ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets is "paralyzed"

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

kidd007
Junior
And1: 0

Nets is "paralyzed" 

Post#1 » by kidd007 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:10 pm

One GM said that we are "paralyzed" at this moment.Our players don't have trade value, but Josh Boone and Sean Williams.Plus, Rod Thorn said again that we are not making any move at all, at this point, he'd like though.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#2 » by NetsForce » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:21 pm

That's actually a good word to use to describe the situation the Nets are in. It's NOT because the players on the team have no value though, it's because management is content with sitting still until the move to Brooklyn happens.

Attendance this season is already pretty bad so if the Nets wanted to rebuild they'd probably end up having 5 people max come to the arena each game for the rest of this season, and the next, and the next until the Brooklyn move actually goes down...

The only big that is legitimately on the market is a washed-up Jermaine O'Neal so even if the Nets made a move and traded for him there's no gurantee he would make the team better, he could quite possibly make the team worse.
kidd007
Junior

Post#3 » by kidd007 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:30 pm

Well...i actually think we have a problem with trade value players.The thing is that teams don't want our big 3's contracts.So...who we have left to trade: jason collins?
However...we do have some expiring contracts.Anyway..this team's officials got do something or we, like said kidd, will be doomed to mediocracy.
Universe
Sixth Man
And1: 120

Post#4 » by Universe » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:56 pm

We put everything on this roster and now we are stuck.
G_MoNeY
Veteran

Post#5 » by G_MoNeY » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:17 pm

I don't think we're paralyzed at all. We have great trading chips, just teams are hesitant to pull the trigger on our players because of the way we're playing, or lack thereof.

It's either that or NJ management sincerely thinks we have a winning team and will stick with this. God I hope not!
bingoboyraps
Junior
And1: 5

Post#6 » by bingoboyraps » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:18 pm

...aside from mikki moore this is the same team that made it to the second round last year, there is no way that these individuals have regressed as much as the record would indicate...

...this team has quit on the coach (he hasn't been THAT terrible) and a change is necessary to motivate these guys...

...when watching games, it seems there is no sense of urgency and hardly anything close to intensity (for the most part)...

...VC needs to step up...and although i am a raps fan i don't "hate" him but do see a MAJOR change in his game this year...for example in one of the games a week or so back he had 20 something points and 8 or 9 assists and some rebounds...some members of this board mentioned that he had a great game...for a player of his skillset (and salary for that matter) that type of game should be expected every night...

...i feel for nets fans as it must be painfully frustrating to watch...

...let's just hope something gets done soon...
etopn23
Head Coach
And1: 160

Post#7 » by etopn23 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:52 pm

:lol: Explain how our players don't have trade value?
bingoboyraps
Junior
And1: 5

Post#8 » by bingoboyraps » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:51 am

etopn23 wrote::lol: Explain how our players don't have trade value?

...touch
viceroy
Banned User

Post#9 » by viceroy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:23 am

bingoboyraps wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

...touch
G_MoNeY
Veteran

Post#10 » by G_MoNeY » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:32 pm

nice job troll. go back to the Toronto boards with that garbage. Did you really just compare VC to SAR? 25+ points throughout his career, 1 of the top 5 NBA active players in scoring. Don't think I need to go on....as far as your Kidd comments, are you serious? 75% of the teams in the league would LOVE to have Kidd. One of the greatest PG's of all time, end of story.
Palmeirense
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#11 » by Palmeirense » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:22 pm

When is Kristic coming back???we need him badly,Sean is too inconsistant to be a starter (which is expected,as he is just a rookie).

As far as rebuilding,i'm not down with it yet.I still think that maybe with just a move this team can still contend,the problem is,as NetsForce said,there's not a whole lot of bigs in the market.
superLuigi21
Junior
And1: 26

Post#12 » by superLuigi21 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:51 pm

i dont see how we dont have players w/trade value... kidd/carter/rj/the williamses/boone/krstic all have some value.... anyway, i dont see this team being anything more than a 1 and done in the playoffs if they were to make it, so in my opinion, the only way this team can contend w/out rebuilding would be to miss teh playoffs this year and come up big in the lottery (top 5) and get another impact player... if not, time to blow it up.. the nets w/kidd peaked in his 2nd season here, i beleive the window is almost shut
jerseyjac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34

Post#13 » by jerseyjac » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:05 pm

viceroy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

nets have some tradeable pieces, that would only fit in extremely specific circumstances .

jkidd - wifebeater, woman assaulter, etc etc. no team with a clean image in its right mind would want jkidd. he should be in hall of fame of sports biggest ****. only one or two teams , ready to contend for the title now, would do a trade. but even then whats the best you are gonna get ? contender scrubs and maybe some draft picks at most. no way in hell you get any actual valuable young pieces / high draft picks that on the rise teams have to offer. in fact with his knee , age, women beating issues ( men who punch and beat women are pieces of $hit and kidd will never shake that label, kidd is basically untradeable at the moment. like i said unless youre looking at contender, and even those contenders will only give you low picks and mediocre bench players, and save some cash off kidds contract. id do it and run.

jefferson - probably the highest value player of the big three, well small three fromthe way they have been playing. clean image. works hard. never complained. someone fans can root for. good, easy guy to root for any fan . never had any kind of problems which is key . still relatively young, reasonable contract for what he does. basically the asset that will probably fetch you the most assets on the market. not a cancer or wife beater , which in todays league of image is ++++++ for rj.

carter- trash . shareef abdur raheem of his position . can even put up a triple double 30 10 10 night and his team will still suck. loser. quitter. coward. whiner. no toughness. no grit. no loyalty. no pride. gets by on his talent, but will never fulfill or become what he could have been. with his mega-sized contract, combined with his reputation as being extremely soft and not being a leader, and him admitting he mails it during games, who is going to take a risk on this guy? . 3 years ago when babcock traded carter for trash, people called it a rip off. now you would be lucky to get the same trash sent to toronto for this guy . an expiring , some mid pick in the draft and maybe some young guy with a filler is probably the most you could hope for. if youre lucky. but gms arent stupid. carter is what he is. and he isnt worth it.

as for rest of the players, i only see S.williams and boone as pretty much the only thing that will get you anything of value coming from the other end. magloire, allen, collins, kristic..... ud be lucky to get a second rouder for those guys . magloire sucks. allen sucks. collins sucks hes got decent defense but he still sucks. kristic is in the twillight zone, hes gonna have to work his way up again to have any kind of value. marcus williams who? talk about vanishing act. overall a pretty thin and sad group .

officially warned for trolling...you dont have a chance here buddy...
viceroy
Banned User

Post#14 » by viceroy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:17 pm

jerseyjac wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

officially warned for trolling...you dont have a chance here buddy...

thanks for threatening me for posting an objective look at an nba team. im stating what an outsider would look at your assets as , and here you are threatening me for posting my honest opinion as an observer and nba fan? its pretty sad when sharing of ideas and discussion has to labeled "trolling" by some power hungry mod who invests 20 seconds into the thread. ok you dont want to hear what other people think sure :/ threaten them for speaking out and sharing ideas.... hmmm. nazi germany had something like this.
viceroy
Banned User

Post#15 » by viceroy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:35 pm

G_MoNeY wrote:nice job troll. go back to the Toronto boards with that garbage. Did you really just compare VC to SAR? 25+ points throughout his career, 1 of the top 5 NBA active players in scoring. Don't think I need to go on....as far as your Kidd comments, are you serious? 75% of the teams in the league would LOVE to have Kidd. One of the greatest PG's of all time, end of story.

disagree there. what they have to sacrifice to get kidd + the burnt of their cap for a pg who is already reaching the end of his career? 75 % teams , here are at least 20 teams who wont trade for kidd, because they would give up too many assets. yeah sure im sure 90 % of the teams in the league would take kidd for free. if they didnt have to give up anything. would anyone wana trade a young prospect for him? unless you are a CONTENDER the answer is no. you dont trade youth for pieces thats going to get you more wins for now but will not give you an actual chance to contend. no one in the nba will take on kidd unless they are sure he give them a chance to win a championship. off my head alone i can name at least 5 teams who wouldnt want kid . new orleans. phoenix. utah. golden state. wizards. already have pgs who are better off as franchise players. and then theres at least 5 -10 other teams in rebuild and youth mode who would never in their lives sacrifice the youth in a trade , because it would get them nowhere, even if they got kidd they still wouldnt be a threat and they would lose all their rebuilding progress, so you think a team like atlanta, charollete, the sixers, blazers , bucks, would make the sacrifces to get him there? ugh 75 % , i really dont think so . um and no, ask jerry colangelo if they still wanted him after his "legal issues".

a lot of teams and their management would NOT want that baggage especially with a young up and coming team . 1 in 5 active players in scoring . huh? what does that even mean. carter 22 second in scoring?given that hes a mediocre defender at best, hes being outscored, even though that is carter's forte, and outplayed in many categories by many of the top 20 players above him. even though he could easily, if he chose to use give 110% effort and give it his all, be probably top 5 players in this league. not to mention even with hall of fame and all star talent around him, and even though he has the ability to probably dominate on a lebron like level, he disappears , or just doesnt deliver. even though hes the most talented and gifted player on the court 99 % of the time? in terms of statistics he may be better than sar, and he may be on a higher level of playing ability, but in terms of not bringing in the wins and carrying their team and simply "going to the motions" during games and not getting to the promised land he fails. carter was once labeled as the next jordan. sar was never close to such expectations. so obviously i will expect carter to carry his team a farther. ive been watching him since his freshman year in north carolina , and probably seen at least 600 of his games. and even though i am a fan of vince carter, i am not blinded by homerism and will point out his flaws. and being in top 5 active or whatever blah blah doesnt mean or say squat about your ability to lead a team and you being the best player possible.
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#16 » by jeff1624 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:52 pm

Wow dude you must be incredibly young or just plain stupid to believe that Atlanta, portland or charlotte wouldn't want kidd..

Do you know the influence kidd would have on Josh smith, al horford, marvin williams, acie law, emeka okafor, jason richardson, gerald wallace, raymond felton, LaMarcus Aldridge, greg oden(being microfracture surgery alumni himself) and Travis Outlaw... the only reason they wouldnt deal for kidd is because none of those teams have the salaries too make a trade work.

The whole Wife Beater incident or whatever is irrelevant when discussing basketball....because im pretty sure NO GM is going to break off a deal for Kobe citing that he raped a woman in denver. This is irrelevant to the NBA.

1 in 5 active scoring means just that. He's TOP 5 EVER in scoring among active players.

To say VC is a SG version of shareef abdur Rahim is just STUPID, in a down year he's putting 21,5,5....ALL STAR NUMBERS.... So get that BS out of here...

To say Marcus Williams, Nenad Krstic and Magloire dont have any Value is just laughable so all in all STFU and GTFO....
Dat Leadership
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,956

Post#17 » by Rich Rane » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:56 pm

viceroy wrote:thanks for threatening me for posting an objective look at an nba team. im stating what an outsider would look at your assets as , and here you are threatening me for posting my honest opinion as an observer and nba fan? its pretty sad when sharing of ideas and discussion has to labeled "trolling" by some power hungry mod who invests 20 seconds into the thread. ok you dont want to hear what other people think sure :/ threaten them for speaking out and sharing ideas.... hmmm. nazi germany had something like this.

There's a difference between objective posting and asking for trouble. Try to learn the difference or you won't get far in life.

And I love the overexaggerrated Nazi Germany comparison. It's amazing how people can't follow a simple set of rules because it doesn't suit their personality. Too bad. You're like those guys on Cops who always complain because they can't follow something...oh yeah, a set of rules. Now could you tell me which countries have those?
jerseyjac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34

Post#18 » by jerseyjac » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:54 am

viceroy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

thanks for threatening me for posting an objective look at an nba team. im stating what an outsider would look at your assets as , and here you are threatening me for posting my honest opinion as an observer and nba fan? its pretty sad when sharing of ideas and discussion has to labeled "trolling" by some power hungry mod who invests 20 seconds into the thread. ok you dont want to hear what other people think sure :/ threaten them for speaking out and sharing ideas.... hmmm. nazi germany had something like this.

organize your thoughts in a mature manner and maybe I'll take you seriously...

btw, it doesnt help when you have history of insulting members and fans...and then you take a shot at me...
viceroy
Banned User

Post#19 » by viceroy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:15 am

jeff1624 wrote:Wow dude you must be incredibly young or just plain stupid to believe that Atlanta, portland or charlotte wouldn't want kidd..

Do you know the influence kidd would have on Josh smith, al horford, marvin williams, acie law, emeka okafor, jason richardson, gerald wallace, raymond felton, LaMarcus Aldridge, greg oden(being microfracture surgery alumni himself) and Travis Outlaw... the only reason they wouldnt deal for kidd is because none of those teams have the salaries too make a trade work.

The whole Wife Beater incident or whatever is irrelevant when discussing basketball....because im pretty sure NO GM is going to break off a deal for Kobe citing that he raped a woman in denver. This is irrelevant to the NBA.

1 in 5 active scoring means just that. He's TOP 5 EVER in scoring among active players.

To say VC is a SG version of shareef abdur Rahim is just STUPID, in a down year he's putting 21,5,5....ALL STAR NUMBERS.... So get that BS out of here...

To say Marcus Williams, Nenad Krstic and Magloire dont have any Value is just laughable so all in all STFU and GTFO....

if they are so interested why arent they any kind of ruours , or ever have been? other teams who wanted kidd are already known the lakers, dallas, etc, um so if atlanta wants him so much why havent there been a single word about them wanting kidd. um youre really reaching when you think atlanta would take kidd, given the salary cap issues, their ownership and management already refuse to take on anymore salary. apparently you have 0 idea whats going on in atlanta. they wouldnt sacrifice any of their core to get kidd, and if you want to trade kidd for trash and scraps then by all means go ahead. youre delusional if you think atlanta is in heat for kidd, or that its going to take on a mega salary and give away picks or young players. they are not headed in that diretion. they have a plan.

your kobe argument is a joke. kobe was never convicted, kidd pled no contest. HUGE DIFFERENCE. um inform yourself about the facts before making ludirious compariosons. you all me stupid but apparently you have 0 idea what is realy going on. things like rape DO have a relevane in the nba. BAGGAGE DOES have a relevane in the nba. and if you dont think so , well its not my job to point out the obviou :) um you call me a kid but i probably wathed more games than you X 20. if you follow the nba or have any clue about whats going on in the nba, yeah things like beatings and assaults have a HUGE impact on a players trade value. if its not obvious to you........ and the reason kidd got traded in the first place was because of the publicity damage suffered to phoenix. um kobe and kidd arent the same. kobe was never convicted. like i said kidd pled no contest. if you dont know what that means that admitting guilt for a less severe sentene. so you can take your own "stfu" advice cause its obvious you have 0 clue what youre talking about. sar was putting up 20 and 10 regularly which can can all be labeled star numbers. in fact plenty of players in this league are putting up 20 10 or 20 5 5. which has more value? if every player who put up 20 and 10 was or 20 5 5 an all star there would have to be 20 players on each team. in fact ill take a double double 20 10 guy over 20 5 5 anytime. being 1 in 5 active top blah blah doesnt mean jack **** if youre not bringing wins to the table. ala allen iverson who is actually making his team succeed.

Return to Brooklyn Nets