ImageImageImageImageImage

Hot streak

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

superLuigi21
Junior
And1: 26

Hot streak 

Post#1 » by superLuigi21 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:14 am

our next 4 games are very winnable IMO, it would be nice to get to the celtics game on a 7 game winning streak, and 9 out of 10 also... would do wonders for their confidence level, which could then rise even more if we could actually beat a legit team this year... of course im getting ahead of myself tho
Fastbreak5633
Junior
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Fastbreak5633 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:34 am

I was thinking the same exact thing earlier today. We should be able to go into the game against the Celtics atleast over .500. That would be nice. And we usually get hot after the All Star break so we should be good. But we gotta see if they keep the core together which I am pretty pessimistic about.
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#3 » by halfHAVOC » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:52 am

same, i think if we keep this up, who knows we can upset the celtics, i think the pistons are harder and if we locked it down vs them in the first half, imagine if we do that all game vs the celtics.

i think we can go on a 10+ win game hotstreak, watch us come up on espn lol.
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
Adam1221
Sixth Man
And1: 397

Post#4 » by Adam1221 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:08 pm

Id love for it to happen but you guys are WAAAAAAY too optimistic.
Sure weve won the last couple of games(1 of them was very very impressive) but you guys are forgeting that this team is very unpredictible, weve lost games to team's that are much worse than the ones were about to face in the form of the Knicks,the Cippers,Memphis and Sacramento.
S.I.C. GM
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#5 » by S.I.C. GM » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:31 pm

As great as the Celtics are I still think they are beatable.

1- Defending the 3pt line. This is one of our big issues. A lineup of DA, Kidd, and RJ can help this out. RJ needs to step up his perimeter D.

2- SWill and Boone will have a few more starts under their belts. SWill did a decent job on KG. As long as SWill stays out of foul trouble. We can always throw Collins at him. Mags should play too but put him on Perkins or Big Baby.

3- Our bench is still better then theirs. If they can come close to the production of the Magic Game, we will be ok.

4- Keep the game close by the fourth quarter. I really think this is where the Celtics will fall. The Celtics seem to get tired towards the end of games. If we make the Big 3 work for 3 quarters they wont be able to hang.

Though it will be tough I think the Nets have a chance.
SIC
superLuigi21
Junior
And1: 26

Post#6 » by superLuigi21 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:40 pm

Adam1221 wrote:Id love for it to happen but you guys are WAAAAAAY too optimistic.
Sure weve won the last couple of games(1 of them was very very impressive) but you guys are forgeting that this team is very unpredictible, weve lost games to team's that are much worse than the ones were about to face in the form of the Knicks,the Cippers,Memphis and Sacramento.

as a fan theres nothing wrong w/being optimistic.... and as a player u cant downplay the confidence/swagger factor, it definitly elevates ur game, anyone whos played ball would have to agree
mack69
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by mack69 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:45 pm

Believe it or not a lot of our success depends on Frank!

His management of the game is critical to all of the roles so that they are define and executed without hesitation.

Start the game with the motion offensive sets so that RJ can get into the game early. Then first sub off the bench DA and Malik so that Carter can execute the pick and pop

DA and Kidd can play hard defense at the end of the first half. We learn from the magic game that DA can inspire teammates to play hard on the court and this has been missing for quite a while.

Frank dont forget the magic game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The "Turnpike" deserve a NBA championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mack69
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by mack69 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:52 pm

halfHAVOC wrote:same, i think if we keep this up, who knows we can upset the celtics, i think the pistons are harder and if we locked it down vs them in the first half, imagine if we do that all game vs the celtics.

i think we can go on a 10+ win game hotstreak, watch us come up on espn lol.

I agree the pistons are the best team in the east!!!!!

But we can play with them if we have our full team Antoine and Nenad included. We need to begin imposing our style of play against teams instead of reacting. These next set games are winnable ones but we need to play our game.

Frank dont forget the magic game.
The "Turnpike" deserve a NBA championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#9 » by NetsForce » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:53 pm

S.I.C. GM wrote:As great as the Celtics are I still think they are beatable.

1- Defending the 3pt line. This is one of our big issues. A lineup of DA, Kidd, and RJ can help this out. RJ needs to step up his perimeter D.

2- SWill and Boone will have a few more starts under their belts. SWill did a decent job on KG. As long as SWill stays out of foul trouble. We can always throw Collins at him. Mags should play too but put him on Perkins or Big Baby.

3- Our bench is still better then theirs. If they can come close to the production of the Magic Game, we will be ok.

4- Keep the game close by the fourth quarter. I really think this is where the Celtics will fall. The Celtics seem to get tired towards the end of games. If we make the Big 3 work for 3 quarters they wont be able to hang.

Though it will be tough I think the Nets have a chance.

1. The problem with the perimeter defense is that the Nets smalls give so much help to the Nets bigs by design, that often leaves perimeter shooters open.

2. As funny as it may sound I'm thinking that Collins should get a decent chunk of PT against KG, Boone and Williams tend to struggle against the elite frontcourts in the NBA, I figure start out with Sean against KG but if that's not working quickly go straight to Collins (or I guess Magloire).

3. Truth. Hopefully Marcus doesn't have a brain fart though...

4. No. Yes. NO. YES... Maybe. Probably. Yeah I agree with that statement but I think here is where we should really talk about turnovers. The Nets CAN NOT turn the ball over as much as they have been recently, they're giving opposing teams too many easy baskets and that's one of the things that has really been hurting them this season.

The media and Celtics fans would like you to think that the Celtics are unbeatable - that is to say when they lose or are in a close game it's only because they played poorly - but the truth of the matter is that like any other team the Celtics also have their fair share of flaws that can be exploited.

I also think that it's going to be important to attack the basket right from the start of the game, whether it's ref bias or just coincidence it's rare that any member of the GAP Kid's Tour is in foul trouble, however if one of them were to get in foul trouble that would bode well for any team playing against the Celtics.
VCRJKidd15
Lead Assistant
And1: 128

Post#10 » by VCRJKidd15 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:41 pm

does Kidd guard Rondo when we played them last time or did he guard Pierce/Allen
ChampionRed
Assistant Coach
And1: 881

Post#11 » by ChampionRed » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:38 pm

Lets not forget that the Cats and Hawks play very hard and Hawks are statistically better than us. Plus we always match up TERRIBLY when we play against them. Yes, these games are winnable but we're going to have to take them and it's not going to be easy.
NetsForce
Banned User

Post#12 » by NetsForce » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:58 am

The Hawks are back to .500 while the Wizards and Raptors are something like a game over .500, now is the time to "catch" these teams and just keep pushing past them.
ChampionRed
Assistant Coach
And1: 881

Post#13 » by ChampionRed » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:54 am

NetsForce wrote:The Hawks are back to .500 while the Wizards and Raptors are something like a game over .500, now is the time to "catch" these teams and just keep pushing past them.

QFT

We got the win tonight albeit not an easy one, but we showed poise and made the plays down the stretch. The hawks just got crushed by the Pacers and will be looking for revenge tomorrow at home so the Nets have to play a ful 48 minutes of what they did in the 2nd half tonight.
Pugsley_2491
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#14 » by Pugsley_2491 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:19 am

i was looking at the schedule and we should deffinitely win 8 of the next 12. the other four that aren't deffinites are against boston, phoenix, golden state, and denver. and we could probably win 2 of those so i'm expecting at least 8-4 to finish out the month and probably best case would be 10-2
NetsForce
Banned User

Post#15 » by NetsForce » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:25 am

The Boston matchup is one I'm looking forward, mainly because I want to see if the Nets come out and compete for FOUR QUARTERS if nothing else it will serve as a nice gauge for where this team is at right now.

Return to Brooklyn Nets