ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Game Thread: Nets @ Magic (31)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

S.I.C. GM
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#141 » by S.I.C. GM » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:08 pm

halfHAVOC wrote:hm why did VC get more shots than RJ?

Here is another comment I dont get.

VC will always get more shots. He should, but the issue isnt how many shots. It is how many he makes and how many FTA?

RJ had a bad game too. HIT your F'n FT. I think this team needs to spend one day just taking FT.

Nice win with 1st and 2nd option stinking it up. We have a nice bench. Another shooter is all we need. I wish we could get James Jones from POR. That would be great.
SIC
dacher
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#142 » by dacher » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:00 pm

Excellent job by Frank.

I think he let SWill foul out with the purpose of bringing in Collins to close out the game just to make a point to the media, fans and SWill that Sean still got a long way to go and grow and Collins is far from washed up and useless.

Moving Kidd to the 2 and Armstrong to the 1 was the key move to shore up perimeter defense. Armstrong hanging with and bothering Arroyo full-time, which let Kidd help-defend off Hedo without getting burned by the PG was everything. We won it on defense at the end.

Best win of the year
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#143 » by NetsForce » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:27 pm

dacher wrote:Best win of the year

Only win of the year :lol:
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,473

Post#144 » by Stone » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:56 pm

I only got to see the second half. I got stuck at work late last night. All I knew was that Swat was in foul trouble and we were losing and I was thinking it was going to another horror show.

Then I saw the second half and watched us fight back and play a great game of hoops. And to me thats what it is all about. Thats why I continue to watch year after year.

There is no doubt in my mind that we have a strong team that can compete on a high level. Why were getting killed at home and losing to team we should be beating is a mystery. This was an important win, one that we should be able to build on.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
mack69
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#145 » by mack69 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:59 pm

[quote="S.I.C. GM"][/quote]

I agree totally and i think James Jones would be a great pick up for outside shooting. Boki shot is not as good this year!!!!!!!
The "Turnpike" deserve a NBA championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mack69
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#146 » by mack69 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:06 pm

dacher wrote:Excellent job by Frank.

I think he let SWill foul out with the purpose of bringing in Collins to close out the game just to make a point to the media, fans and SWill that Sean still got a long way to go and grow and Collins is far from washed up and useless.

Moving Kidd to the 2 and Armstrong to the 1 was the key move to shore up perimeter defense. Armstrong hanging with and bothering Arroyo full-time, which let Kidd help-defend off Hedo without getting burned by the PG was everything. We won it on defense at the end.

Best win of the year

I agree best win of the season, Frank did a good job with the time outs to focus the team and not let the game get too far out of control. Collins play very well!!! and Malik Allen has found his niche with this team and the team is doing a good job of finding him on the pick and pop play.
The "Turnpike" deserve a NBA championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!
S.I.C. GM
Veteran

Post#147 » by S.I.C. GM » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:09 pm

dacher wrote: Excellent job by Frank.

Best win of the year

I think things happen by accident with FRANK.

1- Allen with the Pick and Pop
2- DA pressuring the ball handler
3- Playing Collins when the young guys are getting into foul trouble.
4- Taking him forever to put the young guys in the starting lineup.

Yeah I think you are right abotu SWILL. He could have easily subbed him with Boone. FRANK is an A$$.
SIC
VCRJKidd15
Lead Assistant
And1: 128

Post#148 » by VCRJKidd15 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:34 pm

wow just stfu and give credit to the man for once instead of trying to find a way to make him look bad.
ChampionRed
Assistant Coach
And1: 881

Post#149 » by ChampionRed » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:05 pm

Collins deserved to play at the end of the game. He had an excellent night. He is a true professional. He has not complained once about going from starter to DNPing...He plays hard every night and he will benefit from a smaller role on this team.
S.I.C. GM
Veteran

Post#150 » by S.I.C. GM » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:23 pm

VCRJKidd15 wrote:wow just stfu and give credit to the man for once instead of trying to find a way to make him look bad.

I dont know who you are talking to, but if it is towards me, nothing has changed. Frank still needs to go. 1 or 10 wins wont change that. We are still below .500. He makes himself look bad.

STFU that is the best you can do, IDIOT.

Read a book.
SIC
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#151 » by jeff1624 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:17 pm

^^Dude calm down, I was gonna post the samething he did (without the STFU of course)...

If we can bash frank for losing a game we should praise when he wins shouldnt we??
Dat Leadership
60cent
Pro Prospect
And1: 47

Post#152 » by 60cent » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:12 am

LOL Dont get too excited everyone... it's just the Magic. Of course we can beat them. No big deal. I was watching it like i was watching Heat vs Sonics. I slept like normal, like nothing really happened.

BTW, i think this game showed uss what the Nets really should do. A call for Collins!!!!!! START A GAME!!!!!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA!
Damn! You think Frank heard me? **** he really might end up starting him again!

And to you Magic fans trolling our board... Still don't get tired of getting smacked by the big dog huh?!! RAUF!!!!
S.I.C. GM
Veteran

Post#153 » by S.I.C. GM » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:16 pm

jeff1624 wrote:^^Dude calm down, I was gonna post the samething he did (without the STFU of course)...

If we can bash frank for losing a game we should praise when he wins shouldnt we??

I am calm.

With Frank, I dont believe in the glass half full theory.

The guy has done a bad job. He has done a bad job. One win wont change that. We are still under .500. Who knows if Frank realized a few things earlier like what I stated before, we could have won some more games some games. Oh one more thing that I forgot to mention. Frank's evaluation of Nenad. I dont flip flop on issues. Until I see grave improvement, I will let you all know. Until then the Bashing continues. Atleast be happy I have limited my VC bashing even though he is playing like CRAP!
SIC
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,536

Post#154 » by Furinkazan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:23 pm

"60cent"LOL Dont get too excited everyone... it's just the Magic.

We'll see in da playoffs.
IF u get there.:)
S.I.C. GM
Veteran

Post#155 » by S.I.C. GM » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:09 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:
"60cent"LOL Dont get too excited everyone... it's just the Magic.

We'll see in da playoffs.
IF u get there.:)

Last time some trolls came on this board talking about the statement you just posted.

We got to the playoffs and we did beat them in the first round.

Where are they now? Have you seen THEM!!!
SIC
Adam1221
Sixth Man
And1: 397

Post#156 » by Adam1221 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:38 pm

VCRJKidd15 wrote:wow just stfu and give credit to the man for once instead of trying to find a way to make him look bad.

Thats BS man Frank cost us sooo many wins this season forgiving him for making 1 correct call(puting Armstrong in) is messed up
S.I.C. GM
Veteran

Post#157 » by S.I.C. GM » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:36 pm

Adam1221 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Thats BS man Frank cost us sooo many wins this season forgiving him for making 1 correct call(puting Armstrong in) is messed up

The funny thing is Frank would have put in M.Will before he thought of DA, but M. Will isnt ready yet. DA should have always been the first option to releave Kidd until M. Will gets better. I would even do DA and M. Will at the same time. Just to get some pressure off M. Will and that monkey of being Kidd's backup off his back.
SIC
VCRJKidd15
Lead Assistant
And1: 128

Post#158 » by VCRJKidd15 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:39 pm

I have given the man credit for wins im not just giving him credit for this one win.
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#159 » by jeff1624 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:29 pm

So we should complain about frank even when we win??

I don't see the point in doing that...
Dat Leadership
Adam1221
Sixth Man
And1: 397

Post#160 » by Adam1221 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:37 pm

jeff1624 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

So we should complain about frank even when we win??

I don't see the point in doing that...

Thats not what Im saying.
What Im saying is that you cant use this one win as evidence that Frank is doing a good job when he cost us soo many wins earlier this season.

Return to Brooklyn Nets