ImageImageImageImageImage

2 Trades...Thoughts?

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

G_MoNeY
Veteran
And1: 0

2 Trades...Thoughts? 

Post#1 » by G_MoNeY » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:03 pm

With rumors of Marcus going to the D-League, I thought up these 2 deals or a 3-way deal.

Trade #1 - Wright/Magloire/RJ for JO - OR - RJ/Magloire/Krstic for Pau Gasol and Mike Miller

Trade #2 - Marcus/Allen/Collins for Evans/Green/L. Williams

In trade #1 Indiana gets 2 expiring contracts and RJ. I'd even consider throwing in a 2nd rounder to get the deal done. Indiana has struggled lately and Bird just came out and hinted he'd be willing to make a deal.

OR

Instead of JO we bring in Pau Gasol and Mike Miller and deal Krstic instead of Wright

In trade #2 we send Philly (Stefanski) Collins who is expires in 1 year, Allen (expiring) and Marcus (could be PG of future) as opposed to them having Evans for 3 more years. I tried to get Green for NJ as a scorer off the bench, which is something we need. The only problem I see here is; does Philly want to get rid of Louis Williams? I'm hoping Stefanski can help us out :)

What do you guys think? Don't just say "No" or "Yes" tell me WHY. I know many of you will object to maybe both, but Marcus is very iffy right now to me, his stock is low but we need more production overall as a unit.
S.I.C. GM
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#2 » by S.I.C. GM » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:29 pm

No Thanks!!!!!
SIC
Adam1221
Sixth Man
And1: 397

Post#3 » by Adam1221 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:17 pm

That Gasol deal...........maybe.
But there's no chance in HELL, the Indiana deal works for us, JO's value is the worst its ever been, heck Im not sure I'd do RJ for JO straight up.
ItsaVC3
Banned User

Post#4 » by ItsaVC3 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:18 pm

i will do these trades right now but i prefer the gasol trade oneal gets injuried to easy.and the phil trade i dont believe they will want to trade williams. how this team is playing right now they better start improving this team cause it seems like i watching a bunch of girls that dont know what there doing playing basketball
celtspacers
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#5 » by celtspacers » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:56 pm

Both JO and GASOL have alot of injuries. JO will play injured GASOL will not play if he has a Broken finger nail. Thats the difference. JO is the better fit for your team with his interior defense.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#6 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:49 pm

^

Spare me the bleeding heart drivel. The fact is, whether Pau sits for a hangnail or Jermaine's plays through childbirth, O'neal misses an average of 11 more games per season than Gasol (62 to 73). Jermaine is inefficient offensively (JO has seriously turned into a rich man's 'Toine), he's two years older, has an ooooogly contract (for which he'll want an extension next summer), and his knees are bound to give out at any time.

I'd sooner give RJ for Shaquille O'neal than Jermaine. I don't even know if Shawne Williams is enough sweetener for me to do the Indiana deal anymore. I prefer the Pau offer, without a doubt. My only question is, why would they need Richard? We would probably package RJ to MIA for something like Davis+Blount to go to MEM.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
mack69
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by mack69 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:53 pm

I am still oppose to trading RJ at this time because it appears that him and carter are starting to work well with each other. I say give it to the deadline to determine if the plan will work.

Chicago will get Gasol before us.

G-money you watch JO in Indiana how is he? can he still play at an elite level?
The "Turnpike" deserve a NBA championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!
G_MoNeY
Veteran

Post#8 » by G_MoNeY » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:06 pm

aside from his "knee bothering him" he can still get it done. The system O'Brien has incorporated in Indiana doesn't suit his game. Indiana is a perimeter oriented team (much more than us)... regardless JO is still putting up decent numbers. He's still capable of 20 and 10, each night, in my opinion. He's only playing 31 minutes or so and is averaging 16 and 7 right now. Not to mention his defensive presence in the paint and ability to guard the elite bigs (Amare, KG, Dirk, Yao)

in regards to not wanting to deal RJ now, and maybe at the deadline. I'm not fine with waiting it out. It's gotten a bit better because of our winning streak so we can afford to prolong any deal; I still feel our current team will not contend and RJ is the odd man out. He's the most attractive piece we have, aside from Kidd and SWAT. A deal for a player like JO would put us over the top, honestly.
fasca
Sophomore

Post#9 » by fasca » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:21 pm

i would do the gasol one not the o neal one
ChampionRed
Assistant Coach
And1: 881

Post#10 » by ChampionRed » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:42 pm

What do you guys think of maybe trading for Elton Brand? I know his value is low right now because of his injury but if he recovers 100% (which is projected to happen) I would definitely make a move for him.

I hate to say it but Gasol and JO are "losers" so to speak. Not in the sense that they are bad players (obviously) but Gasol for example has never won a post season game. JO has been deep in the playoffs but he is clearly past his prime because of his ongoing injuries. Elton, for a 6'8 player, is a great finisher, scorer, and rebounder. I would definitely look to see if he is available this season if he is thinking about returning to play this season.
S.I.C. GM
Veteran

Post#11 » by S.I.C. GM » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:26 pm

Netsultimatefan63 wrote:What do you guys think of maybe trading for Elton Brand? I know his value is low right now because of his injury but if he recovers 100% (which is projected to happen) I would definitely make a move for him.

I hate to say it but Gasol and JO are "losers" so to speak. Not in the sense that they are bad players (obviously) but Gasol for example has never won a post season game. JO has been deep in the playoffs but he is clearly past his prime because of his ongoing injuries. Elton, for a 6'8 player, is a great finisher, scorer, and rebounder. I would definitely look to see if he is available this season if he is thinking about returning to play this season.

I am for Brand. Injuries are an issue but I think he fits better then JO. He can run(hopefully after his injury). Like ultimate said, finish around the basket, score, rebound and block.

I just attached these links to another thread but take a look at this one.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post ... 8#comments
SIC
G_MoNeY
Veteran

Post#12 » by G_MoNeY » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:36 pm

Brand makes sense for NEXT year, he won't be playing this year. With this logic, we wait it out ANOTHER year. Don't like it. But I do like him as a player and think he would fit nicely -- just don't want to wait another year. I don't think Kidd would want to either.
S.I.C. GM
Veteran

Post#13 » by S.I.C. GM » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:03 pm

G_MoNeY wrote: Brand makes sense for NEXT year, he won't be playing this year. With this logic, we wait it out ANOTHER year. Don't like it. But I do like him as a player and think he would fit nicely -- just don't want to wait another year. I don't think Kidd would want to either.

Agreed.
SIC
etopn23
Head Coach
And1: 160

Post#14 » by etopn23 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:08 am

RJ/Magloire/Krstic for Pau Gasol and Mike Miller

I'd do that trade in .5 seconds. Netting Gasol AND Miller.... WOW. That'd be an unbelievable package....

I don't see why the grizzlies would do it though.
ChampionRed
Assistant Coach
And1: 881

Post#15 » by ChampionRed » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:20 am

etopn23 wrote:RJ/Magloire/Krstic for Pau Gasol and Mike Miller

I'd do that trade in .5 seconds. Netting Gasol AND Miller.... WOW. That'd be an unbelievable package....

I don't see why the grizzlies would do it though.

If the grizz would do this I am ALL for it. We get the shooter we need in Miller (who can even do more than shoot) and we get our big in Gasol.

Return to Brooklyn Nets