ImageImageImageImageImage

SWILL'S playing time (or lack of)

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

aussienet
Senior
And1: 0

SWILL'S playing time (or lack of) 

Post#1 » by aussienet » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:17 pm

Hey guy's as you probably know living in the land down under I get bugger all nets coverage except 20 seconds of highlights on sportscentre. I think we have had 9 Mavs games, 9 heat games 9 Cavs 9 Spurs games get the picture? Anyway what's the go with Swill's playing time? No foul trouble yet just cracks it for over 20 mins a game. It seems that Frank has given in and started the rook but seems to being having the last laugh by controlling the game time he sees. I've followed hoops long enough to know about the rookie wall but development should be first and foremost in my mind.
There is a lot of talk about trading for a PF/C to put us over the hump. Do we have the RAW talent to compete as is? JO is playing terrible a big fat no to big fat Zach. So who is out there? I'm not convinced on AK47 or Gasol. I think SWILL and Mags are our tag team in the low post. We got swill for his athletiscm and shot blocking abilities then Mags for his bruising defense. I've read alot of posts about frank and his man crushes. But what seems clear to me is that all the teams that have team chemistry and have been together for a full 4-5 years are the ones who are at the elite level in this league. We haven't done that yet (we are getting there) Geez not even the big three have played 2 full seasons in a row yet. So how is getting a quality big man gonna work? Sure I know it won't hurt but maybe i'm missing something.

Just play SWILL!!!!!!!

If he hasn't been playing upto scratch just let me know. I'm not saying our championship hopes rest with him but let the kid play.

One last thing I did see the footage of Durant throwing it down over (around?) Boone. No way does SWILL let him get away with that.
That's what he brings to the team in my humble opinion anyway.

CHEERS!!!

GO NETS!!!!
dacher
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#2 » by dacher » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:37 pm

No Nets on TV?? That stinks. Not a substitute, but you can listen to Nets radio stream on nba.com

SWill is coming along nicely. Some parts of his game are very nicely developed -- he's showed nice moves around the basket, and of course, his shot blocking.

Other parts are very rookie. He jumps at every fake. On defense, when the opponents are quick or passing well, he ends up out of position, and tagged with quick cheap fouls. Right now, its his defensive positioning and quick fouls that are keeping his time down.
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#3 » by halfHAVOC » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:38 pm

^ yes network!
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
Da big3
Starter
And1: 2

Post#4 » by Da big3 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:48 pm

anyway he has a shot at defensive player of the year, any shot at NBA first all defensive team?
fasca
Sophomore

Post#5 » by fasca » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:57 pm

he has absolutely NO SHOT at defensive player of the year, or 1st team considering camby chandler, howard, josh smith are all better defensive bigs than him and have much better numbers
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#6 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:13 pm

Da Big3, if you were speaking of "over Sean's career," then yes, he certainly is in the mix of young stoppers that could be All-Defensive 1st-Teamers. He is so similar to Theo Ratliff, who was a two-time All-Defensive 1st-Teamer and one-time All-Star, that it's eerie. But Sean is already a better two-way player than Theo, so he could be better...

As for this year, nope.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
VCRJKidd15
Lead Assistant
And1: 128

Post#7 » by VCRJKidd15 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:01 am

Da big3 wrote:anyway he has a shot at defensive player of the year, any shot at NBA first all defensive team?
yea your going way too ahead of yourself Josh Smith/Camby>>>Swill
aussienet
Senior

Post#8 » by aussienet » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:11 pm

dacher wrote:No Nets on TV?? That stinks. Not a substitute, but you can listen to Nets radio stream on nba.com

SWill is coming along nicely. Some parts of his game are very nicely developed -- he's showed nice moves around the basket, and of course, his shot blocking.

Other parts are very rookie. He jumps at every fake. On defense, when the opponents are quick or passing well, he ends up out of position, and tagged with quick cheap fouls. Right now, its his defensive positioning and quick fouls that are keeping his time down.

Yeah I have thought of that, but eighty five percent of all nets games are during my work day and I don't have access to a computer all day like some lucky freaks.

Return to Brooklyn Nets