ImageImageImageImageImage

sean

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

jrzrules
Freshman
And1: 11

sean 

Post#1 » by jrzrules » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:32 am

I really dont care about sean starting but i will say that he should only be on the floor with kidd and that kidd should never be on the floor without sean in the game. Keep sean in with kidd regardless of foul situation. if he fouls out fine its a learning experience but over the season you will have gotten more playing time from him if you let him play. And conversly it does wonders for kids running game to have the kidd in which might cut down on the captains desire for the occasional homerun pass which turns into a turnover.
Da big3
Starter
And1: 2

Post#2 » by Da big3 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:36 am

just tell that to frank, boone should always should be on the floor with kid, then i would have VC, RJ, marcus, Noki, with Mags/Malik/Collins
S.I.C. GM
Veteran

Post#3 » by S.I.C. GM » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:01 pm

^ Agreed.

SWILL and Boone should spend most of their time with Kidd, but I can see those two play great with M. Will, when he gets back to playing shape. We saw what he can do with Boone imagine with SWILL.

As far as the second line up, I want FRANK to do a line up featuring VC with DA, Nachbar/Wright (for D more then shooing), ALLEN, and Whoever at C. Or since so many VC supports think he should always have the ball in his hand VC, Wright, Nachbar, Allen and Whoever.

Save SWILL and BOONE for Kidd and M. WIll. Another thing I wouldnt put M. Will in a line up with VC. I would like to see DA, M. Will., RJ, Allen, and Boone/SWill.
SIC
Adam1221
Sixth Man
And1: 397

Post#4 » by Adam1221 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:52 pm

I 100% agree, I kicked my screen against the Knciks when I saw Kidd playing with Collins.
Kidd really shows what he can do in a fast break offense, Sean Boone,RJ and(when he wants to) Vince are the only players on this team that can really help him do his thang.

Its just a shame that this is just another thing Frank fails to understand.
S.I.C. GM
Veteran

Post#5 » by S.I.C. GM » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:31 pm

I have no problem with Collins in the line up, but you cant pick and roll with him. That is my issue. How can you call a pick and roll with collins.

yesterday, i took a peak at the Spurs Cavs game. I saw a Parker Finley pick an pop. Why dont we do that with VC popping or RJ rolling? That is why Pops is on a different level and Frank doesnt even come close. The other thing I found interesting was Ginobli comes off the bench. Pops isnt a players coach. Do what you have to and you get my respect.
SIC
Adam1221
Sixth Man
And1: 397

Post#6 » by Adam1221 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:33 pm

S.I.C. GM wrote:I have no problem with Collins in the line up, but you cant pick and roll with him. That is my issue. How can you call a pick and roll with collins.

yesterday, i took a peak at the Spurs Cavs game. I saw a Parker Finley pick an pop. Why dont we do that with VC popping or RJ rolling? That is why Pops is on a different level and Frank doesnt even come close. The other thing I found interesting was Ginobli comes off the bench. Pops isnt a players coach. Do what you have to and you get my respect.

Thats exactly my point, I have no problem seing Collins play, but your wasting Kidd's biggest asset when you play both of them together.
fasca
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#7 » by fasca » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:54 pm

sean couldnt play against the knicks because he got early fouls.. its not like hes a veteren who frank can keep in there with foul trouble also. he needs to work on not being overly agressive and falling for pump fakes
Da big3
Starter

Post#8 » by Da big3 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:52 pm

Adam1221 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Thats exactly my point, I have no problem seing Collins play, but your wasting Kidd's biggest asset when you play both of them together.

i do have a problem seeing collins play, but its debateable. I wanna see $4million man Magloire, hes more physical and rebounds better
S.I.C. GM
Veteran

Post#9 » by S.I.C. GM » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:59 pm

Da big3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i do have a problem seeing collins play, but its debateable. I wanna see $4million man Magloire, hes more physical and rebounds better

I want to see him too, but Frank is stubborn. Frank talks about matchups but he hardly played Mags in the Knicks game. Frank is confused. He is just SO over his head right now.
SIC
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#10 » by wiff » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:50 pm

Any interst in a Wilcox and the Sonics 2nd round pick for Sean Williams and Mags?

If not Mags any other expirings that add up to 5.1 mil?
Universe
Sixth Man
And1: 120

Post#11 » by Universe » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:26 pm

I agree with you totally on the foul situation. He gets into early foul trouble but he never gets back into the game. Frank plays the others too much once someone is in foul trouble. He shouldn't care about foul outs because nothing bad happens and he isn't even a main scorer but rather a great role player right now.
Universe
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by Universe » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:27 pm

wiff wrote:Any interst in a Wilcox and the Sonics 2nd round pick for Sean Williams and Mags?

If not Mags any other expirings that add up to 5.1 mil?

Sean Williams is Wilcox with way more potential. We overrate him but he does have a absurb amount of talent.
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#13 » by wiff » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:41 pm

Universe wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Sean Williams is Wilcox with way more potential. We overrate him but he does have a absurb amount of talent.

I kind of figured it would be a stretch. I like Seans game quite a bit and think he can be a very good defensive Center in the league. And eventually do some damage on the offensive end.
Rollydog
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#14 » by Rollydog » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:21 pm

Shotblocking aside, Sean's offensive game is way ahead of his defense.

Despite the fact that he doesn't know what a pump fake is, he's a pretty good finisher and has a surprisingly good touch on his jumper, which extends to about 15 feet.

His man to man D is horrible. He cannot gaurd you at all if you have anything resembling a face up game. I don't think its a lack of lateral quickness (though a lot of times it seems like that) rather than a limited understanding of positioning, but he's just awful.

He also is pretty weak, very skinny. Gets muscled out of the way too easily. I said this before, but dude needs to hit the weightroom.
Universe
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by Universe » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:08 pm

15 feet is pushing it but definately has more upside than many thought. We are better when he gets the ball which almost nobody could have predicted at the start of the season.
Rollydog
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#16 » by Rollydog » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:10 am

Universe wrote:15 feet is pushing it

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%2 ... tnG=Search

Return to Brooklyn Nets