ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Game Thread: Nets @ Rockets (64)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Who is teh more sexy?

Scola
No votes
Mutombo
100%

Total votes: 18

Serpo
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#81 » by Serpo » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:28 am

hisairness wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

im not talking about that one play, this happens all the time he has the ball with closing seconds and no one moving has something to do with marcus handling the ball

No it something to do why this team sucks , nobody ever move on offense regardless who sets up the plays.

We played worse with every Game of the trip in SA this team tried , in Memphis we looked bad but tried in sparks , in NO we looked ok the first half , in Dallas we sucked , Now we suck even more.
jcrack32
Sophomore

Post#82 » by jcrack32 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:28 am

wow....lol at least we got past the 50 mark
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,450

Post#83 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:30 am

Serpo wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

We don't have anyone who consistenly will hit an open three or normal jumper even Carter looks like he forgot how to shoot .

The only thing our players are ok at is attacking the basket but smart teams force you to hit jumpshoots ...

Don't defend Frank, regardless of the lack of a stone cold shooter this team is way too talented to be playing this bad. Philadelphia has a team that can't shoot better than a Division 1 women's team and yet they at least find ways to utilize their players' skills. When the offense calls for a team of non shooters to stand around on the perimeter and shoot jumpshots while someone goes 1 on 5 at the defense with no movement, of course things will get stopped.

And if we want to get at the players, okay. These guys for the most part don't give a CRAP.

Its time for the environment to change. The only people on this roster that should be thought about being here after this disgrace of a season ends is Sean Williams, Devin Harris, Marcus Williams, Nenad Krstic, Josh Boone, and Diop and rebuild from that. carter, jefferson, and frank all need to be elsewhere next year.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Da big3
Starter
And1: 2

Post#84 » by Da big3 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:33 am

garbage time, that sounds so familiar
Serpo
Veteran

Post#85 » by Serpo » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:34 am

I'm not defending Frank i'm just saying this team is not as talented as you say , it's not even close.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#86 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:39 am

Carter, Jefferson, Harris, the Williams', Boone, Diop, Krstic, Nachbar, Swift

That isn't talent? Under a better coach and in a better system, that team would not be this bad...there are teams with lesser talent getting it done right now while this team mails it in every night. You can't honestly believe that this team sucks just because they aren't good enough.

This is what Knick fans go through. :laugh:

Da big3
Starter

Post#87 » by Da big3 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:40 am

:wavefinger: .......check it out its mutombo on your pc
Serpo
Veteran

Post#88 » by Serpo » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:41 am

And who of these player has a consitent jumper , i'm counting hmm ZERO .
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#89 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:44 am

I've stated several times over that Thorn needed to get a shooter prior to the deadline. But even without that kind of player, this team SHOULD BE better than this. These players on this roster in our front 9 are not garbage.

Da big3
Starter

Post#90 » by Da big3 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:46 am

garbage time, why arent we seeing devin, sean williams and boone, this is there time to devlop
Serpo
Veteran

Post#91 » by Serpo » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:48 am

With Kidd we had something unexpected in our game ( even though his hear wasn't fully in but he still pulled out some incredible passes ) but now we just get constantly zoned and our only 2 players able to score consistly get doubled all the time .

And to be honest i don't know what we could to against good defensive games.
ChinaTown
Pro Prospect

Post#92 » by ChinaTown » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:48 am

Da big3 wrote::wavefinger: .......check it out its mutombo on your pc

JA JA JA JA JA JA
Serpo
Veteran

Post#93 » by Serpo » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:56 am

Da big3 wrote:garbage time, why arent we seeing devin, sean williams and boone, this is there time to devlop

Boone played bad today he should have been out there but Devin and Sean tried today they shouldn't have to on the court on an emberassement like that ...
jcrack32
Sophomore

Post#94 » by jcrack32 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:57 am

I disagree that we're as talented as the Rockets w/o Yao. We're just really not that good of a team. Look at this team from the top down:

VC is our best player but he's clearly not the player some of us make him out to be. He's not the top 5 SG that he's been throughout his career. He's still our only true scorer and best playmaker.

RJ is our next best player but again not a number 1 option. He's questionably a top 10 SF in this league but he really can't create for his teammates.

Harris and Marcus are good young PGs but neither are good floor leaders...yet. Both need to learn to create for their teammates, when to go for their own and to find the balance between the two.

Kristic is still yet to be determined cause of his injury. If he gets back to how he played before the injury, then we have a solid frontcourt player...but his defense is still poor.

Boki is a decent bench player when his shot is on. If his shot is off, he is pretty much a liability to the team.

Boone is an active big but has no offense of his own. Good athleticism who will rebound but plays soft defense.

Diop is a good shotblocker but has poor post defense and no offense.

SWAT/Swift are athletic bigs that run the floor well and can shot block but can't do much of anything else.

I'm not trying to trash our team or players but I'm just being realistic. Add to the mix a coach who is just as deficient as his team...its a recipe for disaster. Our future isn't all bright and sunny as we first thought after the trade.
Texas Longhorns
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#95 » by Texas Longhorns » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:59 am

Good game guys, good luck the rest of the season.
- Vince Young - Kevin Durant - LaMarcus Aldrige - T.J. Ford - D.J. Augustin
fasca
Sophomore

Post#96 » by fasca » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:02 am

if the guy who dunks on mutumbo isnt allowed to do the finger wag then mutumbo shouldnt either.... at least be consistent
dontel
Analyst

Post#97 » by dontel » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:04 am

fasca wrote:if the guy who dunks on mutumbo isnt allowed to do the finger wag then mutumbo shouldnt either.... at least be consistent

no way jose! mutombo has that finger wag COPYRIGHTED! :wavefinger:
where its hard to get past the 1st rd because of injuries...happens
fasca
Sophomore

Post#98 » by fasca » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:05 am

I HAVE SOMETHING THAT YOU GUYS WILL LOVE!!! So i was talking to a friend who owns part of the team tonight, and i brought up frank. He says that although they still believe that frank is a decent coach, he agrees that they are not playing hard under him. He also said that he thibnks that Frank will be FIRED at the end of the year, and said hed be shocked if he was back next year. This isnt definent but still something to be hopeful for. He also said some other stuff, and ill tell you guys that later.
Da big3
Starter

Post#99 » by Da big3 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:08 am

more tanking Image
Da big3
Starter

Post#100 » by Da big3 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:10 am

fasca wrote:I HAVE SOMETHING THAT YOU GUYS WILL LOVE!!! So i was talking to a friend who owns part of the team tonight, and i brought up frank. He says that although they still believe that frank is a decent coach, he agrees that they are not playing hard under him. He also said that he thibnks that Frank will be FIRED at the end of the year, and said hed be shocked if he was back next year. This isnt definent but still something to be hopeful for. He also said some other stuff, and ill tell you guys that later.

screw espn, we got fasca, thank you :pray:

Return to Brooklyn Nets