ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Game Thread: Nets @ Magic (31)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#101 » by NetsForce » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:52 am

Yeah you're right the Nets bought the refs. Well actually the Nets didn't buy the refs, I DID.

The only thing that concerns me right now is Marcus Williams he has to get his head back into the game, I know he's coming back from his injury but getting picked by that third string point guard on the Magic is ridiculous -_-... He seemed to have good chemistry with Wright though so hopefully when Wright returns Marcus will benefit. In general Marcus seems to work better with players who do a lot of cutting and moving without the ball that's why I'm not always in favor of him playing alongside Carter =/
G_MoNeY
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#102 » by G_MoNeY » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:53 am

refs were horrible, you guys got plenty of calls in the 1st half with all your steals when you were hacking our guys. VC got fouled on that shot late in the 4th and there was no call, should've been an "and 1"

Anyways, does anyone think Marcus is expendable? I know he's supposed to be the future, but he's not in game shape yet and could be attractive in a deal obviously. DA deserves the game ball tonight.
Birth of the Cool
Analyst
And1: 1,455

Post#103 » by Birth of the Cool » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:53 am

crazy game. Nets totally stole that one.

Nets were in good shape in 1st quarter then w/ Lewis/Howard on bench & in penalty their offense disappears...then every time they cut it to single digits Orlando stave's them off...

Two big things changed the course of the game: DA's defense & PG play and Nelson taking over Magic's offense while Arroyo rested.

Was it a foul in the end..sure, but NBA Ref's suck & they almost always put their whistles in their pockets in situations like that (which I disagree with btw). VC got fouled on his made shot late in the game too but no call (and the Howard foul on VC was a legit foul).

I think Orlando fans can argue that some calls definitely did not go their way but the Nets won't feel sorry for them (they got jobbed on calls vs Pistons). Nets still had to fight back to steal this one though so you have to give them some respect for not folding. Luckily Howard didn't get on any of his FT streaks too.

Who would have thought Foyle & Collins each getting 10 points...just a freakin' weird game...
jerseyjac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34

Post#104 » by jerseyjac » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:53 am

Happyfoosball wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You mean the elbow that was called an offensive foul?

So why wasn't Kidds hack on Hedo called? Is it legal to foul someone at the end of the game? The whole fourth qtr was like that. Nj was up playing really aggressivly and hacking Orlando all over the floor without getting called for it. If the Magic as much as contested a shot it was called about 2/3 of the time whether there was a foul or not. In addition, what about VC getting bailed out by the refs? He just threw himself in to Dwight for that foul. So why doesn't Hedo get the same benefit on the other end? Hedo got fouled worse then Carter did but there is no call? Horse ****. This game was crap. You idiots can brag if you want but this game was clearly bought. It's not like I ever talk like this either. But that was total and complete crap.

:roll: ... :kiss: you feel better now???
S.I.C. GM
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#105 » by S.I.C. GM » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:53 am

The Letter J wrote:Good game. See ya again Feb. 6th.

I like you.

You can come back anytime. You have some CLASS. You should teach your buddies some.
SIC
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#106 » by halfHAVOC » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:54 am

darell armstrong is g o d .

we shoulda had RJ on hedo because of the height and RJ is alot stronger than hedo. VC on shard, and kidd on bogans.
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
jerseyjac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#107 » by jerseyjac » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:55 am

S.I.C. GM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I like you.

You can come back anytime. You have some CLASS. You should teach your buddies some.

exactly...

little boys and girls visit the oppostion's forum and cry about the refs and how this call and how that call...balblablablablalbalbalablbbablalalalal...

cry on your own board...we're not interested...
NelsonToHoward
Freshman

Post#108 » by NelsonToHoward » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:55 am

i just dont like losing to crappy teams you guys dont understand
jerseyjac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#109 » by jerseyjac » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:56 am

G_MoNeY wrote:refs were horrible, you guys got plenty of calls in the 1st half with all your steals when you were hacking our guys. VC got fouled on that shot late in the 4th and there was no call, should've been an "and 1"

Anyways, does anyone think Marcus is expendable? I know he's supposed to be the future, but he's not in game shape yet and could be attractive in a deal obviously. DA deserves the game ball tonight.

exactly...well said G...
G_MoNeY
Veteran

Post#110 » by G_MoNeY » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:57 am

jerseyjac wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:roll: ... :kiss: you feel better now???

haha. Kidd "hacked" Hedo huh? How about a tie up cause he had both hands on the ball, there was no swipe AT ALL. VC should've gotten the foul call when he made the shot and Dwight was moving, no call. The refs were bad on BOTH sides tonight. You guys didn't finish out the game, plain and simple. We fought back, had the momentum -- basketball is all about runs, you guys brought back in your starters too late and we had the edge. End of story.
jerseyjac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#111 » by jerseyjac » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:58 am

NelsonToHoward wrote:i just dont like losing to crappy teams you guys dont understand

this is called trolling and you have been offically warned...
jerseyjac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#112 » by jerseyjac » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:59 am

G_MoNeY wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

haha. Kidd "hacked" Hedo huh? How about a tie up cause he had both hands on the ball, there was no swipe AT ALL. VC should've gotten the foul call when he made the shot and Dwight was moving, no call. The refs were bad on BOTH sides tonight. You guys didn't finish out the game, plain and simple. We fought back, had the momentum -- basketball is all about runs, you guys brought back in your starters too late and we had the edge. End of story.

enough said...
S.I.C. GM
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#113 » by S.I.C. GM » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:00 am

G_MoNeY wrote:refs were horrible, you guys got plenty of calls in the 1st half with all your steals when you were hacking our guys. VC got fouled on that shot late in the 4th and there was no call, should've been an "and 1"

I dont get stuff like this. The M. Will had a cast on his foot two weeks ago.

I am a big fan of DA. DA is capable of this every night, but FRANK has no clue of what he has on the bench. Was brought her for his D and energy. Frank has just been an IDIOT.
SIC
ChampionRed
Assistant Coach
And1: 881

Post#114 » by ChampionRed » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:00 am

NelsonToHoward wrote:i just dont like losing to crappy teams you guys dont understand

:lol: ballboys... :noway:

LEAVE OUR BOARD.

:wave:
Cruzeirao
Rookie
And1: 33

Post#115 » by Cruzeirao » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:01 am

I would understand if we had lose today's game. But we won.

Thanks God. Would be a shame to lose to Orlando Magic.
NelsonToHoward
Freshman

Post#116 » by NelsonToHoward » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:01 am

how am i trolling im stating a fact. Just try ignoring me like the refs ignored the nets fouling us.
jerseyjac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#117 » by jerseyjac » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:03 am

S.I.C. GM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I dont get stuff like this. The M. Will had a cast on his foot two weeks ago.

I am a big fan of DA. DA is capable of this every night, but FRANK has no clue of what he has on the bench. Was brought her for his D and energy. Frank has just been an IDIOT.

I agree SIC...I hear ya...can we at least get pass that...he did stick with him tonight...I mean, even I was surprised...so lets be positive bro...we know how idiotic he can be...but lets be fair tonight...I know your venting...
isekii
Sixth Man
And1: 207

Post#118 » by isekii » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:05 am

NelsonToHoward wrote:how am i trolling im stating a fact. Just try ignoring me like the refs ignored the nets fouling us.

Wait till your team falls apart like last year..
Bynum = Future Olowokandi
Prepare to be disappointed Laker Fans.
NjNeTs1029
Starter
And1: 98

Post#119 » by NjNeTs1029 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:06 am

NelsonToHoward wrote:how am i trolling im stating a fact. Just try ignoring me like the refs ignored the nets fouling us.

stop crying. thats not going to make the refs call a foul on kidd. The magic lost get over it. The nets played harder and had all the momentum at the end of the game. The magic got away with more than the nets did so stop bitching.

and dont call the nets a crappy team until the magic do anything in the playoffs. :wink:
jerseyjac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#120 » by jerseyjac » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:06 am

I dont think you understand...call us a "crappy team" after letting you post garbage...I gave you some licks...now your officially warned a 2nd time...

Return to Brooklyn Nets