ImageImageImageImageImage

Reported NJ/CHI Deal

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

G_MoNeY
Veteran
And1: 0

Reported NJ/CHI Deal 

Post#1 » by G_MoNeY » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:03 pm

Al Iannazzone in the Record says the Nets and Bulls have talked about a six-player deal that would bring Andres Nocioni and Thabo Sefolosha to New Jersey and send Boki Nachbar, Marcus Williams, Antoine Wright and Jamaal Magloire to Chicago. Iannazzone, who earlier wrote of the failed Jermaine O
BestofBabcock
Sophomore

Post#2 » by BestofBabcock » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:20 pm

I think the best trade for NJ would be a rj + x + picks for gasol. but i think this will never happen, due to the fact that memphis doesnt need rj (gay) and marcus williams (conley).
oneal is injured, so he isnt an option. so theres only brand left, who would really help as at the pf position. but i read that sterling wants to keep him.
so as a result, for what do we need our trade pieces if we dont get what we want ? its sad but thats the way it is. so is noiconi the best option out there ? i dont know.

the lineup would be:
boone, noiconi, rj, vc, kidd ? later on maybe krstic at the 5

besides: i dont wanna bench williams. :cry:
G_MoNeY
Veteran

Post#3 » by G_MoNeY » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:20 pm

Wonder if we could throw in Collins and they give us Duhon and Joe Smith?

Boki/Marcus/Wright/Magloire/Collins FOR Nocioni/Sefolosha/Smith/Duhon

works in trade checker.
Adam1221
Sixth Man
And1: 397

Post#4 » by Adam1221 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:20 pm

As far as Im concerned its a good deal if the Nets can take Marcus out of it.
Thabo and (to a lesser extent) Noicioni can shoot the ball well and both will help us a lot but neither one of them is worth our future in Marcus Williams.
G_MoNeY
Veteran

Post#5 » by G_MoNeY » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:21 pm

Adam1221 wrote:As far as Im concerned its a good deal if the Nets can take Marcus out of it.
Thabo and (to a lesser extent) Noicioni can shoot the ball well and both will help us a lot but neither one of them is worth our future in Marcus Williams.

that's why I just suggested the above Adam. I dont really want to trade all our chips plus our backup future PG. If we could somehow get a big and insurance at backup PG with Duhon, I'd really have to consider.
Adam1221
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by Adam1221 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:34 pm

G_MoNeY wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

that's why I just suggested the above Adam. I dont really want to trade all our chips plus our backup future PG. If we could somehow get a big and insurance at backup PG with Duhon, I'd really have to consider.

Duhon isnt really that neccessary, Armstrong is more than enough.
Anyway I'd check our chances with Gasol before clicking the on switch on this trade I really dont see Memphis refusing the Williams duo+2 expirings+a 1st/2nd for Gaso.
G_MoNeY
Veteran

Post#7 » by G_MoNeY » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:42 pm

Armstrong isn't a backup PG at this stage, he's a 3rd stringer. Duhon gives us insurance, another shooter and potentially a backup to Kidd if he re-signs here. Should be cheap.
MazzNets
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by MazzNets » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:59 pm

Wow, Nocioni would be solid and Thabo is just as much a project as Marcus is.

Get it done.
"Listen ref, don't make me go Opie Dope!"
Adam1221
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by Adam1221 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:18 pm

Either way remember guys before we move any piece and make any trades fire Opie first!
G_MoNeY
Veteran

Post#10 » by G_MoNeY » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:24 pm

as much as I agree with you. It just doesn't seem like it's going to happen. Thorn is WAY too loyal for some reason. We're gonna make a trade FIRST then see what happens and after that consider a new coach. Seems backwards to me, but that's the vibe management is putting off.
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 123

Post#11 » by Three34 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:30 pm

Good luck to you all if you think Nocioni is a good defensive player.
voice of reason
Sophomore

Post#12 » by voice of reason » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:30 pm

No word of this on Bulls board- but there's no way Bulls do this trade. Thabo has been playing too well to "throw" in on a Nocioni trade, which would basically be a salary dump. This would give the Bulls another small guard, they already have too small of a backcourt. As for Nachbar, there's no need or room for him- we have young bigs now that can't get off the bench due to Wallace and Joe Smith, who unfortunately has been our most consistent player this year.
Only way this would happen is if Pax wants to dump Noc's salary, but I think he can get a better package revolving around those two.
Maybe sub Thabo with Duhon? Supposedly Bucher (yeah I know) reported Bulls and Blazers in serious trade discussions, no mention of players though. There's already a lenghty thread on Bulls board speculating who's involved.
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#13 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:51 pm

Nocioni tries on defense but he makes mistakes because he gambles too much. Still, he tries & deserves credit for that. He also is not afraid of taking charges.

Thabo has put in a number of good performances but he needs work on his shot.

It does give Bulls more financial lee-way in future if they trade Nocioni. Maybe Bulls are throwing up the white flag on this season. Otherwise, it doesnt look like a trade I'd expect.

Yes, Duhon would be available if you want him. I dont expect Bulls to trade Smith unless they are really writing off the season
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
voice of reason
Sophomore

Post#14 » by voice of reason » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:19 pm

bulls6 - guess if they're throwing the towel in it's not that bad, i'm just not feeling it though. only thing good from this would be Nachbar being a cheaper option than Noc.
Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Post#15 » by Jordan45822 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:30 pm

voice of reason wrote:No word of this on Bulls board- but there's no way Bulls do this trade. Thabo has been playing too well to "throw" in on a Nocioni trade, which would basically be a salary dump. This would give the Bulls another small guard, they already have too small of a backcourt. As for Nachbar, there's no need or room for him- we have young bigs now that can't get off the bench due to Wallace and Joe Smith, who unfortunately has been our most consistent player this year.
Only way this would happen is if Pax wants to dump Noc's salary, but I think he can get a better package revolving around those two.
Maybe sub Thabo with Duhon? Supposedly Bucher (yeah I know) reported Bulls and Blazers in serious trade discussions, no mention of players though. There's already a lenghty thread on Bulls board speculating who's involved.

Bulls and Blazers are not talking to each other. Ric said that they are the most active in trade talks and are likely to make a deal before deadline not that they are talking to each other.

Bulls should definitely do this deal if they get Willams back.
dacher
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#16 » by dacher » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:34 pm

Id take it. We get the best player in Noc. We'll just draft another PG.

I wouldn't miss anyone. It would confirm the feeling I've had that Marcus was being showcased, with all the time he's taken away from DA recently.
Pugsley_2491
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#17 » by Pugsley_2491 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:07 pm

it's not worth dealing marcus. there's gotta be another way to get nocioni, and sefalosha idk why but i just really like the kid haha. nocioni though would really be the energizer we need on this team.
Pugsley_2491
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#18 » by Pugsley_2491 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:18 pm

besides, what use would chicago have for marcus anyways? they signed hinrich to that deal and ben gordon, his limited size makes him a point guard. so i don't really see any use in marcus for the bulls.
kidd007
Junior

Post#19 » by kidd007 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:20 pm

I think i would make this deal.I really like Marcus, and he's the only one in this trade, i mean a nets, that i really care.But at this point, this team needs to do something, needs to make a move...so..i'd do it.
FGump
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by FGump » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:50 pm

"Al Iannazzone in the Record says the Nets and Bulls have talked about a six-player deal that would bring Andres Nocioni and Thabo Sefolosha to New Jersey and send Boki Nachbar, Marcus Williams, Antoine Wright and Jamaal Magloire to Chicago."

I don't understand what's in this for the Bulls. I just don't see how they gain anything they particularly will want while giving up Nocioni and Sefolosha, unless they have another trade in the works of some sort. I know you like Marcus and his future, but in Chicago he's gonna be buried behind Hinrich, Gordon, and Duhon. Are they really this soured on Nocioni to give him away?

Return to Brooklyn Nets