ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Game Thread: Nets @ Magic (31)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#161 » by jeff1624 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:52 pm

^^I never said he was I just think its stupid (no offense) to criticze frank EVEN when we win...
Dat Leadership
S.I.C. GM
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#162 » by S.I.C. GM » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:51 pm

jeff1624 wrote:^^I never said he was I just think its stupid (no offense) to criticze frank EVEN when we win...

What you are saying doesnt make sense either.

Scott got fired after going to 2 finals back to back.

Carlisle got fired after going deep into the playoffs.

when something is wrong it is wrong. Not wrong 50%. You cant be half pregnant. Win or lose if the guy is doing a bad job, He is doing a bad job. He made many mistakes the other night.
SIC
Antti22
Senior
And1: 233

Post#163 » by Antti22 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:57 pm

S.I.C. GM wrote:Atleast be happy I have limited my VC bashing even though he is playing like CRAP!

He is bringing us W-s isn't he? VC has had some off nights, but he is bringing it in the crunch time for us.
I've seen almost every Nets game that has been and all i got to say is that, RJ fans will never understand VC. I like them both but they are so different players: RJ needs to be complimented by a good passer like JKidd and can't really do it on his own. Ok he does drive to the basket and get to the foul line but most of the time he needs help. He can't really pass the ball or create plays. VC on the other hands doesn't move half aswell without the ball, he is a ball player, he creates with the ball and is succesful most of the time, but it seems Frank hasn't realized it yet either, he is expecting him to play like RJ.
I admit that VC sometimes holds the ball too long in his hand but most of the time it will only result good things, especially when he holds the ball and decides to create with it to the basket, he can pass very well, if you hadn't noticed.
As for Marcus Williams, it's a bit sad to see young player in such a big trouble, i know he is good and can do it. But at the moment he looks helpless out there, he tries just too hard to do it all. I think he just needs some more time to get into it. Nets need a huge blowout win against someone so Marcus and others can try things and get the hold of it without HUGE pressure.
That win against Orlando was huge for us, but seeing us play in the first half was sad to look. Nothing worked and officials were like on orlando side, tho in the second half they just stopped doing their job at all, nothing got whistled.

Thanks for the attention, its just my opinion, don't kill me,
Antti
S.I.C. GM
Veteran

Post#164 » by S.I.C. GM » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:38 pm

[quote="Antti22"][/quote]

First, let me say welcome. I am also flattered that your first post starts by quoting me.

I am not a RJ fan and definitely not a VC fan. I am a Nets fan.

As far as RJ, I agree with you somewhat. Remember the 2 big clutch shots by VC this year was from a RJ drive and Kick.
SIC
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#165 » by jeff1624 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:41 pm

When the hell did I ever say I want frank to keep coaching this team???

I just thinks it pointless to criticize the coaches moves in a win... Unless it's an obvious one but you can't really blame him because SWill fouled out in 16 min....
Dat Leadership
Antti22
Senior
And1: 233

Post#166 » by Antti22 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:49 pm

Thank you SIC.

As for Frank, he isn't the best coach we could have, but during winning streak it is wierd to complain about it... He has done some wise decicion, for example changing starting lineup to young guys. That means he is learning :)

And SIC, as for quoting you in my first post, its just that i have read this forum for quite a long time but haven't had an urge to post that much yet, but now i felt i had to say it :) And i think i would have some comments on your other posts aswell, but thats not the reason i joined :) No hard feelings.
sarah42
Starter

Post#167 » by sarah42 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:54 pm

i just wanted to add, i watched this game and was disgusted at the first half, how both lewis and howard are out because of foul trouble, yet orlando gets an even bigger role

and then williams comes in to play pg and just chokes, but when Darrell came in...that was like out of a movie!

the yes reporter telling him he had a great smile - lol, he was was so damn cute about it. that dude was electric, an absolute energy guy, yet he's probably the oldest guy in league after Dikembe.

what a fun game to watch. his shots were so clutch. and VC had that clutch moment at the end when he got that foul call. good to see he drove into the lane like that.

Orlando looks so fake. how many times will they lose at home?
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father

Return to Brooklyn Nets