ImageImageImageImageImage

How can we prevent blowing the lead down the stretch!?

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

ChampionRed
Assistant Coach
And1: 881

How can we prevent blowing the lead down the stretch!? 

Post#1 » by ChampionRed » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:46 am

I'm sure you all ask yourselves the same question. How can the Nets prevent themselves from blowing the fourth quarter leads? Why can't we ever win by double digits?
lurkingobeiscity
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#2 » by lurkingobeiscity » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:33 am

Because they have no post presence and inconsistent defense. Next question.
Enetric wrote:Although Brook is close....despite the fact that he may be the weirdest guy in the league. Love the voice...(one time...me and Robin were in a tickle fight...and I was like...Robin...stop teasing me...)
VCRJKidd15
Lead Assistant
And1: 128

Post#3 » by VCRJKidd15 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:29 am

idk but i just found out that out of the 17 wins we have only one was by double digits =/
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#4 » by halfHAVOC » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:53 am

because we get lackadasical on defense.

i also think once krstic is back, and we have him down the stretch not only will he make some moves down low and score, but he can hit free throws.

if we do hit free throws..... that would help too.*cough boone*cough*
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
superLuigi21
Junior
And1: 26

Post#5 » by superLuigi21 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:09 pm

all of the above... but we do miss way too many free throws as a team... i could care less tho, at the end of the season all that matters is wins and losses, well unless u look at margin of victory which is useless for the most part
mack69
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by mack69 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:21 pm

Possible lack of preparation, the scouting coach is required to pass a report to the head coach. Does Frank read that report I dont know or maybe he gets it a half time of the game.

Excuse me I am being cynical!!!!!!!!!!
The "Turnpike" deserve a NBA championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mack69
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by mack69 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:38 pm

Honestly, it is the perimeter D. The perimeter is always bad at a start of the game. The opposing wing players get too many open looks.
The "Turnpike" deserve a NBA championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!
S.I.C. GM
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#8 » by S.I.C. GM » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:05 pm

mack69 wrote:Possible lack of preparation, the scouting coach is required to pass a report to the head coach. Does Frank read that report I dont know or maybe he gets it a half time of the game.

Excuse me I am being cynical!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know if it is preparation, but I do think it is a coaching issue.

In game adjustments has been one of Frank's Weaknesses this year.

Half time adjustments have been working, but being down by 10 at the half is going to bite the Nets in the butt.

I also agree with the defense. I do believe our strongest defensive team is whenever VC is subbe with DA or wright. We are better defensively. Of course the offense changes and may hurt, but with Boone and SWIll, we will get easy buckets by rebounding/blocking then off to the races.
SIC
dacher
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#9 » by dacher » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:53 pm

We will continue to win with solid end of game defense. We'll never be Suns or Warriors esque scoring machine at the end of games so we have to counter the opponents end-of-game push with our defense. When defense is performing at an elite level we are a very good team. And, as the old cliche goes, good defense generates extra offense.

As others have noted, the perimeter defense has been the area of most dramatic improved effectiveness during our recent good streak. It used to be painfully soft as tissue at the end of losing games.

I love the defense, with even better to look forward to. When Krstic and Wright back it will be that much better. I can barely wait for them to return.
Adam1221
Sixth Man
And1: 397

Post#10 » by Adam1221 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:34 pm

1.Lack of focus.
2.Sometimes Kidd throws lob passes that are close to impossible.
3.Lack of an ability to hit jump shot's once our team get tired.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#11 » by SpeedyG » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:38 pm

I'd rather find out how to avoid US getting buried in those slow starts. I know we've been winning recently, but we're still prone to these slow starts that we have to fight an uphill climb just to get back in the game.
Salvee
Junior

Post#12 » by Salvee » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:44 pm

SpeedyG wrote:I'd rather find out how to avoid US getting buried in those slow starts. I know we've been winning recently, but we're still prone to these slow starts that we have to fight an uphill climb just to get back in the game.

Agreed.

In addition, we don't win many games by double digits, because we simply don't score anymore if we have the lead in the last two minutes. We just eat as much clock as possible, and then hoist up a shot to quickly get back to defense. Sometimes I think, our players don't want to score anymore if we're up by a 'sufficient' number of points to win the game, just to not embarass the opponent. We could have won some games by double digits, but we just stopped attacking.
Pugsley_2491
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#13 » by Pugsley_2491 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:51 pm

free throws KILL us, we seriously need to hire a FT coach like the mavs do and theyve been if not the best then high up their in FT percentages the past years

Return to Brooklyn Nets