ImageImageImage

Twitter Rumour: Luongo for Bozak, Frattin, 1st or 2nd round

Moderator: Crowned

TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,252

Re: Twitter Rumour: Luongo for Bozak, Frattin, 1st or 2nd ro 

Post#41 » by TheAlchemist » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:06 pm

For Bozak only? I'd do it ina heart beat.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#42 » by whysoserious » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:42 pm

bballsparkin wrote:Cox wrote in the star today Luongo is still a good option and Bozak might be enough. As a Canuck fan I'd do Luongo for Bozak. Bozak is a useful additional and frees up cap money for the Canucks. I thought it's pretty risky for the Leafs due to Luongo's crazy contract. The one bright light for the Leafs which occured to me today is the possibility of the amnesty being added to the next CBA. Which would allow the Leafs to cut ties with Luongo in a few years. Supposing this is a possibility, it seems like a good trade for Toronto. Although still risky I admit.

It honestly makes no sense to go after Luongo at this point, even if it's just for Bozak.

The amnesty in the next contract helps them at the end of Luongo's deal but the cap flexibility is a killer while he's here.

This team needs a front line center and a shuffling of it's defensive corps.

Also, the best thing Burke did was hold out on the Luongo deal and not give up Kadri because the way he's playing, that deal would have looked so horrible right now.
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#43 » by YogiStewart » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:45 pm

centres are hard to come by.
you don't trade Bozak, even if he is 2nd or 3rd line quality.
bassmastert
Rookie
And1: 116

Post#44 » by bassmastert » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:48 am

Talks are back on and I hope they fall through again. We'd have to give up too much (even if it's just Bozak) to get an old-ish goalie when we're doing fine with Reimer and Scrivens. His contract is a huge cap-killer as well. We should be looking for more firepower at the wings and centre if we want to improve but in this shortened season I really think we should stand pat and re-evaluate in the offseason. A lot of our young guys, especially Kadri are really starting to show their worth and to be honest it's nice to see us have a team of young up-starts rather than a bunch of washed-up has beens.
vinsanity11 wrote:
He was having flashbacks of game 6 last year, he didn't want to be the one who chocked again..
Raptors90102 wrote:
Spell check is your friend..
vinsanity11 wrote:
I spelled it right dumbass...

LOL RealGM at it's finest...
OhMyBosh
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,206

Post#45 » by OhMyBosh » Mon Apr 1, 2013 5:55 pm

bassmastert wrote:Talks are back on and I hope they fall through again. We'd have to give up too much (even if it's just Bozak) to get an old-ish goalie when we're doing fine with Reimer and Scrivens. His contract is a huge cap-killer as well. We should be looking for more firepower at the wings and centre if we want to improve but in this shortened season I really think we should stand pat and re-evaluate in the offseason. A lot of our young guys, especially Kadri are really starting to show their worth and to be honest it's nice to see us have a team of young up-starts rather than a bunch of washed-up has beens.

Reimer and Scrivens are a good enough duo to get you into the playoffs given how much stronger the rest of the lineup has become. I'm with you in that we should keep rolling with what we have and see what transpires in May.

Acquiring Luongo feels like a typical Colangelo quick-fixer that puts little emphasis on the vision of the team. I'm not endorsing Reimer as the goalie for the future as it seems he simply cannot win shootouts. But he's also far from the bottom of the barrel. He's merely an average to above-average goaltender - one that's not bad enough that requires replacing with a cap-crippling contract.

With a .920 SV% and 2.52 GAA, that's good enough to be a top-10 to top-15 goalie this season.
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 154

Post#46 » by Crowned » Mon Apr 1, 2013 9:43 pm

With Reimer playing the way he is, there's absolutely no reason to go after Luongo. The difference in salary would net us a significant upgrade elsewhere in the lineup. That alone isn't worth the acquisition.
_venom_
Assistant Coach
And1: 100

Post#47 » by _venom_ » Mon Apr 1, 2013 10:47 pm

The only way I'd go for Luongo if Vancouver was willing to take Grabovski back in return for him. Grabovski has been a huge disappointment and is essentially just a checking line C right now. A severely overpaid one at that. Of course even if Vancouver was willing to make that trade we'd have to make another move to get a C. Mclement would be fine in the 3rd line C role but we'd still need a 4th line C.

However the smarter play is probably just to roll with what we have because even with Luongo we likely won't be winning a Cup this year. The price on Luongo will be super low in the offseason because Vancouver will be at cap going into next year and will have to move a goalie.
_venom_
Assistant Coach
And1: 100

Post#48 » by _venom_ » Tue Apr 2, 2013 7:40 pm

Well with Vancouver's trade to get Roy that basically means they no longer would trade Luongo for a C. I don't know if that makes a trade to Toronto more likely or less likely.
DonMega
General Manager
And1: 8,689

Post#49 » by DonMega » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:52 pm

Sounds Legit
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,249

Post#50 » by LLJ » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:44 pm

Dodged a bullet
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,548

Post#51 » by bballsparkin » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:29 pm

LLJ wrote:Dodged a bullet

It's a boomerang, the offer will come back in the summer. ;)

Return to Toronto Maple Leafs