJ 24
Senior
And1: 10

Post#22 » by RJ 24 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:47 pm

get a 360. yes the hardware of the ps3 is better but the 360 is a better gaming platform. it has far better games than the ps3. there is no contest when it comes to online, live owns playstation network. on playstation, you can't even view your friends list or messages unless you back out of your game and go to the main menu. on 360, you can pretty much do anything in a game or out of one. About the blu-ray. yes its a nice feature but what if HD-DVD wins? what are you going to do then when blu-rays arent around and no body makes movies for them? ps3 will still have to have this format to make their games (i think). Thats a big IF. the only reason i suggest you buy a ps3 is because your friends most likely have one. Playing online with your friends is awesome.

2k8 > Live 08
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#23 » by SpeedyG » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:50 pm

RJ 24 wrote:get a 360. yes the hardware of the ps3 is better but the 360 is a better gaming platform. it has far better games than the ps3. there is no contest when it comes to online, live owns playstation network. on playstation, you can't even view your friends list or messages unless you back out of your game and go to the main menu. on 360, you can pretty much do anything in a game or out of one. About the blu-ray. yes its a nice feature but what if HD-DVD wins? what are you going to do then when blu-rays arent around and no body makes movies for them? ps3 will still have to have this format to make their games (i think). Thats a big IF. the only reason i suggest you buy a ps3 is because your friends most likely have one. Playing online with your friends is awesome.

2k8 > Live 08

Blu-ray is currently winning I believe, and PS3 sales are starting to pick up after the price cuts, so it should continue moving forward.

The main thing 360 has right now is the library of games it has. But in my case, I don't play FPS games, which was why 360 never really was high on my list ( I got a Wii and a PS3).
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#24 » by halfHAVOC » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:55 pm

360 is a pain in the ass. but idk i never plyed ps3
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#25 » by jeff1624 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:57 pm

^^A few of questions for you speedy

-Are you enjoying the wii??

-What current games do you have for the wii?

-And are you a smash bros fan??
Dat Leadership
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#26 » by SpeedyG » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:26 pm

jeff1624 wrote:^^A few of questions for you speedy

-Are you enjoying the wii??

-What current games do you have for the wii?

-And are you a smash bros fan??

Rarely play Wii. Was really psyched about it (got it on launch day, waited in front of target at 4am) and absolutely loved it when I first got it. As a hardcore gamer though, the charm has worn off for me.

I have Wii Sports, Zelda, and Madden 07.

Wii Sports gets the most play, mostly when I have people over as a party game (4 player tennis rocks). Madden, offensively was intuitive, but a problem defensively (especially if you like to use DBs on defense).

In the end, I've come to realize that the times I usually play video games (when I get home from work), I really don't feel like doing a lot of gyrating motions. I just want to pick up a controller, kick back, and have a blast.

PS3 I have Ridge Racer 7, Fight Night, Enchanted Arms, Madden 08, VF5 and Rock Band.
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#27 » by jeff1624 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:45 pm

^^feel the same, I sold my wii because it got really tiring after a while. I'll eventually pick another one up when brawl hits stores.
Dat Leadership
jerseyjac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34

Post#28 » by jerseyjac » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:30 pm

RJ 24 wrote:get a 360. yes the hardware of the ps3 is better but the 360 is a better gaming platform. it has far better games than the ps3. there is no contest when it comes to online, live owns playstation network. on playstation, you can't even view your friends list or messages unless you back out of your game and go to the main menu. on 360, you can pretty much do anything in a game or out of one. About the blu-ray. yes its a nice feature but what if HD-DVD wins? what are you going to do then when blu-rays arent around and no body makes movies for them? ps3 will still have to have this format to make their games (i think). Thats a big IF. the only reason i suggest you buy a ps3 is because your friends most likely have one. Playing online with your friends is awesome.

2k8 > Live 08

as far as the blu-ray vs HD-DVD debate, there is a lot more selling to go before any predictions should be made...I would think this has a couple years to go...w/ Blockbuster backing blu-ray, there is a lot more exposure...I havent seen many promotions other than your HD-DVD players being sold...You have that rebate going on for blu-ray movies, when purchasing a blu-ray disc player...the price cut on PS3 has done wonders since the 40gb release and remember Sony is playing catch up w. Xbox being released first...(and I traded in my PS2 toward the PS3...)

Across the board Xbox 360 is cheaper in price, has more of a selection in games...and it has some more attributes online, but you do have to pay...

when you look at PS3, I feel you have the best of both worlds...HD movies, online gaming, and probably the better game console overall...
jerseyjac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34

Post#29 » by jerseyjac » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:33 pm

SpeedyG wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Rarely play Wii. Was really psyched about it (got it on launch day, waited in front of target at 4am) and absolutely loved it when I first got it. As a hardcore gamer though, the charm has worn off for me.

I have Wii Sports, Zelda, and Madden 07.

Wii Sports gets the most play, mostly when I have people over as a party game (4 player tennis rocks). Madden, offensively was intuitive, but a problem defensively (especially if you like to use DBs on defense).

In the end, I've come to realize that the times I usually play video games (when I get home from work), I really don't feel like doing a lot of gyrating motions. I just want to pick up a controller, kick back, and have a blast.

PS3 I have Ridge Racer 7, Fight Night, Enchanted Arms, Madden 08, VF5 and Rock Band.

you know Wii has done wonders...but I agree 100%...

Return to Brooklyn Nets