ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Game Thread: Celtics @ Nets (36)

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Who will be tonight's leading scorer?

Richard Jefferson
19%
Vince Carter
24%
Jason Kidd
No votes
Jason Kidd
No votes
Paul Pierce
48%
Kevin Garnett
No votes
Ray Allen
10%

Total votes: 21

NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Official Game Thread: Celtics @ Nets (36) 

Post#1 » by NetsForce » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:54 pm

etopn23
Head Coach
And1: 160

Post#2 » by etopn23 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:09 pm

If we win tonight we'll be in fourth.

If we beat the Celtics maybe people will give the Nets more R-E-S-P-E-C-T.
S.I.C. GM
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#3 » by S.I.C. GM » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:22 pm

etopn23 wrote:If we win tonight we'll be in fourth.

If we beat the Celtics maybe people will give the Nets more R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

I actually prefer to stay under the radar. Make people look stupid. Especially the idiot report that said the knicks would make the playoffs while the Nets wouldnt.
SIC
cfan79
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#4 » by cfan79 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:03 pm

S.I.C. GM wrote:
I actually prefer to stay under the radar. Make people look stupid. Especially the idiot report that said the knicks would make the playoffs while the Nets wouldnt.

:D

Yep, every year so called experts predict the Knicks will be good. The Nets look like they will always be better then the Knicks because Rod Thorn actually has a brain.

Some Knicks fans are delusional too, they predicted they'd win the Atlantic even after we got KG.
EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#5 » by EvadedHavoc » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:04 pm

Im looking forward to the VC / Jesus match-up.
Adam1221
Sixth Man
And1: 397

Post#6 » by Adam1221 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:21 pm

S.I.C. GM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

XD!
I remember that, Hollinger a.k.a the biggest Nets hater ever made that prediction (Knicks with 6th seed Nets tied at 9th).

Anyway

*Im scared and I mean really scared each time we play these guys one of our players gets injured, please dont let this happen again god Im beggin ya.

*If Ray doesnt play our odds would actually be really good but if he does its gonna be very very hard for us.

*Vince is gonna have to play like crazy like he's been playing in this latest 8-10 run.

*Even though we won by a double digit score if we play like we did against the Sonic's we'll be humiliated tonight, we started terribly that night and it was turnover city with all those lob's Kidd tryed to throw up for Sean and Josh.

*Our entire team is gonna have to help this game for us to win, the big 3 wont be enough, the big 3+Sean+Josh+Allan+Armstrong+Noki on the other hand.......

All in all a W will do wonders for our team a loss on the other hand wont really do anything ala the Detroit loss.
Antti22
Senior
And1: 233

Post#7 » by Antti22 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:29 pm

We just gotta execute our pick and roll! We didn't do that against Seattle and to be honest, Sean looks to be only one who understands pick and roll with this team, he really sets up a pick, not like Collins who runs there and runs back just as quick (or should i say crawl as his speed is about the same as a turtle speed). Boston can't guard our pick and roll if it executed properly.
Another key to this game is VC who has to demand the ball if we are pushed to half court offence like Boston likes to do. He can take anyone in this league one on one. But he isn't a player without ball, thats what RJ is for and good at. With VC posting up he will draw double team for RJ or Kidd open shot. And with Kidd doing as nice job shooting as he has lately, we should have no trouble staying competetive.
Mister Keys
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#8 » by Mister Keys » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:30 pm

The nets have been on a good run, will be a fun game to watch...good luck Jersey
iceman3699
Senior
And1: 69

Post#9 » by iceman3699 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:34 pm

as long as we defend the perimeter and not get lost double teaming the post... we in good shape. VC better step up.
Adam1221
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by Adam1221 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:36 pm

Mister Keys wrote:The nets have been on a good run, will be a fun game to watch...good luck Jersey

Thanks dude nice to see that Celtic's fans are very classy and arent cocky bastards,

"
Antti22 wrote:We just gotta execute our pick and roll! We didn't do that against Seattle and to be honest, Sean looks to be only one who understands pick and roll with this team, he really sets up a pick, not like Collins who runs there and runs back just as quick (or should i say crawl as his speed is about the same as a turtle speed). Boston can't guard our pick and roll if it executed properly.
Another key to this game is VC who has to demand the ball if we are pushed to half court offence like Boston likes to do. He can take anyone in this league one on one. But he isn't a player without ball, thats what RJ is for and good at. With VC posting up he will draw double team for RJ or Kidd open shot. And with Kidd doing as nice job shooting as he has lately, we should have no trouble staying competetive.
"

Actually Mallik can create some very pick and rolls.
On days when he's feeling it(the Miami game for example) his pick>move to an open spot>get the ball>pop a J=2 points move is deadly
Adam1221
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by Adam1221 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:37 pm

iceman3699 wrote:as long as we defend the perimeter and not get lost double teaming the post... we in good shape. VC better step up.

As long as he doesnt step up on Paul's foot amIright?
XD.
Sorry, I know its distasteful but still I had to do it.

Anyway Netsforce no sick animations tonight?
DorfonCeltics
Analyst
And1: 215

Post#12 » by DorfonCeltics » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:26 pm

I expect a pretty close game tonight at New Jersey. You guys have certainly been on a tear winning 8 out of 10. Should be a fun game to watch.

IMO, the pick and roll is going to be key for you guys as this is what we had a hard time with the Bobcats the other night. If you could actually get SWill and Boone to run the high pick and roll you could probably torch the C's. That's what the Bobcats did with GWallace (playin the 4) and Mohammad and it was tremendously successful because it's Rondo/House were the players rotating down to to try and cover the roll. It's pretty easy for a 6'10" guy to score on Rondo or House.

I would expect Ray Ray to have a huge night coming off a game he didn't play on Wednesday due to a pinched nerve. Vince will certainly have his hands full.

My guess is Celtics by 6. Good luck!
NetsForce
Banned User

Post#13 » by NetsForce » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:07 pm

Adam1221 wrote:Anyway Netsforce no sick animations tonight?

I'll get a gamethread graphic up shortly but for now enjoy Big Baby eating Bargnani in my sig :D
S.I.C. GM
Veteran

Post#14 » by S.I.C. GM » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:22 pm

Tonights game is about only one thing, BEING AGGRESSIVE.

We have to push things down the Celtics throat.

Offense
VC and RJ has to drive almost everytime they touch the ball. Get Allen and Pierce in foul trouble. Make them work on defense so they can be tired in the second half. Pick and Roll/PoP with our bigs except Collins.

Defense
DONT DOUBLE KG. SWILL/BOONE/COLLINS/MAGS need to play him one on one. If he scores he scores. NO DOUBLE TEAM.
VC needs to step up his D.
Guard the 3 point line.
DONT LET THE OTHER CELTICS BEAT US.
Frank needs to play DA to pressure Rhondo and House.
Frank needs to play Mags/Collins on Perkins and Big Baby. Dont waste SWILL/BOONE fouls on them.
SIC
celtspacers
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#15 » by celtspacers » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:35 pm

Should be an easy game for CELTS tonight. Celts by 20 New Jewsey has no interior player.
NetsForce
Banned User

Post#16 » by NetsForce » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:57 pm

I had to add Lawrence Frank to the image just for S.I.C...
S.I.C. GM
Veteran

Post#17 » by S.I.C. GM » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:05 pm

NetsForce wrote:I had to add Lawrence Frank to the image just for S.I.C...

thanks Nets.

You should have looked for an image with the confuse look he does with his hand over his mouth.

Talking about images. Any luck on that sig.
SIC
superLuigi21
Junior
And1: 26

Post#18 » by superLuigi21 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:12 pm

vince needs to take over if we are to have a chance tonight... kidd and RJ have been pretty consistent in doing what they do, but carter needs to really step up in his role, which is scoring in the half court sets
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,496

Post#19 » by Stone » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:20 pm

Biggest game of the year for us. If we can find a way to win it would mean a lot. Its too bad we dont have Curly tonight he could have been a big plus.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#20 » by halfHAVOC » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:53 pm

i wonder how area 51 gaurds KG.

VC needs to get allen in foul trouble by driving.
RJ needs to get peirce in foul trouble by driving.

imo best matchup of the night : RJ vs PP
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY

Return to Brooklyn Nets